• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Miss Universe cockup - A chance to display honour but the girls blew it

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everyone knows about the Miss Universe cockup, where host Steve Harvey did the unthinkable and mixed up the winner and the first runner up, which led quite predictably to angst, disorder and a general display of ill-feelings and conflicted emotions on the part of all those involved.

Later on, an unseen footage posted by beauty magazine Missosology revealed the contestants snubbing Ms Philippines and cheering "Columbia! Columbia!" after the latter had been rudely told to "take a step back".

The German contestant even had some unsavory remarks to make, saying that none of the girls would have voted for Ms Philippines.

I am no fan of anything the failed state of Philippines produced, not even their whores, but this a blown opportunity in my opinion.

It was a chance for the girls to close ranks, embrace both Columbia and Philippines, and assure both of them that everything was okay.

Instead they took sides and let their emotions over-rule what was in fact a golden opportunity to display both honour and sportsmanship.

I know that this kind emotional reaction is very typical of the female gender, and as expected will most often taken precedence over higher abstractions like goodwill, camaraderie and sportsmanship. But we are talking about an international contest here. Even if the contestants are bimbos of the first order, they are national representatives first and foremost, and i expect a higher standard of conduct from them.

Alas, girls will be girls.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hell hath no fury for a woman scorned!

latest

biondi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I heard Miss Columbia is suing that nigga for distress. Another thing to note is that other planets didn't send representatives.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Women are nothing but trouble.. just a mistake and all hell break lose

MGTOW is the best!!!! away from female bitch problems and inconveniences.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agree with trump that both should be crowned as co-queens as a result of the gaffe. but miss colombia (not columbia) will end up the winner in subsequent media and publicity events as she garners sympathies and adoration from hollywood, latinos, and whites, not withstanding her lookalike image of sophia vergara.

jw5

Loyal
Disagree. The host's gaffe has nothing to do with the result as voted by the judges. Ms Philippines should remain the winner, although I think Ms Columbia is much better looking. :wink:

agree with trump that both should be crowned as co-queens as a result of the gaffe. but miss colombia (not columbia) will end up the winner in subsequent media and publicity events as she garners sympathies and adoration from hollywood, latinos, and whites, not withstanding her lookalike image of sophia vergara.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Disagree. The host's gaffe has nothing to do with the result as voted by the judges. Ms Philippines should remain the winner, although I think Ms Columbia is much better looking. :wink:

miss colombia (not columbia) is a towering physical beauty, has more energy and is more vocal, although miss philipians :p does impress me with her demeanor before and after the gaffe. the judges are dominated by a bunch of dark skinned morons (perez hilton, emmitt smith) who either have an axe to grind with whites and latinos, especially the spaniard kind from latin america (because they keep winning), or their cocks have been sucked dry too often by pinay prostitutes (as papsmearer has alluded to). :wink:

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agreed that Ms Colombia is much much more pretty than the pinoy m&d....and with more poise and presence on stage.

After so many years, the judges must have decided that this year is turn for some minority representation from the Asia Pacific, rather than always latinos and europeans ... but,.....even then, the choice leaves much to be desired...unless one counts the behind the scenes shenanigans of free ... There are many more choices from the Asia Pacific....China, Korea, Japan, Vietnamese, Thai and even Malaysians, Singaporeans, Indians and Bhutanese..... :confused::confused::confused:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Harvey did it intentionally to help Miss Colombia steal some glory.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed that Ms Colombia is much much more pretty than the pinoy m&d....and with more poise and presence on stage.

After so many years, the judges must have decided that this year is turn for some minority representation from the Asia Pacific, rather than always latinos and europeans ... but,.....even then, the choice leaves much to be desired...unless one counts the behind the scenes shenanigans of free ... There are many more choices from the Asia Pacific....China, Korea, Japan, Vietnamese, Thai and even Malaysians, Singaporeans, Indians and Bhutanese..... :confused::confused::confused:

When will a pure breed sinkee (ie, not mixed blood) win an international beauty contest?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latinos, Philippines. They all come from Spain. Do no need to quarrel.Spanish gin and tonic or sangria is the best.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am more interested to know which round did Miss SG ( represented by a FT?) got eliminated.

I tend to think may be the rehearsal round though I may be wrong?

Anyone knows?