• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Miss Universe Pinay can Jiak both sausage and abalone!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Miss Universe Philippines Michelle Dee comes out as ‘loud and proud’ bisexual in Catholic-majority nation​

The 28-year-old, whose mother was the country’s Miss International 1979, is putting to rest ‘malicious’ gossip over photos of her childhood Her fans hope she will inspire those struggling to come out due to the stigma attached to it in the Catholic-majority country​

SCMP’s Asia desk3:46pm, 30 May, 2023
[IMG alt="Miss Universe Philippines 2023 Michelle Marquez Dee noted that telling her story now is her way of taking control of her narrative. Photo: Instagram/michelledee
"]https://cdn.i-scmp.com/sites/defaul...388e4fc3.jpg?itok=FFf8NsfL&v=1685433298[/IMG]
Miss Universe Philippines 2023 Michelle Marquez Dee has revealed she is bisexual, saying “I’m attracted to all forms of beauty, all shapes and sizes”.

In a recent interview with a fashion magazine, Dee said the decision to come out was an attempt to put an end to rumours about her sexuality and that she has identified herself as bisexual for the longest time.

“I definitely identify myself as bisexual. I’ve identified with that for as long as I can remember. I’m attracted to all forms of beauty, all shapes and sizes,” said Dee, who will represent the Philippines at the Miss Universe pageant in El Salvador later this year.

Dee’s fans and well wishers on social media hoped she would serve as inspiration for those struggling to come out due to the stigma attached to it in the Catholic-majority country. Photo: Instagram/michelledee
Dee’s fans and well wishers on social media hoped she would serve as inspiration for those struggling to come out due to the stigma attached to it in the Catholic-majority country. Photo: Instagram/michelledee
The 28-year-old said her gender was really no one’s business but hers and she refrained from talking about her sexual orientation during the national beauty contest that ended on May 13 as the “timing was not right”.

Advertisement
Advertisement
“I felt like coming out during the competition would shock everyone, and cloud everyone’s judgment. I also wanted to do that within my own timeline, and it wasn’t the right time,” Dee told Mega Magazine.

The actress-model, who has starred in films like Cara x Jagger, noted that telling her story now is her way of taking control of her narrative after old photos from her childhood showing her as a high schooler with short, barely combed hair and carefree poses were circulated on social media to diminish her achievements.

“I want to come out with this story because I know that those photos were spread with malicious intent to kind of distract me, make me feel I’m not worthy of the crown,” she said.

Philippines’ low-income LGBT folk struggle to be heard
27 Jun 2021

Dee said her close friends knew about her gender, while her family, including her mother Miss International 1979 Melanie Marquez, had an “inkling.”

She added she was part of the LGBTQ community before coming out.

“Even before coming out, I’ve been attending pride marches. I have too many friends and best friends in the community. I’ve been a loud and proud ally. It’s just that I never gave a confirmation.”

Dee said the spotlight on her sexuality was not going to distract her from the cause she had been advocating for: autism awareness.

“It’s a lifelong mission for me because of my two autistic siblings,” she said.

Dee’s fans and well wishers on social media hoped she would serve as inspiration for those struggling to come out due to the stigma attached to it in the Catholic-majority country.

“I’ve also always known that I was bisexual since junior high and my friends always knew but not my parents. I hope that soon I’ll have the courage to tell them,” said a Twitter user.