• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meeting at Speaker's Corner 18 Oct, 6-7 pm

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly but true, even some PAP MPs are irresponsible bastards. Thanks goodness most of them are gone !! Especially that MP who was a Dr. at KK Hospital, can't remember his f88ked name.

These toadies made assumptions and forced their assumed opinions on the grassroots. To make matter worst, the grassroots are also fighting internally. The whole damned thing about RC, CCC, and other f88ked Cs are to help the residents but in the end, these f88kers are fighting for PBM and BBM. Of course, majority of these businessmen grassroots are there to get favors and priority information/treatment from any tenders/projects through "mutual understanding", or "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" or guanxi from their MPs.

No favors for grassroots from MPs as mentioned by LKY and LHL ?? PLEASE, DUN GIVE ME THOSE CRAPS !!!

I really had a good laugh reading your post. You were so spot on in your intuition. Guess nobody can ever sell you a bottle of snake oil.:p

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Petition #4 - Review Complaint Handling Process
This Petition is addressed to the chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore and ask MAS to review the complaint handling process. Specifically, it ask:

1. That the Monetary Authority of Singapore appoints or sets up an independent unit to receive the complaints and to provide assistance to the complainants to write their statement.

2. That the Monetary Authority of Singapore encourage the financial institutions to adopt a collective approach in offering fair compensation to investors who have been misled into investing in these unsuitable investments, according to the category that the investors fall under. These categories could, for example, be determined by the manner in which the investors were advised or approached by the sales representative, or the alleged mis-information given to the investors.

You can click here to read the full Petition and sign it, if you agree with it:

http://www.petitiononline.com/PRCHP1/petition.html
Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 8:41 AM

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Petition #4 - Review Complaint Handling Process
This Petition is addressed to the chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore and ask MAS to review the complaint handling process. Specifically, it ask:

Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 8:41 AM

"All investors in the DBS High Notes 5, Lehman Minibond and Jubilee Series programmes who feel they were mis-sold the product will have their complaints looked into, said the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)." Have faith in the government of Singapore! What is TKL trying to do? It can be viewed as acts of sedition.

Mr. Heng Swee Keat is overseeing all in Singapore and the world for monetary and financial services of Singapore!

Z

Zombie

2. That the Monetary Authority of Singapore encourage the financial institutions to adopt a collective approach in offering fair compensation to investors who have been misled into investing in these unsuitable investments, according to the category that the investors fall under.

You want collective approach.
And you want to compensate the misled ones.
And you want it to be fair.

Every individual case is different, even if you categorised them.

Collective approach means you are not going to scrutinise every individuals to prove beyond doubt the extent of misleading, and to vary compensation based on the actual event.

There must be people who were not misled and yet jump into the bandwagon to try their luck. So how the hell can you adopt the collective approach to compensate just the misled ones? How the hell is that fair?

Isn't this an anyhow check and anyhow balance approach, by TKL who anyhow blame?

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly but true, even some PAP MPs are irresponsible bastards. Thanks goodness most of them are gone !! Especially that MP who was a Dr. at KK Hospital, can't remember his f88ked name.

These toadies made assumptions and forced their assumed opinions on the grassroots. To make matter worst, the grassroots are also fighting internally. The whole damned thing about RC, CCC, and other f88ked Cs are to help the residents but in the end, these f88kers are fighting for PBM and BBM. Of course, majority of these businessmen grassroots are there to get favors and priority information/treatment from any tenders/projects through "mutual understanding", or "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" or guanxi from their MPs.

No favors for grassroots from MPs as mentioned by LKY and LHL ?? PLEASE, DUN GIVE ME THOSE CRAPS !!!

In all my years, I've yet to meet a single grassroots member knocking on my door to find out if there are any issues that I wish to raise with the MP or see them walking around to check on the environment within their zone. But I sure do see them on Mondays hanging around meet the people sessions shooting the breeze and acting like the peasants ought to bow before them. At other times you'll find them having beer with the businessmen and proprietors of HDB rented premises. I'm sure they don't have to pay for their drinks. Wonder if they get friendly loans or not. And it was mentioned that grassroots leaders bring in the votes!

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
"All investors in the DBS High Notes 5, Lehman Minibond and Jubilee Series programmes who feel they were mis-sold the product will have their complaints looked into, said the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)." Have faith in the government of Singapore! What is TKL trying to do? It can be viewed as acts of sedition.

Mr. Heng Swee Keat is overseeing all in Singapore and the world for monetary and financial services of Singapore!

I think the banks will eventually compensate most investors. They are doing so by minimizing their loss: First by age,then by people who don't understand financial jargon.
by doing that,people who fake ignorance and invested will be scanned by them and eventually get no compensation.
Ironically, similar to certain MNCs retrenching people in small groups quarterly so that they don't make headlines in the news if they chose to mass layoff.This has been happening as far as i know.:(

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
JW5,

If you are seriously helping GMS to be a good, credible, and capable opposition in the parliament, I believe forum as such might be a platform to begin with. At least, forums as such are more "forgiving" and you could walk away from any barbs if you said anything incorrect, half truth, or nonsensical.

However, if PAP propaganda machine like The Shitty Times reports whatever GMS said in the Parliament, it will be more daunting. Look at the Dr. Chee during his amateur stage on TV. All the propaganda machines choose to shield the bad light on him, and we have morons believing in the media. Which, I still see moron calling Chee a loudhailer and megalomaniac !!

These opinions are mine and stood to be corrected.

GMS
After observing your posts for some time in both forums, I think that you will be quite a good opposition MP. Please spend your time and efforts to try and get into parliament the next time. Also focus and make your views known on issues that affect Singaporeans and try to lobby on behalf of these people in the years leading up to the next elections.
There's no point in getting into online entanglements with certain people. Occasionally they do make some valid points and even if they don't, it sometimes doesn't reflect too well on you either.
I'm convinced that getting more thinking and capable people into parliament is the only way to move Singapore forward and improve the lives of Singaporeans. (not foreigners)

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
All investors in credit linked securities are invited to attend. There will be two short speeches by Tan Kin Lian (in English) and another speaker (in Mandarin).

Tan Kin Lian will also speak on how three laws could have been breached:
> Securities and Futures Act
> Finaancial Advisers Act
> Trustees Act

The investors can meet with other investors in similar situations.

http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2008/10/meeting-at-speakers-corner-18-oct-6-7.html

HAHA... Good. BERY GOOD. VOTE FOR PAP FOR MORE GOOD YEARS. LOL... GOOD GOOD. CARRY ON VOTING FOR A FASCIST PARTY.

JUST DON'T CRY LIKE BABY HOR, THOSE AH MA AH GONG, OLD UNCLE OLD AUNTIES. THEY THINK PAP GAHMEN IS GOD SEND RIGHT? JUST DON'T CRY LIKE BABY IF THE PAP GAHMEN FAIL TO TAKE CARE OF THIS SITUATION.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I saw the front page of Shitty Times, one two weeks ago, a old grandma, teary eyes close up photo, huge size... Crying over the lang jiao brother minibond investment. I feel kind of shiok. That photo just put a smile on my face.

These old folks, most of them just love to praise and defend the PAP gahmen. Would they and many more sporeans wake up their ideas, and see clearly this PAP gahmen is one incompetent fuck up gahmen? I hope so.

Last edited:

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Interviews with Financial Institutions
Many investors have reported unsatisfactory experiences when they attend the interviews called by the financial institutions. I suggest that they write to the independent "well regarded" persons appointed by the financial institution.

As you do not have the address of these persons, you can write to their specific name (i.e Mr. Gerard Ee, Mr. Law Song Keng or Mr. Hwang Soo Jin, c/o the Monetary Authority of Singapore).

If you attend an interview, as a fellow investor to attend with you. In turn, you can accompany the interview with the fellow investors.

This is unsatisfactory, but it is MAS way. Let us follow it as best as we can.
Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 9:57 PM

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday, October 26, 2008
It will be handled 'fairly'
XI'AN (China) - SINGAPOREANS aggrieved by their investment in Lehman Minibonds and DBS High Notes 5 will have their complaints handled 'fairly and properly', Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong assured on Sunday in his first remarks on the issue. He said it was understandable that some investors had reacted emotionally as they lost their money in a sudden and unexpected manner, while others felt that the risks had not been adequately explained to them.

But ultimately, the banks do realise that it is in their interest to resolve the matter quickly and not let it drag on, he told reporters in the western Chinese city of Xi'an where he wrapped up his five-day visit to China.

'The banks have what they call reputational risk,' said PM Lee. 'In other words, if you do the right thing, your customers will remember you for a long time.
'If you do the wrong thing, customers and potential customers will remember you for a long time. The banks and financial institutions know this and have every interest in sorting this out expeditiously and fairly.'

In Singapore, about 10,000 retail investors have invested over $500 million into structured products linked to now-bankrupt Lehman Brothers. DBS Bank, Hong Leong Finance and Maybank said last week that they would look into complaints and fast-track vulnerable cases, prompting some investors to worry that they would be left out.

The Prime Minister repeatedly stressed the notion of fairness during his lengthy remarks on the issue yesterday, and added that instances of mis-selling would be investigated.

Mis-selling, at its simplest, means giving the wrong advice to potential investors. Beyond that, it can also mean a failure to help clients diversify their assets, non-disclosure of risks or not completing a proper fact-find to ensure the product being sold suits the customer.

Said PM Lee: 'Where there has been mis-selling, it has to be put right.

'Where there has been less than professional behaviour by the relationship managers, or where things don't measure up to the standards that the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) expects when you promote the financial products, then the banks have to do the right thing.'

The MAS said on Friday that it would look into complaints of mis-selling, and added that an imminent review of the structured products industry would address such issues as better descriptions and labelling of products, as well as more professionally trained relationship managers.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_295167.html

COMMENT
It is encouraging for the Prime Minister to emphasise on fairness. I hope that fairness has to be seen in the eyes of the aggrieved person. It will be difficult for the aggrieved person to feel that he (or she) has been fairly treated, unless the matter is settled through mutual agreement or by a fair, independent adjudication.

Some businesses hold the view that there are 4 million customers and if a few of them gets angry, there are other customers for them to tap. They also think that customers have short memories.

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday, October 26, 2008
It will be handled 'fairly'
XI'AN (China) - SINGAPOREANS aggrieved by their investment in Lehman Minibonds and DBS High Notes 5 will have their complaints handled 'fairly and properly', Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong assured on Sunday in his first remarks on the issue. He said it was understandable that some investors had reacted emotionally as they lost their money in a sudden and unexpected manner, while others felt that the risks had not been adequately explained to them.

But ultimately, the banks do realise that it is in their interest to resolve the matter quickly and not let it drag on, he told reporters in the western Chinese city of Xi'an where he wrapped up his five-day visit to China.

'The banks have what they call reputational risk,' said PM Lee. 'In other words, if you do the right thing, your customers will remember you for a long time.
'If you do the wrong thing, customers and potential customers will remember you for a long time. The banks and financial institutions know this and have every interest in sorting this out expeditiously and fairly.'

In Singapore, about 10,000 retail investors have invested over $500 million into structured products linked to now-bankrupt Lehman Brothers. DBS Bank, Hong Leong Finance and Maybank said last week that they would look into complaints and fast-track vulnerable cases, prompting some investors to worry that they would be left out.

The Prime Minister repeatedly stressed the notion of fairness during his lengthy remarks on the issue yesterday, and added that instances of mis-selling would be investigated.

Mis-selling, at its simplest, means giving the wrong advice to potential investors. Beyond that, it can also mean a failure to help clients diversify their assets, non-disclosure of risks or not completing a proper fact-find to ensure the product being sold suits the customer.

Said PM Lee: 'Where there has been mis-selling, it has to be put right.

'Where there has been less than professional behaviour by the relationship managers, or where things don't measure up to the standards that the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) expects when you promote the financial products, then the banks have to do the right thing.'

The MAS said on Friday that it would look into complaints of mis-selling, and added that an imminent review of the structured products industry would address such issues as better descriptions and labelling of products, as well as more professionally trained relationship managers.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_295167.html

COMMENT
It is encouraging for the Prime Minister to emphasise on fairness. I hope that fairness has to be seen in the eyes of the aggrieved person. It will be difficult for the aggrieved person to feel that he (or she) has been fairly treated, unless the matter is settled through mutual agreement or by a fair, independent adjudication.

