• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Miss Singapore World Finalist

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously. WTF. The judges all got eye problem is it. This kind of F+++ing standard also can be finalist????

630MSW.jpg

574950_10150835671333001_345185573000_9948667_1964186127_n.jpg

Local organizers of Miss Singapore World 2012 have come under fire after one of its pageant co-ordinators allegedly revealed that contestants with "Pan-Asian" looks are favoured to win.

According to The New Paper, a "spokesman" from organizer Limelite Productions told their reporter that they planned to send a representative with pan-Asian looks as part of their strategy this year.

"In the past, we sent girls who were really tall, really fair, had really dark hair, and who answered questions well. But the formula hasn't worked." he is reported to have said.

The "spokesman" allegedly claimed that the organizers were planning to enhance the girls' Caucasian-Asian features by tanning their skin, dyeing their hair a lighter colour, and making them wear light-coloured contact lenses.

The controversial criteria drew mixed reactions from the Singaporean public, with most expressing anger and calling it discriminatory.

"I think its a deplorable decision taken by organizers." said accounts manager Jayslee Tan, 41. "Miss Singapore World is supposed to represent Singapore, not some kind of ideal of what Singaporean girls should be. If she does not look like any Singaporean girl I meet or know of, how can she represent the country?"

"This is exactly the kind of thing that encourages poor self image amongst girls." said housewife Regina Lee, 42, who has two teenaged daughters. "We are Asian, not Caucasian, and we have our own kind of beauty. I don't see the need to conform to Western standards."

Limelite Production's director, Mr Raymond Ooi, has since responded to the report by clarifying that one of the pageant co-ordinators had misinterpreted a "Pan-Asian theme" suggested during selection discussions.

"Someone had suggested that we use the theme "Pan-Asia" to add more colour and represent that there are many different ethnicities here in Singapore - not that we were looking for a Pan-Asian face. We do not discriminate or promote a specific race." Mr Ooi told Yahoo! Singapore.

His company's Facebook page also posted a statement to its 'supporters' -

"Selection of the contestants/winner will still be selected based on "Beauty with a Purpose" which the winner has to be compassionate, beautiful and intelligent. Every contestant stands an equal chance in this competition and we sincerely apologized for any misunderstanding caused."

However, most Singaporeans Yahoo! spoke to were unconvinced by the statement, especially since three out of the five girls unofficially singled out as "hot favourites" by the organisers were pan-Asian or of mixed ancestry.

Kaplan student Nicole Olsen, 24, has a Swedish-Portuguese father and Chinese mother, while Singapore Polytechnic student Sarah Noble, 17, is British-Malay-Chinese.

Republic Polytechnic student Farah Jaffar, 20, is a tongue-twisting Malay-Indonesian-Dutch-Chinese.

"What on earth is a Pan-Asia theme? Its obvious that he is just trying to smooth the situation over after being exposed." said housewife Denise Rodrigues, 42. "The least the company should do is to make transparent the selection process. It's poor public relations."

Others said that it was an open secret that pageants preferred pan-Asian contestants and Limelite was just unlucky to have been outed.

"You can say its discrimination, but the criteria does give Singapore a better chance at doing well at the Miss World competition. Pan-Asian looks would be exotic to the judges." said real estate agent Chew Hanlong, 29.

He pointed out that the Miss Singapore Universe 2000 Eunice Olsen was one of the few who had lasting international appeal, appearing in American magazine Esquire as Singapore's Sexiest Woman 2010.

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/singapore-showbiz/miss-singapore-pan-asian-world-111655275.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
not bad lah for sinkies...really not bad lah. of course cannot compare with the colombians or venezuelians lah! those girls are pro!!!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
They are fucking ugly. Why can't our country produce a proper looking Miss Singapore the past few years?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think any of them are particularly ugly but I also don't think any of them have the 'winning' look of, say, Michelle Yeoh (I know she didn't win the world title..) But to be fair, it's not easy to find someone with the right looks and physique and is willing to go through the rigmarole of public scrutiny.

So my note to the young ladies - congrats you got this far but the competition ahead is much tougher and may be insurmountable.

KoalaJack

Alfrescian
Loyal
what crap pan asian criteria....all except the extreme right one, looked like normal malay or chinese with dyed hair.

why cant they have natural color? all dye, all end up looking like the same KTV robots...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what crap pan asian criteria....all except the extreme right one, looked like normal malay or chinese with dyed hair.

why cant they have natural color? all dye, all end up looking like the same KTV robots...
My avatar gal beats them hands down, LOL

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe their criteria for selection is too stringent... perhaps if they loosen it to include PR... maybe can find alot of Chinese beauties.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
have to agree they looked like something the cat dragged out.
WTF no real pretty sinkies girls want to take part?
the far shot still okay....the close up CMI

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
have to agree they looked like something the cat dragged out.
WTF no real pretty sinkies girls want to take part?
the far shot still okay....the close up CMI

Told you guys that Singaporeans are ugly, useless and dumb. You people think I'm just being spiteful and don't really mean what I say. I'm sorry, Singaporeans. I'm the oracle of brutal truths. :smile: