• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister Tan Chuan-Jin: You can top up your grandparents-in-law CPF

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CPF Minimum Sum Topping-Up scheme extended to more family members
<LINK rel=image_src href="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/components/display_image.php?id=417862">

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
<!-- for social media sharing functions --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var addthis_pub="cnaacc"; var addthis_options = 'facebook, twitter, live, google, linkedin, digg, yahoobkm, more'; var addthis_config = { data_track_clickback: true, ui_click: true } </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js?pub=cnaacc"></SCRIPT>
<fb:like style="WIDTH: 120px" class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" ref=".T4ZOZp73hwY.like" font="arial" show_faces="false" href="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1194653/1/.html" action="recommend" layout="button_count"></fb:like>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://platform.linkedin.com/in.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=IN/Share+init data-counter="right" data-url="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1194653/1/.html"></SCRIPT>

<TBODY> </TBODY>
<!-- END social media sharing functions -->
SINGAPORE: Minister of State for Manpower Tan Chuan-Jin announced on Thursday the extension of top-ups under the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Minimum Sum Topping-Up scheme to include parents-in-law and grandparents-in-law.

From January next year, cash top-ups into the special or retirement accounts of this group of persons will enjoy tax relief.

The CPF Board said that a CPF member may enjoy up to S$7,000 relief for cash top-ups to family members under the extension.

Giving details at a retirement conference, Mr Tan said the government would need to amend the CPF Act and the Income Tax Act later this year to effect the change.

With this enhancement, the Minimum Sum Topping-Up Scheme will become an even broader avenue to help CPF members boost the retirement savings for themselves and their loved ones, Mr Tan added.

According to CPF, there were 38,200 Minimum Sum Top-Up transactions amounting to S$215.6 million in 2011.

Top-up for parents were most popular with 58 per cent of top-ups going into parents' accounts.

Top-ups into spouses' accounts made up 16 per cent.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's next? You can also top up your great great grand uncle CPF too.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
With this enhancement, the Minimum Sum Topping-Up Scheme will become an even broader avenue to help CPF members boost the retirement savings for themselves and their loved ones, Mr Tan added.

Minister Tan,
do you mean that our Citizens wouldn't be able to afford their own retirement and require the help of their next generation to help ease their burden on retirement? :confused::confused::confused:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
horgaogan la PAP, thinking for more ways to fatten CPF is it?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From January next year, cash top-ups into the special or retirement accounts of this group of persons will enjoy tax relief.

You can take the shitty tax relief and shove it up your monkey candy ass. :oIo:

Only fools voluntarily top up CPF with additional money.

And if your elderly parents/grandparents die, good luck getting a single penny that you have contributed.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should return all the cpf money to those 55 years of age. Don't tell me an oldster cannot take care of his own money.

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe cpf is really broke. Why they keeping asking people to top up?

Top up grandparents-in-law cpf??? This is classic PAP strategy to pass the buck back to the people. Ordinary singaporeans do not even have enough for their own retirement.

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't really care whose CPF I can top up, because with cash, even their mistress CPF can be top up.

Most people really care if they can take out their CPF when they retire.

By the way, why are MIWs doing partime sales for CPF vacuum cleaner?

Someone needs to infiltrate n investigate.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is another CPF con job by the Scums In White.. Luckily our pets are not eligible for CPF top ups.. If not they'll even ask you to top up the CPF accounts of your dogs and cats..:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: CCB PAP..!!! :oIo:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is another CPF con job by the Scums In White.. Luckily our pets are not eligible for CPF top ups.. If not they'll even ask you to top up the CPF accounts of your dogs and cats..:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: CCB PAP..!!! :oIo:

bro, dont give them ideas leh.

jw5

Loyal
Minister Tan,
do you mean that our Citizens wouldn't be able to afford their own retirement and require the help of their next generation to help ease their burden on retirement? :confused::confused::confused:

What he means is that he feels so sad that after he becomes mos, he will have less time to see his children grow up.
Boohoohoo.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should allow me to open a CPF account for my dog. I don't mind putting some money into it, but for sure i will not ask Ramseth to be the executor of my will.

arainz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any1 done this?

if u have parents that can withdraw CPF for cash, can transfer from yr own CPF to their account, and then draw out cash from yr parents CPF acc

can be done right?