Some businesses hold the view that there are 4 million customers and if a few of them gets angry, there are other customers for them to tap. They also think that customers have short memories.

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Complaint Form
Several investors have asked me for the complaint form. I will make them available at Speaker's Corner on Saturdays 5 to 7 pm, over the next few weeks.

Please come to collect the form there and also to meet other investors in your group (based on distributor). You can get assistance from the other investors.

I urge all investors to seek assistance from the other investors in your group. Please do not approach me on your individual cases, as I am not able to handle so many people. Be considerate for my health.

If you are not sure about how to present your statement, you can see a lawyer to write a statutory declaration and pay a fee of $120. It may be worth spending.
Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 10:29 PM

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monday, October 27, 2008
Call to MAS - pass general guideline for compenstion
Comment posted in my blog

The only solution of this SAGA is to ask MAS pass the message down to ALL distributors to set general guideline for compensation.those are not happy can continue to take legal action later.Some buy from broker firms, the firms can argue that we send the brochure to you and you can decide not to buy. firms are only the distributer.We , singaporean always have this in mind, the FI dares to send such brochure to customers,the product must have been approved by MAS and safe. The product advertisement on newspaper is so BIG. It should be safe , espectially ,series by series continously, it should be safe.
Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 6:37 AM

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monday, October 27, 2008
CLSA Asks 500 Staff to Take Pay Cuts of Up to 25%
Oct. 27 (Bloomberg) -- CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets, the regional brokerage unit of Credit Agricole SA, asked 500 senior bankers and executives to accept pay cuts of as much as 25 percent next year to avoid getting rid of jobs.

The voluntary salary reduction program that was proposed for one-third of the staff last week would reduce basic pay by 15 percent to 25 percent starting in January, according to Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Slone. The participating employees would be paid the salary they forgo and may also receive a bonus payment when profit meets certain targets, he said.

``We think it's the right way to keep our team intact, maintain client service and allow us to expand our offering during a difficult time,'' Slone said in an interview. ``We face challenges like this crisis as a team and when conditions turn, we all share in the benefits as well.''

COMMENT BY TAN KIN LIAN:
This is an excellent way to deal with the recession. It is different from the American approach of retrenching employees.
Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 6:24 PM

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monday, October 27, 2008
Biggest loss in the the structured products
I met a couple at Speakers' Corner on 25 October. They invested a total of $1,775,000 in Jubilee Notes 3, Minibonds 3, Pinnacles 3 and 6. The investments were made in their personal name and in their company's name during February to June 2007.

They asked me to look into their faces. Were they greedy people? Were they people willing to take risk?

I felt so sorry to learn about their devastating loss. I told them that I will try my best ot help them to recover some of their loss.
Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 6:51 PM

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monday, October 27, 2008
Collapse of the global financial system
The global financial system has collapsed. This has been acknowledged by the leaders of Asia and Europe at their meeting in Beijing. In their statement after the meeting, they pledged to rebuild the global financial system. President Zarkosky of France is providing the leadership.

The pillars of the collapsed system are:

> free market
> minimal regulation
> excessive leverage
> financial engineering
> non-regulated derivatives and swaps
> excessive reliance on private capital
> unsound banking system
> excessive rewards for corporate leaders

What will the new global financial system be based on? The leaders did not provide sufficient details. We must be ready to think of a new paradigm.
Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 6:07 PM

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Town Council invest in Minibond
Mr Tan,

Even Town Council use the resident sink fund to invest in Minibond , sorry can't tell you the name of the TC.

Invest around 300k, ....... many more MCST too have invest in it, So just simply write off public fund, it is legal?

Hope more people can surface more related info, to add on the pressure.

Eric
Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 1:08 AM

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Town Council invest in Minibond
Mr Tan,

Even Town Council use the resident sink fund to invest in Minibond , sorry can't tell you the name of the TC.

Invest around 300k, ....... many more MCST too have invest in it, So just simply write off public fund, it is legal?

Hope more people can surface more related info, to add on the pressure.

Eric
Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 1:08 AM

wah tan kin lian expose this kind of thing, wan t to run for election si boh