• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Miss Singapore World Ris Low guilty of credit card fraud

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I don't think this comes close to karma at all. This was one hasno shame. She has not lost anything but gained alot. She did not go to jail despite facing 60 charges. She can't speak for fuck, don't look like beuty contest materials yet made it.

She certainly represents EVERYTHING that is wrong with Singapore!:eek: Her English is disgrace and I'll bet my last dollar her Chinese is no better and to crown it all, her self declared "It's all about ME" attitude is shared by many and is what makes the little red dot the shithole that it is today.

Her Singlish doesn't represent Sinkieland's unique culture. All it does is represent Sillypore's lack of mastery in ANY language.

People who think they can turn off their Singlish and speak proper English when required to are seriously disillusioned.

The problem doesn't just afflict low life criminal scum like Ris Low. It infects the very top echelons of govt too. Listen to this clown and you'll know what I mean......:rolleyes:

<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NcttDtlHQUA&hl=zh_TW&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TV2009080919120900-1.jpg

KNN! How dare u hifcuklutin my millionaire 'comical ali' minister? *ouch*

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at what Bad Engrish could get you into...:p

It is karmic on a fast track, I would say.
She is being derailed by something totally unrelated.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20090925-169827.html

Fri, Sep 25, 2009
my paper

20090925.100151_20090925-myp-rislow-b.jpg

Can she represent S'pore at Miss World?

By Dawn Tay

A QUESTION mark hangs over whether recently crowned Miss Singapore World, Miss Ris Low, will be able to represent the nation in the Miss World 2009 pageant.

The international pageant will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa, in December but it is not clear if Miss Low will be allowed to leave the country as she is on probation after being convicted of credit-card fraud.

In April and May last year, she spent more than $2,400 on at least four separate occasions, using at least three illegally obtained credit cards, at times impersonating the identity of their owners.

She was sentenced to 24 months of supervised probation in May this year.

It is unclear how she obtained the credit cards.

my paper understands that the 19-year-old student is seeking permission from the court to travel to South Africa for the pageant.

When contacted, Miss Low said that she was not in a position to comment.

Multiple e-mail messages and phone calls to the organiser of the Miss Singapore World pageant, ERM World, went unanswered.

Generally, offenders put on probation are required to apply to the courts for permission to leave the country, said lawyers interviewed by my paper.

This is because they usually have to observe curfews, and are required to report regularly to their supervising officers.

It is usually "quite rare" for probationers to be granted court permission to leave the country, said criminal lawyer Amolat Singh.

Whether permission is given would depend on their reasons for going overseas, Mr Singh said.

"Probation is a second chance at life, compared to being sentenced to a prison term. Permission may be granted for exigencies, such as family emergencies," he said.

It would also depend on the terms of probation and how well the offender has behaved, said lawyer Mark Goh.

Mr Singh added that probationers given permission to leave the country have to be placed under proper supervision while overseas.

Picked from 22 contestants, Miss Low was crowned Miss Singapore World in July.

She recently came under fire for her poor standard of spoken English, by netizens who had watched a video of her interview with Internet-TV news site RazorTV. This had been posted on the website prior to her win.

Videos spoofing phrases she said, such as "leopard preens" (leopard prints), "bigini" (bikini) and "boomz", have emerged online, along with heated debates over Singapore's education system and the use of Singlish by youth here.

[email protected]

Last edited:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20090925-170018.html

Fri, Sep 25, 2009
AsiaOne

20090925.192850_ris_low_news_crown.jpg

Ris Low: I'm disappointed with myself, but will not give up crown

Miss Singapore World 2009 has confirmed her conviction of five charges of misappropriation, cheating using illegally obtained credit cards, and impersonating their users' identities in interviews with two Chinese evening dailies, Shin Min Daily News and Lianhe Wanbao.

Below are the questions and answers between Miss Low and Lianhe Wanbao:

Reporter: Is it true you have been convicted of misusing and cheating using illegally obtained credit cards?
Ris: Yes, it is all true.

Reporter: Do you think you have disappointed Singaporeans?
Ris: Not really, but I am disappointed with myself. If I can do it again, I will not make the same mistake.

Reporter: Will you give up your crown and withdraw from the Miss World pageant?
Ris: Of course I am not willing. I don't want to give up my dreams. But if the organisers want me to, I will accede to their request. It would only be fair.

Reporter: Do you regret entering the pageant now, since your past has been exposed?
Ris: No, how many people out there would continue to pursue their dreams, fully aware of their shortcomings, and not give up despite the pressure? If there are any regrets, then I only have myself to blame for doing those things in the past.

Reporter: Are you worried that this spate of bad publicity will affect your future?
Ris: Of course I'm worried about my career, but I'm not so concerned when it comes to relationships. I believe the man who loves me will be able to overlook my past, especially since I am truly remorseful.

