• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meridin at Medini and Astaka Project in Iskandar - any good?

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, when I signed the bank LO, I discovered that Meridin doesn't offer DIBS.

Oh my! How did I commit to such a purchase without even knowing the exact promotions. :P

So, aside from the RM5k, what else is subsidized?

jasonzq

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh my! How did I commit to such a purchase without even knowing the exact promotions. :P

i think nothing else except the partially furnished they throw in..

jasonzq

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mind to share which bank you took the loan and how many % they offered? so far i has only offered by Hong leong finance at 80%.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think nothing else except the partially furnished they throw in..

My Savills agent informed that I will have to pay these:

- Stamp Duty for Loan
- Disbursement Fee for Loan
- Loan Agreement Fee
(these 3 amount to ~1.8% of loan quantum)

- State Consent Levy = RM14k (kinda high compared to most other solicitors)

So can any buyers confirm Stamp Duty and Disbursement Fee for SPA are subsidized?

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows how Meridin phase 2 is selling? Heard D'Pristine & Medini Signature not really moving, while Iskandar Residences Medini is down to the last few units. Maybe cos of the 99-year vs 129-year leasehold effect...

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. It's just that SP Setia did the exact opposite, and threw me off. :smile:

When I bought from SP Setia I was advised to wait for loan approval before signing SPA for the property that I took a loan. Perhaps it depends on which staff you speak to?

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is anything I learn in these few months of property purchase in M'sia, there is no "usual" in a lot of processes. Anything goes...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's a f*&^ing cowboy country. I won't buy off plans ever again in MY. freaking vomit blood.

The price buyers bought at are locked but the construction costs to the developers are not. Be careful if you sign the SPA end of last year to early this year and the construction has not started. I have this feeling that the developers will start to become real cowboys and buyers become the cattles if their profit margins get squeezed or become negative.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The price buyers bought at are locked but the construction costs to the developers are not. Be careful if you sign the SPA end of last year to early this year and the construction has not started. I have this feeling that the developers will start to become real cowboys and buyers become the cattles if their profit margins get squeezed or become negative.

For 99LH, every year of delay eats into the asset value. Please refer to this news (I also posted in another thread):
http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2013/9/10754/new-house-prices-to-increase-10-

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then hor, ppl will learn wat is dibs when developer run rd.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then hor, ppl will learn wat is dibs when developer run rd.

Once developer runs road, all buyers will die a horrible death :p

A lot of buyers think 99LH in JB is the same as 99LH in Centris or Bedok condos with integrated mall and MRT.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once developer runs road, all buyers will die a horrible death :p

A lot of buyers think 99LH in JB is the same as 99LH in Centris or Bedok condos with integrated mall and MRT.

Buy jb99, rather buy sg99, in bad weather. Tis equation chim to derive.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal

This will be applicable to all constructions that have yet to be completed. There is always a risk that there will be cash flow problem at any stage of construction. Heck, even in Sg we saw this with H2O Residences and the Circle Line.

Thus, I learnt that one major factor in choosing which to invest in is the developer's track record, especially in building residential properties. Even if their sub-con construction, interior or landscaping companies go bust, the developer will try their level best to rectify the situation given the need for them to uphold their reputation.

But this alone is still no guarantee; it just lessens the odd. Bottom line is, the 2 developments discussed in this thread have a lesser chance to be severely affected.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find that in JB, it is safer to buy from big developers that have already bought the land, and have one or two phases already built. They have a stake in ensuring the entire development is built several years down the road, a reputation to protect and a large war chest to ensure things get done.