• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Melvin ordered $500 worth of Shake Shack dinner thru Grab, guess where it was delivered to?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guy orders $500 GrabFood, finds it at Changi Airport rubbish bin​

SEPTEMBER 3, 2022

FunnyUncategorized

On 2 Sep 2022, FB user Melvin Twj shared this story:
On 11 Aug 2022, I made an order worth $500+ of Shake Shack through Grab but my food was not being sent and was found that the food was being disposed by the Grab driver. I contacted Grab for further enquires but Grab refused to refund me.
Here is the story –
On, 11 Aug 2022
I made an order worth of $500+ of Shake Shack using the Grab app at around 4pm. However, the food was not being sent at all even after waiting for about 2 hours.
I decided to contact Grab and apparently I was being told that the Grab driver claimed that he had already delivered the food and has attached a picture to the Grab advisor claiming that the food has already been sent. When I saw the photo, the screenshot of the location was not at the designated area at all.
Later on, we found out that the location that the rider “delivered” the food to was beside a rubbish bin at basement 2 carpark entrance Jewel, Changi Airport.
12 Aug
I chatted with Grab via Chat to check on the progress on this issue. Grab mentioned that they were still checking on this and will get back to me within 24 – 48 hours.
NOTE: Grab even reassured me that a full refund will be made.
15 Aug
Grab called me and the Grab agent further explained that the Grab driver contacted them and told them that he was unable to find the location.
But, the designated location can be easily found using Google Maps. The Grab agent then mentioned that they’ll check again and get back to me.
20 Aug
But after a few days, another Grab advisor called me and told me a different story by stating that the Grab driver was WELL AWARE of the location but instead he was unable to contact me. But the strange thing was that there was no chat history found on my phone at all.
Since the Grab driver did mentioned to Grab that he was able to find the location, I then checked the CCTV around the area in which the security mentioned that there was no sign of any unfamilar vehicle or driver near the designated location.
I am puzzled as to why I was not being informed at all about the whereabouts of my food after waiting for more than 2 hours but the Grab agent claimed that the Grab driver actually tried to contact me.
The Grab agent then advised the Grab driver to either disposed the food or leave it at a safe place. Even after explaining to the Grab agent about this issues, they still reiterate that NO refund will be MADE for this issue.
28 Aug
The Grab duty manager contacted me and this time, he repeatedly told me that the Grab driver was instructed to either place the food at a safe place or to dispose the food. So the Grab driver has decided to DISPOSED the food instead of leaving it at a safe place which is the security guard post and also mentioned that they will not be refunding the money to me.
Since the Grab driver was ABLE to find the location, why didn’t he leave the food with the security at the designated location? And if he decided to disposed the food, why would the Driver made such an effort to head back to Jewel and disposed the food???
The duty manager then mentioned that Grab is unable to refund me yet again the $500 and that he will continue to check further with the rider again.
1 Sept 2022
The Grab duty manager, Ahmad Fakhrurrazi Razi called me again, and he explained that the driver had already spoken to the Grab agent and the Grab agent actually suggested to dispose the item AT FIRST. However, driver raised a concern claiming that the food was of a high value which the Grab agent then suggested to leave the food at the security guard post. The driver then raised another concern stating that he was afraid that the food will be stolen at the security guard post.
Hence, the Grab agent suggested that if there were no safe place around the location, dispose the items. The Grab driver then draw a conclusion that since there was NO safe place around the location, he decided to dispose the food which is worth an amount of $500+.
So the question remains
– Is the security guard post not deemed as a safe place?
– Is the security guard post not considered a safe place even when there were security there?
– Why would the driver made such a trip to the rubbish bin at basement 2 carpark entrance Jewel, Changi Airport just to dispose the food?
– Why did the Grab driver claimed that he arrived at the designated location but chooses not to deliver the food?
– Since The Grab agent told me that the Grab driver arrived at the location, why was i not informed and the CCTV did not captured anyone unfamiliar?
– Why did the Grab driver did not tried to approach the security and leave the food there instead of making down to rubbish bin at basement 2 carpark entrance Jewel, Changi Airport just to dispose the food?
– Since the Grab driver was well aware that the food was at a high value, what makes him think that he should dispose the food at rubbish bin at basement 2 carpark entrance Jewel, Changi Airport?
– The Grab agent initially reassured me that a full refund will be made but when another Grab agent did a follow up about this issue, they told me that NO refund will be made?
We have tried all ways to contact with different agents but the issue still can’t be resolved. Therefore I’m posting this on Facebook to gain more awareness on this situation.
Also, I paid with grab wallet do you think will accept the fact that the driver disposed my food like that????? WTF!!!! What if i used cash on delivery instead do you think the driver will just dispose the food like that????? Just because it’s not the driver’s own money he can just simply dispose other people’s food. It’s straight up unprofessional, irresponsible and messed up!!!!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
For such high value food. He depend on Grab electric bike?? This is a joke. On the other hand how could it not possible to phone call the owner? Not whatsapp

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of these people just like to blame others when Its their fault their phones are not answered.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some intentionally give inaccurate address. eg. unit 11-322B unit number. thats what my neighbour did. they also intentionally cover their unit number.

Bacccarat

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN

As usual, all these call centres used their standard, repeated, double repeated, triple repeated, templates to reply.

So simple, just amend the name only.

A Pri 3 student can do it too.

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
He completely skipped the part where the driver contact him. There is no way you will just throw this amount of food away without any calls. This is a fishy customer

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morale of the story is buy your own fucking food.
Even if you were to finally get to eat the food, it will not be tasty anymore. Eat until so cham .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sumtimes food too much for bike pouch to carry, sumtimes address is bogus. our resident delivery man will know.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just find the option for grab to dispose the food rather disturbing.
Can't they bring back to eat ? Why must throw ?