• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Migrating from SIM to nano SIM

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got my new phone & trying to figure out if there is painless method to migrate all the old tel numbers on the old SIM card to the newer nano SIM :confused:

If both phones were using the same SIM size it would be easy to port the numbers but they are different. Any one have any helpful suggestions:confused:
Should I try to get a SIM card cloner? Are they available in Spore?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got my new phone & trying to figure out if there is painless method to migrate all the old tel numbers on the old SIM card to the newer nano SIM :confused:

If both phones were using the same SIM size it would be easy to port the numbers but they are different. Any one have any helpful suggestions:confused:

you can cut it down to size. of course, not with scissors.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The shop you bought it from should be able to clone the SIM for you FOC.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
boss, you are so outdated... they have a cutter that can scrimp to the size of a nano, and if you need your normal sim card back, they have a plastic adapter that will do the trick.:rolleyes:

The shop you bought it from should be able to clone the SIM for you FOC.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
boss, you are so outdated... they have a cutter that can scrimp to the size of a nano, and if you need your normal sim card back, they have a plastic adapter that will do the trick.:rolleyes:

Why trim an old SIM card when they can simply transfer all your contacts to the new card in less than 20 seconds at no cost whatsoever? :rolleyes:

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have to pay for the new sim card, registration cost you another SGD$30 with local telcos. card trimming is free...:rolleyes:

Why trim an old SIM card when they can simply transfer all your contacts to the new card in less than 20 seconds at no cost whatsoever? :rolleyes:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do u actually store ur contacts in Sim? what happen if you loss your phone?
why dont u store your contacts in google and you can migrate your contacts to your new phone at any point of time?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
puki lah..............keep changing the size for what ?!:mad:

those bastards always itchy backside................change this and that.............always for the worse...........

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do u actually store ur contacts in Sim? what happen if you loss your phone?
why dont u store your contacts in google and you can migrate your contacts to your new phone at any point of time?

My old phone was 10+ years old. Back then phones were simpler without internet access. Even today the problem is with the expensive data plans.

In the past I would have all my telephone numbers backed up in a spare SIM card. Now that I am migrating to a nano SIM card I have to figure out the best way to port all the numbers and still have a backup SIM in case I loose the phone.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My old phone was 10+ years old. Back then phones were simpler without internet access. Even today the problem is with the expensive data plans.

In the past I would have all my telephone numbers backed up in a spare SIM card. Now that I am migrating to a nano SIM card I have to figure out the best way to port all the numbers and still have a backup SIM in case I loose the phone.

simple lah, you can write your numbers and names in 555 pocket book.

i saw an uncle who did not know how to store number in the phone and he took out 555 pocket book and sms :smile:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the old days when we used to dial number by finger we remembered all phone numbers by heart

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
simple lah, you can write your numbers and names in 555 pocket book.

i saw an uncle who did not know how to store number in the phone and he took out 555 pocket book and sms :smile:
when i changed to my new android phone and using same sim card, all my contacts and even bookmarks were already there.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only the iPhone 5 upwards and another brand use nano sims. Anyway they are truly tiny try not to change sims when you are outside in the open to avoid losing the SIM

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I can think of a few reasons why people might want to retain their original SIM format. Those who own several phones may want to retain card compatibility.
I myself used to have at least 2 phones when I travelled. A Spore card & a card that was local to the country I was travelling in.