• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mindef aims to start veggie gardens at military camps to ensure food security

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hishammuddin: Mindef aims to start veggie gardens at military camps to ensure food security​

By Bernama - June 21, 2022 @ 5:41pm

Senior Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said for the initial stage, the Syed Sirajuddin Camp in Gemas, here, was selected as a pioneer project. - Bernama pic

TAMPIN: The Defence Ministry (Mindef) aims to create vegetable gardens at every military camp throughout the country to ensure food security, especially for the needs of military personnel.

Senior Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said for the initial stage, the Syed Sirajuddin Camp in Gemas, here, was selected as a pioneer project.

"Farming activities have already begun. I have just seen it. So, in whatever situation, including rising prices, we are self-sufficient. At least our personnel can focus on their duties of security and defence.

"I want a report later and if possible, it can be expanded to all camps and zones," he said after watching the 2022 Malaysian Armed Forces Firepower Training (LKT) here today.

He said the matter had been discussed together with Armed Forces chief General Tan Sri Affendi Buang and Army chief General Tan Sri Zamrose Mohd Zain.

Zamrose had posted on Facebook yesterday that the Army Integrated Farm at the Syed Sirajudin Camp, implemented under the Army Food Sustainability Programme, was aimed at reducing the cost of living for personnel.

He said it was a precautionary measure in tackling any possible food crisis in the future and ensure food sustainability, especially among armed forces personnel and the general public.

Meanwhile, Hishammuddin said the LKT was Mindef's effort to ensure all three branches of service in the armed forces were equipped with the necessary assets even during the post-Covid-19 pandemic era.

"As long as I'm defence minister, we will do whatever it takes to ensure that morale is good and their spirits are high, InshaAllah.

"The end users (military personnel) who will use these assets should determine what is needed and if we can afford it in the context of national finances. The ministry will expedite it. That's the process that I announced previously," he said. – BERNAMA

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is plenty of prime agricultural land north of Pasir Labia Camp and the areas around the westernmost reservoirs. I was a NS slave and I witnessed the lush virgin forests there. :cool:

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is plenty of prime agricultural land north of Pasir Labia Camp and the areas around the westernmost reservoirs. I was a NS slave and I witnessed the lush virgin forests there. :cool:

pulau ubin and some islands around are also candidates, but the cheebye pap probably earmark those for lucrative housing for the elites