• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Meaning of HDB Upgrading

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Upgrading is actually an euphemism for defective or not properly planned initial construction of HDB units and estates. So should not residents be compensated for living in sub-standard flats?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Upgrading is actually an euphemism for defective or not properly planned initial construction of HDB units and estates. So should not residents be compensated for living in sub-standard flats?

You want cheap , fast & supposedly best in the world flat...you pay for substandard ones, where the floor tiles pop up, the white coloured wall tiles pop up, your toliet flooded, the toliet roof, kitchen roof leaks, not long after HDB hand over the keys...and years later you pay for their imcompetency with upgrading... their mistakes you PAY....their design mistakes you PAY..and mind you, this is not your property...

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want cheap , fast & supposedly best in the world flat...you pay for substandard ones, where the floor tiles pop up, the white coloured wall tiles pop up, your toliet flooded, the toliet roof, kitchen roof leaks, not long after HDB hand over the keys...and years later you pay for their imcompetency with upgrading... their mistakes you PAY....their design mistakes you PAY..and mind you, this is not your property...

Like someone mentioned , no matter how you upgrade , it is still a pigeon-hole :p
And it's not yours in the first place
:eek:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like someone mentioned , no matter how you upgrade , it is still a pigeon-hole :p
And it's not yours in the first place

Not many of us get to see our house title...how many, show hands?...I did many many years back, when I took possession of it, it is still a leashold title...has it been changed today? back in my time, I couldn't bring that to the bank & get a mortgage!!

moneymind

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this money for upgrading your flat or estate comes from the govt, then every singaporeans should be entitled the rights to have upgrading regardless of whether they support PAP or opposition.

Please be misled by PAP telling you .... "vote for me and I will give you upgrading ... " because it is their duty to do so ...

Is it their duty to fight for cost of living for you ?

maybe opposition will be able to use this to attack the opp.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not many of us get to see our house title...how many, show hands?...I did many many years back, when I took possession of it, it is still a leashold title...has it been changed today? back in my time, I couldn't bring that to the bank & get a mortgage!!

No one is a home-owner in Sillypore , all of us are just tenants

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I think u are mistaken, its not a leasehold title. Its a lease only. Even today, u cannot bring this lease in to a bank to secure a small personal loan. Banks do not consider it acceptable collateral.