Reporter: Do you have any thoughts about this whole matter?
Ris: Who does not have a past? Who has not committed wrongs? Actually, being sentenced to probation does not make it a criminal record, but it is made serious because it is a legal one. This incident has made me appreciate the love and support from my family members.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Reporter: Will you give up your crown and withdraw from the Miss World pageant?
Ris: Of course I am not willing. I don't want to give up my dreams. But if the organisers want me to, I will accede to their request. It would only be fair. ...
ah ris ...

u r rite! ...

gif up? ... wat gif up? ... wifdraw? ... wat wifdraw? ...

gt other ppl oredi convicted still can collect million $ salary, woh! ... other ppl oso din gif up, din wifdraw ...

so stoopig ... gif up? wifdraw? 4 wat? ...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You had to spoil a beautiful saturday by posting this clown.

Listen to this clown and you'll know what I mean......:rolleyes:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NcttDtlHQUA&hl=zh_TW&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
20090925.192850_ris_low_news_crown.jpg

Ris Low: C'mon lah. All those cheeko AngMoh judges only see if my face and body makes their cock stand and whether I am bonkable or not onli.
To hell with your moral intergity. You think sinkies has any intergity to
begin with? Errr...sorry I mean integrity. :biggrin:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly!! Ris Low embodies the very essence of the Ugly Chinese Singaporean. Self-centered, speaks broken English or Singlish (dialect mashed with English) like an Ah Beng and lacks moral fiber. It does not matter to them if they break the law as long as they aren't caught. Petty crimes, corruption and kick-backs are rampant in Chinese businesses.

No wonder most Chinese Sinkees want her out. She embodies the very essence of their ugly side. I hope she goes on to win the Ms World crown.

She certainly represents EVERYTHING that is wrong with Singapore!:eek: Her English is disgrace and I'll bet my last dollar her Chinese is no better and to crown it all, her self declared "It's all about ME" attitude is shared by many and is what makes the little red dot the shithole that it is today.

Her Singlish doesn't represent Sinkieland's unique culture. All it does is represent Sillypore's lack of mastery in ANY language.

People who think they can turn off their Singlish and speak proper English when required to are seriously disillusioned.

The problem doesn't just afflict low life criminal scum like Ris Low. It infects the very top echelons of govt too. Listen to this clown and you'll know what I mean......:rolleyes:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is it up to her to decide if she wants to retain the crown. Isn't it the pageant's job to strip her of her title if she gets into shit like this?

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is it up to her to decide if she wants to retain the crown. Isn't it the pageant's job to strip her of her title if she gets into shit like this?

And turn this fiasco into a PR nightmare?

Miss Low has only her self-respect going for her right now and to her credit did not run and hide but admitted what she did was wrong. She did win the title fair and square, so why give it up? By voluntarily handing the crown back she is savvy enough to realize that act is an admission of her being undeserving of the title. The ball is in ERM World's court now. They will have to request she hand the title back and in the process risk making matters worse as this may backfire and put public sympathy firmly on Ris Low's side. The girl does have a brain after all I must admit.

Unlike the SG Chinks she represents, she has balls. Keep the crown Ris.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim Swee Say's examples make sense

Just because he doesn't speak Queen's English does not lower the value of his speech

Unfortunately many Pinkerton Singaporeans love received pronunciation from people who just talk cock

Well, the way forward to secure Singapore' economic future is to import 1.5 million PRC undergrads and grads - mostly between 15 and 25 years old for reproductive reasons

This is sustainable but URA and HDB must free up more land, especially the large swathes in the west, and quickly build flats to accommodate this fresh batch of immigrants who will rescue us

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Listen to this clown and you'll know what I mean......:rolleyes:

Well done. The only part that I could understand was when he said something about the photographer, except that Sway Sway ended with "I am sure Lee can survive the 2% increase in GST".... KNCCB.... deserve a kick in the balls

:oIo:

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlike the SG Chinks she represents, she has balls. Keep the crown Ris.

Absolutely. Just ask Dr Woffles Wu to give her some nose and boobjob, and sponsor some serious english tuition. Sure can. After that, she can work as his receptionist at his clinic.

:biggrin:

:p

sufferwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course she will not give up her title easily..
afterall the manager told her she can compete as long as her thefts are not reported in the media.. and as she said, she has not disappointed S'poreans but only herself (me, me).. "everybody has their own past, so why pick on me, me?"

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The media is having a field day baying for and making pigs' feasts out of her blood, and apparently she's too dumb to realise or handle it.

To those who think that she has "balls", well of course she has; it takes "balls" to steal credit cards and impersonate other people.

I can only say what think. I think that she's not driven by intellect or intelligence as to her action, only by material desire.

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like you ah nehs who gave urselves english names and claims to be eurasian....

I guess I am in the minority when i say Ris Low has to be the best ever representative of Singapore or more accurately the SG Chink.

Let's start with her name, Ris Low or Low Ris(k), however you like. Another Chink with a low self-esteem about her ethnicity with a fucked up name. Like Woffles Wu.

Next her standard of English or should that be Singlish. Very representative of the HDB Ah Bengs and Ah Lians.

Finally like most SG Chinks, she is completely lacking in moral fiber and is materialistic. Theft and impersonation for material gain is 2nd nature to the Chinks. Worst still they see no wrong in it as long as they are not caught.

I would say let Ms Low represent the Chinks at the world pageant in Johannesburg. She ought to be crowned Miss World just for being the most suitable representative of her country.