• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mid-Life Crisis

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
U guys are missing the point if u think having sex is the solution to getting past a mid life crisis.

A mid life crisis is when u realized u not getting younger anymore n many things which u may do when younger is not really applicable liao. Such as playing arcade games. Quite rare and odd to see a 50year old man doing Parapara dance at arcade right?

I will say go travel around the world. Go Europe with a buddy, or maybe the missus!

I think some of the guys here are not saying that sex is the answer. Its just a phase that you go thru to come full circle, very much that the clubbing/disco phase everyone goes thru when they were much younger. One day you're gonna say to yourself "that's it" and you never go back to it again.

Yes I did bought a PSP and dumped it just after 3 days. I still wanna finish building that plastic model plane before my eyes failed me. However a mid life crisis is more than just realising that u are not getting younger anymore n many things which u may do when younger is not really applicable. Its a universal phenomenon that's really weird. Not everyone goes thru it but those that goes thru it all feel the same way, which is totally illogical. You can see it from the postings here and "American Beauty" was a box office hit because men worldwide could relate to that.

Farking strange man.........

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me share with you, that you are not alone. But I advanced too much for my age.

Maybe you should ask yourself what will be the benefits of the current projects at work. If you see them as wayang initiated by management, so that management can report that they are doing something, then I can relate to that. Whenever such project springs up from three legged wayangs, I felt very frustrated spending my time being busy over nothing.

Maybe, you should consider getting some young and worthy junior staff to be involved and develop them. It is fullfilling to develop people, impart knowledge and experiences, and see them improve and be happy. That may be a benefit and motivation to make a project a success. Give them OJT.

Don't talk about fame or reputation gained if the project is successful. In the end, all of us turn to white powder.

I was fortunate in my career in a big MNC, was at the decision making level at a relatively young age. Involved in the varied business segments and been to many places, and by virtue of the reputation of the MNC, was able to meet with ppl of varied levels, both dipomats and as well as commercial businessmen of various nations. Most of my time were spent travelling and then stationed overseas from this end to the other end.

Then on one fateful saturday in a certain foreign country; My collegue and I was just wandering aimlessly on the city streets. Both of us was trying to find some activities or food etc. to motivate ourselves, amuse ourselves, and keep us occupied. Then we realized there was none that interest us then. We had too much of everything and there was nothing that both of us was yearning for....we felt empty and aimless.

Too much sex, ktvs, abalone, exotic food etc. These are suppose to be part of the enjoyments that life has to offer. But yet, both of us find them bland....at that point in time....that feeling was scary when nothing can motivate you.

I realized that I was burnt out.... I went to the nine gourges to spend quite time with nature.

My mom died at hotspice many years ago. And the Foreign Burmese nurses were very dedicated and professional in taking care of the patients. Those were the real good talents, carefully selected. Their tender loving care brought a lot of consolation to the family members of the dying. I began to appreciate the unsung professions that made more contributions to humanity then, endless meetings, big sound strategic plannings, egoistic and wayang arguments in meetings, office politics, people busy chunning out big sounding reports, and presentations in big board rooms. Office workers busy in their cubicles in the various stone cold nice looking office towers.

For myself, I have decided to teach the under privilage after I retire, maybe in nepal or in some no man's land where it matters most. Which I envision, will be fullfilling to my soul while enriching others.

In simple terms, bringing a smile and comfort to another person is an enriching experience. But be careful not to be suckered:biggrin:

Hope you don't mind the length of this reply and find something in my post useful to help you along.

I think some of the guys here are not saying that sex is the answer. Its just a phase that you go thru to come full circle, very much that the clubbing/disco phase everyone goes thru when they were much younger. One day you're gonna say to yourself "that's it" and you never go back to it again.

Yes I did bought a PSP and dumped it just after 3 days. I still wanna finish building that plastic model plane before my eyes failed me. However a mid life crisis is more than just realising that u are not getting younger anymore n many things which u may do when younger is not really applicable. Its a universal phenomenon that's really weird. Not everyone goes thru it but those that goes thru it all feel the same way, which is totally illogical. You can see it from the postings here and "American Beauty" was a box office hit because men worldwide could relate to that.

Farking strange man.........

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
And since your thread seems like a geniune personal issue, before I hit the hay; Get the friging plastic model airplane and get it done. Live with no regrets or remose, for we do not know when will be our last day.....wait kana falling tree branch or hit by another foreign worker's lorry or foreign diplomats car etc.:(

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I feel like a zombie at times. Other times I would just drift into space. What the fark is going on.........

Your problem is common but simple to resolve. All you need to do is :

1) Set yourself some goals.
2) Take concrete steps to achieve what you set out to do.
3) Enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done.
4) Back to step 1).

Everyone goes through what you're experiencing now. I had my episode in my late 20s.

The goals I set myself were :

1) Be self employed
2) Achieve financial independence.
3) Get the hell out of Sinkieland.

These were the big ones. My goals nowadays are not so life changing and involve my hobbies and fitness levels rather than financial targets.

Examples :

1) Compile a photographic essay of the suburb I live in.
2) Win my age group at the upcoming mountain bike race in Rotorua.
3) Master photoshop CS4 and improve my HDR skills
4) Upgrade this forum to vbulletin 4.

Once you have a reason to wake up every morning, you'll be very much happier.

PS: Keep away from young chicks. All they'll do is screw your life even further. I've seen to many of my friends make a real mess of their otherwise perfect lives for the sake of pussy.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's time to start keeping a young + super hot mistress or two. I'm not talking about students from china who need just S$1,500 a month. I'm talking about local SMU/NTU/NUS girls who need a sugar daddy for their college education + material obsessions. Believe me local college students are surprisingly wild in bed and much more satisfying compared to the bei-gus.

