• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meek SGs Forced to Pay $250 for 4 Durians then Complain in STOMP

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]NEWS: Sellers surround us when we refuse to pay $250 for 4 durians[/h]
15 Jul 2012

Sellers surround us when we refuse to pay $250 for durians

STOMPer Adeline claims a durian seller at Sims Avenue charged her $250 for 4 durians when he had quoted her $25 for 4 durians initially. When she refused to pay, her group was surrounded by durian sellers who did not allow them to leave.

She elaborates:

"My friend and I went to buy some durians on Saturday night at Sims Avenue.

"The durian seller introduced some durians to us and mentioned that they were '4粒25' (which means 4 durians for $25).

"Since the price was acceptable, we asked the seller to open 4 durians for us. However, when we made our payment, the seller said that the durians cost 4 for $250 not 4 for $25.

"We were shocked and we immediately told him that we did not bring so much cash. We bargained and requested to buy less durians but the seller insist that we buy all the 4 durians because he has already opened the durians.

"So, we decided to leave without buying any durians but to our horror, the durian sellers SURROUNDED us and refuse to let us leave. In the end, we were forced to pay $200 via NETS before they let us leave.

"They think their durians made of gold?"​

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't pay n walk off. They are only trying to scare the customer.
Or tell them you will call police n then dial n call on the spot. They surely back off one.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another MRT train left with open door case?

Or some dumb foreigner kena swindled?

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Another MRT train left with open door case?

Or some dumb foreigner kena swindled?

Cant be bro, judging from the Last para; must be some LocaL chick with her friends.Back to the durians' topic,i did
have a simiLiar run-in with a roadside staLL aLong Sims Ave/Lorong 9 some years ago.
How are you going to bargain with them when these chaps are haggLing with you with durian knives in their hands ?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can always complaint to CASE. Btw, most of these stall assistants aren't local - PRCs and M'sians dominate this profession.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can always complaint to CASE. Btw, most of these stall assistants aren't local - PRCs and M'sians dominate this profession.

ExactLy.What if they sLash you in the heat of an argument, and ride their motor straight home to JB kampong ?..

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]NEWS: Sellers surround us when we refuse to pay $250 for 4 durians[/h]
15 Jul 2012

Sellers surround us when we refuse to pay $250 for durians

STOMPer Adeline claims a durian seller at Sims Avenue charged her $250 for 4 durians when he had quoted her $25 for 4 durians initially. When she refused to pay, her group was surrounded by durian sellers who did not allow them to leave.

She elaborates:

"My friend and I went to buy some durians on Saturday night at Sims Avenue.

"The durian seller introduced some durians to us and mentioned that they were '4粒25' (which means 4 durians for $25).

"Since the price was acceptable, we asked the seller to open 4 durians for us. However, when we made our payment, the seller said that the durians cost 4 for $250 not 4 for $25.

"We were shocked and we immediately told him that we did not bring so much cash. We bargained and requested to buy less durians but the seller insist that we buy all the 4 durians because he has already opened the durians.

"So, we decided to leave without buying any durians but to our horror, the durian sellers SURROUNDED us and refuse to let us leave. In the end, we were forced to pay $200 via NETS before they let us leave.

"They think their durians made of gold?"​
Put their photos on the net and give them free advertisement

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ExactLy.What if they sLash you in the heat of an argument, and ride their motor straight home to JB kampong ?..

Not likely to happen. We have THE best police force on planet earth.

Seriously, those stall assistants make an assessment of their customers. If 'pau jiak' type, like the product they are peddling, they are far more likely to slaughter you. They never try their luck with the headmen in Geylang.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Put their photos on the net and give them free advertisement

Sims Ave? Many stalls there. I suspect the one at Lor 17. They have a track record for this. Boss is a Malaysian. Drives a black 300 or 350 Mercz M'sian license plate.

A friend of mine was a victim there months ago. Very decent look so maybe kena. But one phone call and arrival of 'brothers' settled the matter.

jw5

Loyal
Not likely to happen. We have THE best police force on planet earth.

Seriously, those stall assistants make an assessment of their customers. If 'pau jiak' type, like the product they are peddling, they are far more likely to slaughter you. They never try their luck with the headmen in Geylang.

Once I went to a supermarket to buy the pre-packed durians, sold by a young punk who was shouting, advertising his wares.
Asked him if could sell cheaper than his stated price.
He replied if I wanted anymore cheaper, I should go and grow my own durian trees.
I said that I would and would come back and tell him if they tasted good, and then quickly walked away. :o

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank God I hate durians. Can't stand the smell.

Used to love them when I was young, licking the inside of the shells clean.

Now I find the smell utterly repugnant.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once I went to a supermarket to buy the pre-packed durians, sold by a young punk who was shouting, advertising his wares.
Asked him if could sell cheaper than his stated price.
He replied if I wanted anymore cheaper, I should go and grow my own durian trees.
I said that I would and would come back and tell him if they tasted good, and then quickly walked away. :o

Buying pre-packed durians defeats the purpose of it all. It's like sex without foreplay.

The fun lies in picking a good durian from the crowd, sniffing it, holding it up and shaking it next to your ear. Then when your selected durian is opened, you prod the flesh with your finger.

Everything is so sterile and artificial these days. I miss the days of going to the poultry section in the wet market. It's filled with the noise of live chickens and ducks. You then pick a bird, and it is slaughtered and defeathered on the spot. Or you could bring it home and do it yourself.

Kids these days don't know what they're missing.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buying pre-packed durians defeats the purpose of it all. It's like sex without foreplay.

The fun lies in picking a good durian from the crowd, sniffing it, holding it up and shaking it next to your ear. Then when your selected durian is opened, you prod the flesh with your finger.

Everything is so sterile and artificial these days. I miss the days of going to the poultry section in the wet market. It's filled with the noise of live chickens and ducks. You then pick a bird, and it is slaughtered and defeathered on the spot. Or you could bring it home and do it yourself.

Kids these days don't know what they're missing.

Wahlaneh! You are THE CAN man. Can even compare durians to sex. I salute you.

jw5

Loyal

Even when I go to durian stalls to eat on the spot, always ask the seller to choose and open ready for me.
Don't like to touch the thorns and don't know how to choose.
Only know how to eat.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sims Ave? Many stalls there. I suspect the one at Lor 17. They have a track record for this. Boss is a Malaysian. Drives a black 300 or 350 Mercz M'sian license plate.

A friend of mine was a victim there months ago. Very decent look so maybe kena. But one phone call and arrival of 'brothers' settled the matter.

Is this the stall emeritus woody praised before for innovative use of fax orders?

Sinkies are really losers kena bully and makan everywhere.
If scare of danger or outnumber then call police lor....or come back for revenge...what fucking use to stomp?
跑得了和尚跑不了庙....these durian sellers got a permanent stall there cannot run away....one lazy afternoon just revisit and bring some lighter fluid along can liao...make sure they out of business at least for awhile.