• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

jamesho

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone brought D'pristine? What are the current approved panel banks? did you managed to get 80-85% loan? tks

jamesho

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
D'pristine

anyone brought d'pristine? what are the current approved panel bank? did you managed to get 80-85% loan? tks

xxkiwi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really, can appeal after bank gives the approval in principle? thats good to know, and which bank is more willing to do that.

The rate depends on project and bank ..
And most of the time the rate can appeal after ur loan approve :smile:

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really, can appeal after bank gives the approval in principle? thats good to know, and which bank is more willing to do that.

Well Ocbc sales rm told me the rate can be appeal after loan has been approve.
U shld find an experience sales officer/rm better if u know the branch manager

jasonzq

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone let me know how many banks hv been approved for Meridin@medini? so far i see only ocbc has been approved.

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well HSBC , ocbc Shld be on panel
If u r Msian can get 90% financing
2-3 days ur loan will get approved

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like to check if those who bought Meridin@Medini in May / June got any proper brochures?

I was told the rather insincere "flaps" brochures I got are for the "remainder" buyers.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like to check if those who bought Meridin@Medini in May / June got any proper brochures?

I was told the rather insincere "flaps" brochures I got are for the "remainder" buyers.

Went to Meridin. I feel that the apartments are quite cheaply built.. all using cheap tiles which is pretty disappointing. There was no parquet flooring for the rooms.. so kinda know that there's some corners being cut
The showroom cost of ID is pretty impressive.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to Meridin. I feel that the apartments are quite cheaply built.. all using cheap tiles which is pretty disappointing. There was no parquet flooring for the rooms.. so kinda know that there's some corners being cut
The showroom cost of ID is pretty impressive.

How much is the cost of ID?

Anyway, I notice the majority of Malaysian condos will only come with BTO HDB standards of materials. Even Astaka only gives Sg OCR / mass market type of condo finishes.

Afternote: By "majority", I meant the majority of those I had viewed.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much is the cost of ID?

Anyway, I notice the majority of Malaysian condos will only come with BTO HDB standards of materials. Even Astaka only gives Sg OCR / mass market type of condo finishes.

That's a good observation.. I have seen some pretty impressive developments in KL with marble flooring and hotel class toilets.. only about 1000 psf . Which is pretty great.. it's surprising that Johor is not able to match those standards with the same price.. prices in Johor is matching KL but unfortunately not the standards. Which is pretty strange.. most is either going into the developer pockets or govt coffers.. making the buyers as carrot heads.

Hope that this will improve.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a good observation.. I have seen some pretty impressive developments in KL with marble flooring and hotel class toilets.. only about 1000 psf . Which is pretty great.. it's surprising that Johor is not able to match those standards with the same price.. prices in Johor is matching KL but unfortunately not the standards. Which is pretty strange.. most is either going into the developer pockets or govt coffers.. making the buyers as carrot heads.

Hope that this will improve.

exactly my impression , hence totally never bother with jb condos. and the 6-7 level of multistory parking.. errrrm. i don't like, eh. although i have to say, didn't view the 'classy' ones like astaka, etc. i peek at some ujana photos on iproperty, looks decent quality.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
exactly my impression , hence totally never bother with jb condos. and the 6-7 level of multistory parking.. errrrm. i don't like, eh. although i have to say, didn't view the 'classy' ones like astaka, etc. i peek at some ujana photos on iproperty, looks decent quality.

Astaka quality is pretty good apparently. The quality is pretty ok.. matching or better then Singapore standard from what I can see from the brochure.. however they are pricing it just too high.. all units are huge.
Quantum is pretty hefty.

That's why I feel frustrated with the condo sales development go Johor.. they seem to be short changing the buyers.. it just seems like they know stupid Singaporeans will just snap it up regardless. So not much effort into doing it properly.. even established developers are going this route.

Hopefully it will change as buyers are starting to get more sophisticated and start to demand more by not buying crappy developments. Else we just have ourselves to blame.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

if you look at ujana, you don't expect much as the psf is only $350 and so can only expect decent quality.

compared with other development that I visited, I see hdb standard windows and 3/4 height tiling as well as common floor tiles kind of being used. this is the normal Malaysian standard.

so if you are paying $1000 psf, make sure you open your eyes to see that you are getting an atas development and not some unit that is not even on par with bto.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Astaka quality is pretty good apparently. The quality is pretty ok.. matching or better then Singapore standard from what I can see from the brochure.. however they are pricing it just too high.. all units are huge.
Quantum is pretty hefty.

That's why I feel frustrated with the condo sales development go Johor.. they seem to be short changing the buyers.. it just seems like they know stupid Singaporeans will just snap it up regardless. So not much effort into doing it properly.. even established developers are going this route.

Hopefully it will change as buyers are starting to get more sophisticated and start to demand more by not buying crappy developments. Else we just have ourselves to blame.
majority buyer are malaysians or SPRs except for handful of condos..

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup, Singaporeans are not so stupid after all .

I doubt so. I do see that a lot of Singaporeans buying into the Johor properties.. I don't think that the number of condo's being launched can be absorbed majority by Johor folks.. else this property rush would have happened long ago.

Johor had being in the doldrums for a long time already. The affordability of Johor ppl is not comparable to KL. Unless majority of local buyers are supported by KL folks.. these I don't really see.

Currently my feel is that majority are still Singaporeans or Singaporean PR

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt so. I do see that a lot of Singaporeans buying into the Johor properties.. I don't think that the number of condo's being launched can be absorbed majority by Johor folks.. else this property rush would have happened long ago.

Johor had being in the doldrums for a long time already. The affordability of Johor ppl is not comparable to KL. Unless majority of local buyers are supported by KL folks.. these I don't really see.

Currently my feel is that majority are still Singaporeans or Singaporean PR

SPR are not Singaporeans . Most are Malaysians. Statistics have shown most buyers are Malaysians whether SPR or not. To say "stupid Singaporeans will just snap it up regardless" is untrue and uncalled for.