• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

millions of barbaric chinese laugh at japanese tragedy

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quake sparks war of words on Net
Netizens revelling in Japan's disaster taken to task by others calling for show of compassion
p28a.jpg

By Ho Ai Li , CHINA CORRESPONDENT
Patients lying on the floor of a hospital in Ishinomaki, northern Japan, on Wednesday. Insensitive comments by Chinese netizens on the earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan last Friday underline how Japan's invasion of China during World War II, and other recent bilateral spats, still rankle some Chinese. -- PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS

BEIJING: A war of words has broken out on Chinese Internet forums between those gloating over the quake and tsunami that hit Japan last Friday and others calling for more compassion.

Some Chinese have posted messages online to 'warmly welcome' the disaster that has befallen the Japanese: 'Let's celebrate a certain country's 9.0,' one wrote.

'Japan should have been sunk long ago. The quake's too light, the tsunami's too small. It would be good if they had toppled the damned Yasukuni Shrine,' wrote another, in reference to the shrine that is a symbol of Japanese militarism and wartime atrocities for many Chinese.

Type the words for 'warmly welcome' - re lie huan ying - on Chinese search engine Baidu and the words for 'Japan earthquake' pop up instantly.

But Chinese netizens of a more empathetic bent have been swift to condemn these offensive comments.

One wrote: 'We're all humans. Another country has a disaster and you guys are celebrating? Shameful!'

Said another: 'When China had an earthquake, the whole of Japan donated money. Now Japan has a quake, all you guys are celebrating... Patriotism doesn't mean we extinguish our conscience.'

Many have also offered prayers for the victims in Japan. Top Chinese leaders have extended their condolences, with Premier Wen Jiabao making it a point to convey his deep sympathy to Japanese reporters at a press conference with local and foreign media on Monday.

Still, the insensitive comments underline how Japan's invasion of China during World War II, as well as more recent bilateral spats, continue to rankle with many Chinese.

Last September, relations between Beijing and Tokyo hit a low after a collision between a Chinese fishing boat and a Japanese patrol boat in the waters near disputed islets known as Diaoyu in China and Senkaku in Japan.

Overall though, observers say they have been pleasantly surprised by how messages of support for Japan have outnumbered incendiary ones, even though Chinese public sentiment had previously been largely hostile towards Japan.

'This time round, the Chinese public are behaving in a way more worthy of how citizens of a big country should behave,' said Professor Zhou Yongsheng of the China Foreign Affairs University.

That some still express hatred towards the Japanese is something that cannot be helped, said Prof Zhou, a Sino-Japanese relations expert. 'China is such a big country, there are all kinds of people.'

Businessman Ma Youliang, 54, who shuttles between China and Japan for work, also believes those expressing callous comments are in the minority.

'I feel these people are very ignorant. They are probably teens who hang out at Internet cafes. People who are more cultured won't say such things,' said Mr Ma, who runs a trading firm.

The country's media has also urged the Chinese to show sympathy and to take a leaf from the orderly behaviour of the Japanese in the face of crisis.

[email protected]

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
just like those fucking christians blaming on athiesm or gayism or lesbiamism whenever disasters strikes,,,,,,,,,,

Japan,,,,,,,,, please read those fucking christians write in the net,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

kan

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The US military is being accused of cynically using Operation Tomodachi as justification for keeping its bases in Okinawa.

An article in Okinawan rag Ryukyu Shimpo presents a lengthy critique of the US military’s involvement in ongoing relief efforts in northern Japan, accusing them of using their humanitarian operations to generate positive PR for their presence in Japan, and more specifically their maintenance of the especially controversial Futenma air base in Okinawa.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110317-00000010-ryu-oki

Over 5,000 of their countrymen are dead and they publish an article criticizing the relief effort!

everything is politics.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking Chinese Bastards from China! :oIo::oIo:

They better pray that they don't encounter any natural disasters anymore. If not, for every one that occurs, I will pop 1 bottle of champagne to celebrate. :mad:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
are you chinese? do you have grand uncle who was beheaded by the jap during WW2? shut the fcuk up! the jap are the most hypocritical being i have ever know on earth, i am not slamming them cos' of the earthquake but why slam your own chinese roots when you not know anything about history!!!

your grandfathers or fathers probably working for the jap during WW2???:rolleyes::biggrin::p sound familiar, tio bor?

