• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Missing Front Volume Of Condor Heroes

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course. The story started with Wang Chongyang when he was young, how he founded Quanzhen Sect with Senile Retard Zhou Botong, and how the rest of the East Demon, West Venom, South King and North Beggar mastered their skills and ended up in Huashang Lunjian. Zhou Botong was there as observer.

That's why the Senile Retard martial arts so good. Later after Wang Chongyang won, he went Dali kingdom to teach King Duan the Yiyangzhi, cause he think he's a righteous man and the Senile Retard couldn't be trusted to upkeep the skill and legacy.

Whilst Wang and Duan were practising their Yiyangzhi, the Senile Retard went to fuck around with a Duan concubine. :eek: :biggrin:

This is interesting. I wonder does library has such books for borrow?

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk about Shen Diao.
Nan Sheng got yiyangzhi
Xi Du got hama gong
Bei Gai got Xiang Long Shi Ba Zhang

Dong Xie got what har? his flute can kill huh?

Bro, from wiki.
http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh/黄药师

黄药师,外號 「东邪」:

最大絕學 「東風絕技」是 「落英神劍掌」 與 「旋風掃葉腿」 齊施,六掌六腳齊施,六招之下敵人若是不退,接着又是六招,招術愈來愈快,共六六三十六招。

武功方面,黃藥師自創了「蘭花拂穴手」、「落英神劍掌」、「旋風掃葉腿」、「玉簫劍法」和 《碧海潮生曲》

I think this 东邪 is the most intelligent of the lot, although character abit eccentric.

Last edited:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Among all the characthers in Jun Yong's books, I think my favourite is the Deer and the Cauldron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Deer_and_the_Cauldron

The work is unique and as it breaks all the rules of wuxia. Imagine writing a wuxia novel where:

1) The hero doesn know and never learns kung fu.
2) The hero is a traitor which plays both sides.
3) The hero ends up with 7 wives.
4) The hero is greedy. He amasses and keeps a huge amount of money.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Among all the characthers in Jun Yong's books, I think my favourite is the Deer and the Cauldron. ...
me tried reading tis novel twice ... during separate 2 cny hols ...

both times oso never manage 2 finish reading it ... :o :p

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
me tried reading tis novel twice ... during separate 2 cny hols ...

both times oso never manage 2 finish reading it ... :o :p

There are so many for TV versions. Go and buy/rent DVD to watch.

Most people are familiar with Condor Heros, Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre etc. It is however fun to hunt down and watch some of his lesser known works like Sword Stained with Royal Blood.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many for TV versions. Go and buy/rent DVD to watch.

Most people are familiar with Condor Heros, Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre etc. It is however fun to hunt down and watch some of his lesser known works like Sword Stained with Royal Blood.

That serial starred by Tony Leung Chiu Wai. Classic.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... It is however fun to hunt down and watch some of his lesser known works like Sword Stained with Royal Blood.
連城訣 ...

last time, loong, loong time ago ... heard 李大傻 read it on radio ... found it quite nice den ...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, from wiki.
http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh/黄药师

黄药师,外號 「东邪」:

最大絕學 「東風絕技」是 「落英神劍掌」 與 「旋風掃葉腿」 齊施,六掌六腳齊施,六招之下敵人若是不退,接着又是六招,招術愈來愈快,共六六三十六招。

武功方面,黃藥師自創了「蘭花拂穴手」、「落英神劍掌」、「旋風掃葉腿」、「玉簫劍法」和 《碧海潮生曲》

I think this 东邪 is the most intelligent of the lot, although character abit eccentric.
LOL, never heard before, haha..... sounds so girly :p:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
everyone knows about the shortcoming of swordplay, that why sword was long outdated to be used for war in china long ago in the development of weapons in ancient china. swordplay was more of an scholarly art since the early part of chinese history, meaning its for the bookworms.

It's telling throughout the Legend of Condor Heroes, non of the masters from Wang Chongyang to Guo Jing used sword. It was only in the Return of Condor Heroes that had Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu using swords. Then of course there was the later tale of the Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre.

jw5

Loyal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_Jin_Yong's_novels#The_Legend_of_the_Condor_Heroes

1.Sword of the Yue Maiden (c. 500 BC)
2.Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils (1091-1094)
3.The Legend of the Condor Heroes (1204-1225)
4.The Return of the Condor Heroes (1237-1260)
5.The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber (1263-1359)
The timeline for HS & DS cannot be correct.
When the series started, Zhang Sanfeng was 90 years old. He celebrated his 100th birthday during the series and was still alive when it ended. If the series spanned 96 years, he would have been 186 years old!

