• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Medini (Nusajaya) Community

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't listen to Singapore agencies or Singapore property agents about Malaysian property. They are just in for the money -- few have much knowledge.

Take what they say with a pinch of salt, even supposedly reputable ones. E.g. one of them said Country Garden was going to sell at 1.6k psf, so as to convince people to buy another Danga Bay condo.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, this is the first time I learn that any bank calculate like this. There will never be any way you can enjoy the discount given by any developer. If I were you, I will ditch them.

Agreed... However, the other bank (HSBC) is even worst...they only wiling to loan 70% from Gross and that is only 700k.
Now: which is better?

Also, I have check with quite a few bankers and they confirmed they are tightening the loan quantum now... 70% for most.. . I have no issue with income level as I am very sure I am ok for that. Perhap I am unlucky not to get 80% from gross so far.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't listen to Singapore agencies or Singapore property agents about Malaysian property. They are just in for the money -- few have much knowledge.

Take what they say with a pinch of salt, even supposedly reputable ones. E.g. one of them said Country Garden was going to sell at 1.6k psf, so as to convince people to buy another Danga Bay condo.

Absolutely agreed with your comments. Caveat Emptor...
If agent's remark can be believed 100%, PIG will fly...

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never trust Huttons anymore after they sold my shop unit sometime ago. A few of them that i come across r Very unethical. I thk generally it's very rare for agent to b honest and fight for your needs. Anyway, this whole balloting thing in iskandar started by Huttons.. Encorp at puteri harbour. When the local developers saw how 'successful' this approach, almost all developers copied them.. This balloting thing can create an atmosphere of desperation among buyers.. Telling half truth to buyers is more poisonous than telling outright lies..

I was there but I ended up empty handed cos my choice units were sold... had opportunity to buy some (example: < #20) but rejected the opportunity... Luckily, I managed to get one 2 months later by luck.. a buyer gave up an unit as loan was rejected due to high gearing.

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed... However, the other bank (HSBC) is even worst...they only wiling to loan 70% from Gross and that is only 700k.
Now: which is better?

Good point.

Also, I have check with quite a few bankers and they confirmed they are tightening the loan quantum now... 70% for most.. . I have no issue with income level as I am very sure I am ok for that. Perhap I am unlucky not to get 80% from gross so far.

Did you try CIMB? I was verbally informed by my banker that I would be given another 80% loan. However, I wouldn't count on it until I sign the LOO. HSBC has offered me 70%.

You are right about the tightening. I learnt from HSBC My that most banks have implemented at least 70% DSR, and they take your Sg loans into account!

Last edited:

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, same goes for some My agents. I guess there will be bad eggs everywhere when it comes to sucking your money.

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.

Did you try CIMB? I was verbally informed by my banker that I would be given another 80% loan. However, I wouldn't count on it until I sign the LOO. HSBC has offered me 70%.

You are right about the tightening. I learnt from HSBC My that most banks have implemented at least 70% DSR, and they take your Sg loans into account!

Now recently new announced new DSR is < 60 .. But for "higher" income group can still get 70.
So I think it's still 70 for most

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.

CIMB not yet conclude deal with IR. Have applied but pending thus no idea how much they will offer

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well ocbc shld be able to get 80% loan
Can try ..

Have applied to OCBC but heard their deal with IR not yet concluded.. OCBC will only offer after done deal.

Anyway, I have decided to purchase the unit without DIBS as I estimate the interest paid will be lower than the extra 5%...

Ks2750

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think so as some of the banks need to get the full detail from developer before can grant loans
As each types and floor also different price
Anyway I just got my loan from OC approved not for IR but a nearby project
Same thing .. I waited for about a month .. Then sales person update me that the loan financing is ok .. Then submitted my documents and within 3 days letter offered issued ..
I use back my regular banker from KL as I got few property all approval quite fast
If u want to get higher financing margins 80 instead of 70 - I think better wait a while for the other bank to settle with the developer the deal. That's what I have done .. :smile:

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think so as some of the banks need to get the full detail from developer before can grant loans
As each types and floor also different price
Anyway I just got my loan from OC approved not for IR but a nearby project
Same thing .. I waited for about a month .. Then sales person update me that the loan financing is ok .. Then submitted my documents and within 3 days letter offered issued ..
I use back my regular banker from KL as I got few property all approval quite fast
If u want to get higher financing margins 80 instead of 70 - I think better wait a while for the other bank to settle with the developer the deal. That's what I have done .. :smile:

Thanks for the advise.. will think about it. Anyway.. I think i am more incline to loan 70% instead of 80%.. thus DIBS make little different to me. If I take 80%.. then i would rather take DIBS..

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did Danga Bay eventually going for 1000-1200 psf?

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

Any of you here bought Medini Signature? I don't drive.... was wondering is there any convenient way to go to Medini? I know the CW bus goes to Legoland but it is not near to the condo.

Appreciate any tips and help. Thank you!

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get express bus to legoland is a good start. From there, walking around 20mins to Medini Signature. At Legoland bus terminal, taxi usually is available...I would pay more than RM10 to get Medini Signature, coming back there won't be any taxi. Bus are servicing Medini...not sure the route, timing, frequency etc.

Anyway, if you are serious intend to get a place....rent a car and get familiarize with the area...i think very worthwhile...

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sea view unit near the yacht berths are asking for 1,100 psf. Transacted or not I dunno. But its silly to pay 1.1k cos Capri next door only 1k. also sea view but no berths and better finishings and space planning.

Did Danga Bay eventually going for 1000-1200 psf?

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sea view unit near the yacht berths are asking for 1,100 psf. Transacted or not I dunno. But its silly to pay 1.1k cos Capri next door only 1k. also sea view but no berths and better finishings and space planning.

mmm..are u sure capri 1k psf has seaview ? thot many units are blocked by Brunsfield ?

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, bro - good to see Danga Bay to go up above 1000 psf. This will set a benchmark for neighbors at the other side (Medini) to also go above 1000psf - personally (no offence), I would think Medina side has more potentials, especially when the Kota Iskandar is fully loaded and operational..!!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get express bus to legoland is a good start. From there, walking around 20mins to Medini Signature. At Legoland bus terminal, taxi usually is available...I would pay more than RM10 to get Medini Signature, coming back there won't be any taxi. Bus are servicing Medini...not sure the route, timing, frequency etc.

Anyway, if you are serious intend to get a place....rent a car and get familiarize with the area...i think very worthwhile...

Thanks. You went to see Signature's show room? Did you book it?

Hardly any one here talks about the signature...