The money you need to do that will motivate you give your best and give you a second wind at work. The girls will get to finish college and be given a chance out of the poverty cycle. The guilt will make u an even better husband. The extra sex will provide you the exercise you otherwise would not get. Win Win situation.

bro, sibei hole (excellent) idea! you are suggesting a very intelligent and all-win way to use your money, rather than someone just gamble away.

helping those gals to achieve their higher education goals. they will then contribute to the development of our country. wow, bro, you should be awarded medals in the ndp parade.

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
These were the big ones. My goals nowadays are not so life changing and involve my hobbies and fitness levels rather than financial targets.

Examples :

1) Compile a photographic essay of the suburb I live in.
2) Win my age group at the upcoming mountain bike race in Rotorua.
3) Master photoshop CS4 and improve my HDR skills
4) Upgrade this forum to vbulletin 4.

Once you have a reason to wake up every morning, you'll be very much happier.

samleong's bucket list:eek::biggrin:

how about finding a sucessor for yourself to be this forum's owner.

if not 1 day u suddenly die and all of us cannot log-in then how:biggrin:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
so how you feel after that?

more empty and lost? :biggrin:

Let's just say the clouds are clearing (so you can see further), air is cleaner (so you can take deeper breaths & cast away some petty stuff), surroundings is less clutter (so you can hear more sonically) & the horizon looks nearer (so you can talk less, listen more & enjoy the moment)

Last edited:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree bro.
Firstly, something really bad may result from this.
Secondly, once you see your friends naked and fucking, life will never be the same again.
Then again, maybe I'm a scaredy cat. :(

You have not been thru a Kevin Spacey period, so i dont blame you. Not here to debate or agree/disagree with anyone. Just a life changing experiences which I have personally gone thru & sharing the antidote (though some may disapprove for its vulgarity). Least to say, everyone is entitle to their dark times & trying period & have their own methods & ideas of pulling out from the mire. Mine is this, as shared above.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
samleong's bucket list:eek::biggrin:

how about finding a sucessor for yourself to be this forum's owner.

if not 1 day u suddenly die and all of us cannot log-in then how:biggrin:

That's not my bucket list. Bucket list items are different. Most of mine involve seeing certain places and participating in activities that are not commonplace before I go.

Examples :

1) Experience weightlessness and view planet Earth from outer space
2) Drive a supercar round Silverstone at race pace.
3) Climb that cliff face in Yosemite Park.
4) Visit the North Pole in summer to see the midnight sun.

I don't need a successor. When I die, this forum kicks the bucket too.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I realized it when I just can't pass my IPPT no manner how hard I tried!

Unless you're a spastic (in which case you'd be exempted on medical grounds), there is absolutely no reason why you can't pass a simple IPPT.

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I realized it when I just can't pass my IPPT no manner how hard I tried! RT RT RT RT RT - Waste my time!

can elaborate more. whioch station(s) are your weaknesses?

if its 2.4km and you should go jogging in gym or park lah.

if its chin-up then do some weight training lah

sure can pass de. :smile:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
can elaborate more. whioch station(s) are your weaknesses?

if its 2.4km and you should go jogging in gym or park lah.

if its chin-up then do some weight training lah

sure can pass de. :smile:

Both 2.4 n chin up... When you say jogging and training, they need time to do it! BTW I used to get IPPT Gold every year till I'm too busy to exercise regularly.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Both 2.4 n chin up... When you say jogging and training, they need time to do it! BTW I used to get IPPT Gold every year till I'm too busy to exercise regularly.

I take my dog for a 10 minute walk every morning. The route passes a park where there is a playground with equipment that serves as a chin up bar.

A few years ago, after not having done any chin ups for ages, I decided to give my aging arms a work out. To my horror, I could only do four.

I set myself a target of 20 chin ups in one go to be achieved in a 3 month time frame.

My routine from then on involved stopping at the playground every day for a couple of minutes and doing chin ups. Within 2 weeks, I was at 7.. sometimes 8 if I really struggled.

The goal of 20 was achieved in 3 and a half months. I got to 17 within 2 months. Adding 3 more was the hardest part.

All it takes is 3 minutes a day. Everyone has time. You can create the 3 additional minutes by spending 3 minutes less in this forum.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
ok. then you should stop doing that 'advise' 'advice' thing.

its obsessive behavior. :eek:

I've automated the process as much as possible. I do it to help sinkies make less of a fool of themselves.

You have to remember that this forum can be viewed from around the world. Readership isn't restricted to Singaporeans.

metadata

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I may chip in for some ideas.
As sam has stated one has to have some goal and desires in order to
stay in the competition.
Just like a young boy yearn to go out in the garden catching spider
when he is still in the boring classroom.

In addition it is scientific proof that when one's eye get a substantial
amount of sunlight and some amount of exercise a day would result in
a good and refreshing sleep. A term we call 'recharging' our body when
we go for holiday tour. And why someone would be addicted to golfing,
or just about any sort of outdoor activities.

Companionship is also important, it's really a primitive instinct you see,
as our ancestor would go out hunting in group, enjoyed a day's sunlight
and meals and have a good sleep.

For me I would like to catch that elusive 800 pound bluefin tuna at hawaii
with my good friends sometime, and I would be equally satisfied when I get
the chance to do some unproductive fishing with my friends at kallang river
(but sadly I can do neither as I'm working overseas)

So I've told u the formula friends+outdoor activities, you just have to find
the right combination.