• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Medini (Nusajaya) Community

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I asked the staff at Medini Signature and was told there is usually a long bus queue to go there. Nearest is from Singapore, take bus and stop at Legoland then recommended to take taxi from there.

Does anyone know if Medini Signature or Iskandar Residences is closer to Legoland? Are they actually walkable (maybe 15-20 mins) from Legoland?

So inconvenient without car to move around. Maybe time to get one, but so expensive now. :smile:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Mine is around 680MYR psf for 9th floor, 1,600 sq ft unit in Tower 1. Tower 2 for the same unit is about 80 to 100MYR psf more.[/QUOTE]

Good psf for Medini, but pretty big unit too.I think Medini will be a popular place to stay in future when its completed.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I asked the staff at Medini Signature and was told there is usually a long bus queue to go there. Nearest is from Singapore, take bus and stop at Legoland then recommended to take taxi from there.

Does anyone know if Medini Signature or Iskandar Residences is closer to Legoland? Are they actually walkable (maybe 15-20 mins) from Legoland?

Iskandar Residences is near Kota Iskandar so am sure in future there will be good transport links like bus services. It is also on the way to Puteri Harbour . Am sure PH and Medini will be well connected and there will buses plying that route when everything is up.

OzRick

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Mine is around 680MYR psf for 9th floor, 1,600 sq ft unit in Tower 1. Tower 2 for the same unit is about 80 to 100MYR psf more.

Good psf for Medini, but pretty big unit too.I think Medini will be a popular place to stay in future when its completed.[/QUOTE]

1,600 sq ft for 3 bedrooms unit is a good size. I believe there are some two bedrooms unit available in Tower 2.

JBIskandarian

Alfrescian
Loyal

So inconvenient without car to move around. Maybe time to get one, but so expensive now. :smile:

1Medini, Medini Signature and Iskandar Residences are located next to each other where Medini Signature is in between the two projects, Iskandar Residences more toward Kota Iskandar/ Puteri Harbour/ Medini Square.

There were many Iskandar buses in operation currently picking-up ppl from many location in Singapore/ Nusajaya/ JB City/ Kempas area. Check-out link below:

http://www.causewaylink.com.my/iskandar-malaysia-bus#/-1/

CW04 - Route Station Details:
Pontian Bus Terminal - Gelang Patah Bus Terminal - CIQ 2nd Link - Tuas Checkpoint - Jurong East Interchange(Singapore)

IM07 - Route Station Details:
Bus No. IM07 - From Gelang Patah Bus Terminal to Kota Iskandar Bus Terminal

Gelang Patah Bus Terminal - Taman Nusantara - Nusa Perintis - Gelang Patah Town - Nusa Cemerlang - University Newcastle - Ledang Heights - Medini - Puteri Harbour - Kota Iskandar Bus Terminal

You can take CW04 bus from Jurong East to Gelang Patah Bus Terminal, change to IM07 towards Medini, request to stop outside of Medini Signature.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
These areas are in Flagship A (i think), so Flagship B Nusajaya/Medini/Puteri Harbour/Ladang no impact. What do you think? :smile:

Low cost house is different market segment, and it's positive gov initiating these projects. No impact for any areas or project in term of dissolving market demand.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many thanks JBIskandarian and Chocolate! I will study the links you sent tonight! I only knew about the CW04 bus from Jurong, but not sure after that. Your help is useful!

I also didn't know there are many other miscellaneous tax and levy charges when purchasing a property in Msia. One of the developers reminded me yesterday about them. I thought most of them are absorbed by the developer! Silly me....

For eg, for foreigners, there's a RM12k state tax? And other legal fees.... Works out to be quite substantial at RM40-50k right?

jasonzq

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many thanks JBIskandarian and Chocolate! I will study the links you sent tonight! I only knew about the CW04 bus from Jurong, but not sure after that. Your help is useful!

QUOTE]

there is another bus CW06 from jurong point to bukit indah shopping centre.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I also didn't know there are many other miscellaneous tax and levy charges when purchasing a property in Msia. One of the developers reminded me yesterday about them. I thought most of them are absorbed by the developer! Silly me....

For eg, for foreigners, there's a RM12k state tax? And other legal fees.... Works out to be quite substantial at RM40-50k right?

Loan stamp duty..usually 0.5% on purchase amount.
Loan legal fee.. can be lower if you use the developer's laywer panel.. 0.5 to 0.7.. else 1%

The above two are the most expensive costs associating with the purchase...

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup.

However.. in medini. .. developers will offer freebies

Some examples
1) Meridin offer free legal for loan agreement
2) Iskandar offer to pay foreigner tax of 12k

it's from yr wallet + someone's right n left pockets :biggrin:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Chocolate,

Read an old post of yours at another Medini forum.... I suppose it doesn't apply any more right, cos now most RM700+ and above already. :rolleyes:

"24-05-2013, 01:30 PM #139 Chocolate

Re: Meridin@Medini - Integrated development
Really have to say Good luck to those who bought 99 year Medini at RM 700psf. They better make sure they got enough funds to last them thru 20 years because those who bought 10 units thru leverage is gota kill themselves once the interest rate raise by 1% of when the economic crisis SWEPT the region again. Its just about time a recession come anyway as we have almost reached the cycle

For those who don't believ a recession will come within this 10 years, please go to the library now.

I hear the largest multi purchase was 6 units , from Tophills side."

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
is there an extra "o" in your nick? just being a little notti

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Chocolate,

Read an old post of yours at another Medini forum.... I suppose it doesn't apply any more right, cos now most RM700+ and above already. :rolleyes:

Really have to say Good luck to those who bought 99 year Medini at RM 700psf. They better make sure they got enough funds to last them thru 20 years because those who bought 10 units thru leverage is gota kill themselves once the interest rate raise by 1% of when the economic crisis SWEPT the region again. Its just about time a recession come anyway as we have almost reached the cycle

For those who don't believ a recession will come within this 10 years, please go to the library now.

I hear the largest multi purchase was 6 units , from Tophills side."

Rental is tough in JB. Try not to buy too many units.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal

"

This link is a good read from DBS bigshot. Interesting part is understanding of interest rate and which country will impact more. Good news is Msia impact is not as great to other asia countries because it's never went that low.
http://english.caixin.com/2013-07-22/100558769.html

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This link is a good read from DBS bigshot. Interesting part is understanding of interest rate and which country will impact more. Good news is Msia impact is not as great to other asia countries because it's never went that low.
http://english.caixin.com/2013-07-22/100558769.html

Elsewhere in Asia, ‘real’ wages in housing terms are comparable to China’s. It takes the same number of years (15) for the average Singaporean to buy a 100 sq m home. Ditto for Thailand. Prices are cheaper (real incomes are higher) in Taiwan, where it takes only 9 years to buy a home. Incomes are higher yet in Malaysia (4 years to buy a home) and the US (1.7 years).

I firmly believe that in Malaysia, where houses are among the cheapest in the region, has a lot of scope for prices to rise further.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Elsewhere in Asia, ‘real’ wages in housing terms are comparable to China’s. It takes the same number of years (15) for the average Singaporean to buy a 100 sq m home. Ditto for Thailand. Prices are cheaper (real incomes are higher) in Taiwan, where it takes only 9 years to buy a home. Incomes are higher yet in Malaysia (4 years to buy a home) and the US (1.7 years).

I firmly believe that in Malaysia, where houses are among the cheapest in the region, has a lot of scope for prices to rise further.

but the million dollar question is sell to who ?