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
that i agree, nothing come close to a Japanese sword. in fact their sword is so good that many material engineers said the very first material engineers in the world are actually the japanese sword makers. the precise use of amount of carbon to steel to create different kind of steel at different layer of sword.

i had seen an image of a old japanese sword using special spectroscopy techniques, its really amazing at how the sword is nicely layered to balance strength and ductility (prevent cracking).

Myth only. The japanese swords are usually tempered 100 folds compared to a thousand folds of a chinese sword. It defied logic as anything more than 300 folds would cause the sword to be brittle.

And also, Chinese invented chronium more than 2000 years ago wherelse the west discovered it only 200 years ago. Chinese swords are better than Japanese swords. In fact many Japanese on purpose collected Chinese swords back to their homeland.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Myth only. The japanese swords are usually tempered 100 folds compared to a thousand folds of a chinese sword. It defied logic as anything more than 300 folds would cause the sword to be brittle.

And also, Chinese invented chronium more than 2000 years ago wherelse the west discovered it only 200 years ago. Chinese swords are better than Japanese swords. In fact many Japanese on purpose collected Chinese swords back to their homeland.

The best quality swords in the world had been from China since swordsmith couple Gan Jiang and Mo Yan some two and a half thousand years ago. Those days, those were still straight double-edged swords but broad bladed designed for warfare.

The invention of the curved single-edged sabre meant the the sword as it was gradually faded away from military use except as ceremonious ornaments, e.g. generals and royalties looked smarter wearing a sword than a sabre, the sword also looked more elegant was wall decoration and in non-violent swordplays.

In ancient China, bladed weapons were available to anyone who could afford them. So a wide range of designs and differences in qualities were available. In ancient Japan, it was strictly controlled. Only the royalties, shoguns and samurais could own and wear them in public. Ninjas and soldiers could wear them when on duty only (like our modern army, draw arms on duty and send arms after duty).

Japanese sword design benefitted from the early Chinese invention of sword and sabre, they fused the two designs and it become a curved sword. And since it was under strict civil control, the Japanese design became more or less standardised to a set of katana (long), wakizashi (medium) and tanto (short).

As for quality, since Japan had the swordsmiths under strict control and legal by imperial charter only, the Japanese quality was more or less consistently among the top grade. In China, some swords and sabres might of course be of better quality than the best of Japan, but there were many of inferior quality. For example, performing troupes and martial art schools wouldn't require too much of quality from their swordsmiths and wouldn't waste too much capital.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

ay i never seen the spectro pic of a proper chinese sword so i am not sure. about the actual number of folding well i am not sure as well. but its really a lot and i was really impressed by it ! even its 100 fold man it really look spectacular under the microscope (cannot recall what the prof use to take it)

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Condor Heroes Sammyboy Version 1.0

Zhong Shentong (Central Divine) : Leongsam
Dong Xie (Eastern Heretic) : Alamaking
Xi Du (Western Venom) : Leetahbar
Nan Di (Southern Emperor) : Scroobal
Bei Gai (Northern Beggar) : Krafty Hotbot
Lao Wantong (Old Senile) : Equalisation

Anymore to add or nominate?

:biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The big fat condor kor kor = Ramseth
Carelefer who accidentally fell off the cliff = cheapfuck bus driver, lol

:biggrin::biggrin:

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
The West favored Damascus swords more for its sharpness and strength more than samurai swords. Recently, researchers in the west tried to duplicate lost Damascus swords using nanotechnology. Like ancient chinese swords, the blade are purposed wired.

While Damascus swords are lost to the world, Gou Jian sword has been found. The composite of the sword is absolutely stunning. Search wiki for it:smile:

If anyone have interest, you can clink the link below for it.

http://www.wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1318

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The West favored Damascus swords more for its sharpness and strength more than samurai swords. Recently, researchers in the west tried to duplicate lost Damascus swords using nanotechnology. Like ancient chinese swords, the blade are purposed wired.

While Damascus swords are lost to the world, Gou Jian sword has been found. The composite of the sword is absolutely stunning. Search wiki for it:smile:

If anyone have interest, you can clink the link below for it.

http://www.wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1318

watch ang moh, jap cock sucker ram say it's actually lousy.