Fucking Chinese Bastards from China! :oIo::oIo:

They better pray that they don't encounter any natural disasters anymore. If not, for every one that occurs, I will pop 1 bottle of champagne to celebrate. :mad:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, after seeing the China netizens' behaviour... i have decided once and for all to dissociate myself from the China Chinese. Too many disgusting things they do lah... eat dog meat, make fake rice, fake noodles, fake meat... at least selling fake Rolex is more acceptable

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
are you chinese? do you have grand uncle who was beheaded by the jap during WW2? shut the fcuk up! the jap are the most hypocritical being i have ever know on earth, i am not slamming them cos' of the earthquake but why slam your own chinese roots when you not know anything about history!!!

your grandfathers or fathers probably working for the jap during WW2???:rolleyes::biggrin::p sound familiar, tio bor?

They should have chopped off your grandfather's head instead of the your granduncle's.

Then we will waste less bandwidth here, reading your shit.

Tio:biggrin::biggrin: bo

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal

No applicable lah...WW2 was such a terrible mistake by the ones who started it and those who were slaughtered by it. If you talk about history, KMT chief Jiang JieShi gave up compensation from Japan to please the Americans, and concentrate on fighting the "cancer of the organs" (he famously remarked that the Japanese imperial army is cancer of the skin, while the communist are the cancer of the organs").

There are really no victors in WW2, Japan lost with heavy casualties, while KMT China won with even heavier casualties. The hatred for Japanese in PR China is no doubt up-play delibrately to divert attention, and not forgetting that the CCP owed much of their success to the Japanese invasion. I pain as much as any Chinese to read about the Nanking massacre, but really what has it to do with the modern generations?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking Chinese Bastards from China!

see link - http://www.unitedatheistfront.com/GodBlessAmerica.jpg

cheebye white shit saying japan disasters karma for pearl harbor?

so for every USA disasters that occur, you will pop 1 bottle of champagne to celebrate. right? no double standards? :(

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
not really, the cheenas who belong to the same generation as i am, has not held anything against the jap. many at least are driving jap made cars in china, but i always remember i wept after wtaching the rape of nanking.:o

The china CIna still remember "japanese occupation".

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you talk about history, KMT chief Jiang JieShi gave up compensation from Japan to please the Americans, and concentrate on fighting the "cancer of the organs" (he famously remarked that the Japanese imperial army is cancer of the skin, while the communist are the cancer of the organs").

KMT and Chiang Kai Shek gave up Japan ww2 compensation in 1950s in return for diplomatic recognition. KMT actions don't matter at all as Japan would not give any war compensations to the Republic of China in Taiwan.

People's Republic of China officially gave up Japan ww2 compensation in return for diplomatic recognition in 1972. The peoples of China should blame CCP, not KMT on this issue.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal

You want to talk about the past and history, go to the library. :mad:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should have chopped off your grandfather's head instead of the your granduncle's.

Then we will waste less bandwidth here, reading your shit.

Tio:biggrin::biggrin: bo

This is one statement that I would support.

some links should have been severed long time ago.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You ancestors head were chopped when the Mogol invaded China, you ancestor heads were chopped when the Manchu invaded China, the killings could be much worst that that of Japanese invasion.

Qing dynasty and Qing emperors, saying that Qing empeors were good towards the Han Chinese and regarded the Han Chinese as their brothers and sisters were bullshit. In fact, however, in history, the Manchu rulers massacred the Han Chinese, as the ten day massacre of Yangzhou city and three times of massacre of Jianding people show. Their brutalities were as cruel as the Nanking Massacre of 1937.

So how? Are you not going hate the Manchu and the Mongol as well? Aren't your ancestor part of your family line?

What about those of your distance relatives that were tortured and maybe killed by the KMT and the CCP during the civil war?

What was history is history. If you want to find someone to blame, blame the individual that committed the crime and not be an idiot blaming the entire race and worst, the latter generation who weren't even born yet!

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
KMT and Chiang Kai Shek gave up Japan ww2 compensation in 1950s in return for diplomatic recognition. KMT actions don't matter at all as Japan would not give any war compensations to the Republic of China in Taiwan.

People's Republic of China officially gave up Japan ww2 compensation in return for diplomatic recognition in 1972. The peoples of China should blame CCP, not KMT on this issue.
PRC good at playing hypocrites. They kpkb about Japanese so much but if a Japanese MNC sets up in China, you will probably see 2,000,000 applications for 2000 jobs. :biggrin: