• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mdm Ho Ching Clears Up Mess Created By Cheap Goodyear

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho Ching has once again saved Temasek and Singaporeans' hard earned money. After Cheap created a $60 billion hole inTemasek in March, Mdm Ho has since recovered those losses after her return to Temasek. Singapore owes Mdm Ho a great deal of gratitude. I have full confidence in Mdm Ho to lead Temasek to greater heights.

At a news conference on Thursday, Temasek said the markets have stabilised, helping its portfolio increase 32 per cent since end-March to S$172 billion as at end-July.
Temasek's portfolio value falls 30% on-year to S$130b as of March 2009By May Wong, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 17 September 2009 1551 hrs

SINGAPORE: The market turmoil last year and earlier this year has hit the returns of Singapore investment company Temasek Holdings.

According to its latest annual report – the Temasek Review – its one-year total shareholder return (TSR) by market value came in at -30 per cent as of March 31, compared with +7 per cent the year before.

Its portfolio value for the financial year to March 2009 fell 30 per cent on-year to S$130 billion. This means the portfolio has shrunk back to levels seen three years ago when its value was worth S$129 billion.

It is also the first time that its TSR has been negative and its portfolio value has dropped since the Temasek Review was published in 2004.

However, Temasek said its TSR since inception in 1974 by both shareholder funds and market value held steady at 16 per cent.

Despite the global credit crunch, Temasek said it remained cautiously active in the market, making S$9 billion of investments and S$16 billion in divestments during the year.

As for the group's net profit, Temasek raked in S$6 billion as of end-March this year, down two-thirds compared to last year. The company said the decline reflected the generally weaker operating performances of its portfolio companies.

At a news conference on Thursday, Temasek said the markets have stabilised, helping its portfolio increase 32 per cent since end-March to S$172 billion as at end-July.

Ho Ching, executive director and CEO, Temasek Holdings, said: "There'll be some medium-term risk, but I think we have the full flexibility to do what we need to do and we have full flexibility today to think of what we should do for the long term, rather than be constrained. So as far as we're concerned, we're in a fairly comfortable position.

"When you're in a net cash position, you have full flexibility to do anything. We're not leveraged. So as an example, when market fell last year, we were not in a position where we were forced to sell just to top up margins and things like that, compared to investors who may have leveraged themselves."

On the lessons learned from the financial crisis, Ms Ho admitted that Temasek made the wrong assumption that large economies were well managed, with low regulatory risks.

"We pay a lot of attention to what is being said and done in the US, even when we don't have large exposures to the US because that can affect the rest of us," said Ms Ho.

Looking ahead, Temasek said the worst of the meltdown risks is over, but it expects risks of inflation and asset misallocations in the medium term. It added that structural issues still need to be resolved due to continued deleveraging.

However, the sovereign wealth fund remains optimistic about Asia's potential for the long term and has maintained an "overweight" call on the region. As of end-March this year, its exposure to Asian markets stood at 43 per cent, while its Singapore exposure was 31 per cent.

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) economies accounted for just over 20 per cent of its portfolio and new markets like Latin America and Russia made up four per cent.

Temasek had said in the past that it aims to keep 40 per cent of its investments in Asia, 30 per cent in Singapore, 20 per cent in the OCED countries and 10 per cent in Latin America, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

- CNA/so

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wmd0d2.jpg

"clinton my doggy, didn't know u have so many fans! Hahahahaha"

23m0fpv.jpg

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
After talking to my friends in the financial sector, we realize that Madam Ho Ching could still be a very good asset. With her track record of accuracy in making losses by Buying High Selling Low, she could well be a very good options trader! This will sure make big money for Singapore!

Goh Meng Seng

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't talk cock lah Chip is the fall guy. Can one trust the media that is controlled by pap?

You retarded gay dog :oIo:

Cheap was the one who screw up big time and cause those massive losses. Your love for sucking Ang Mo's cocks has prevented you from seeing the truth. Get the ang mo cum off your eyes and maybe you will get back to reality:mad:.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
After talking to my friends in the financial sector, we realize that Madam Ho Ching could still be a very good asset. With her track record of accuracy in making losses by Buying High Selling Low, she could well be a very good options trader! This will sure make big money for Singapore!

Goh Meng Seng

After talking to my friends in the political scene, we realise that Goh Meng Seng could still be a very good assest. With Goh's track record of selling charms and claims of tsunamis in Singapore, he is the poster boy for the retards that infest the Opposition. :oIo:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Ah Qua Clinton666. We know you are defending your maacho man lover. No need to say more.

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Do you really know what is options trading? Dunch know, dunch talk so much.

leebolan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheap was the one who screw up big time and cause those massive losses. Your love for sucking Ang Mo's cocks has prevented you from seeing the truth. Get the ang mo cum off your eyes and maybe you will get back to reality:mad:.

Wow I have never seen a retard as idiotic as this guy. Chip did not invest in Barclays and things that cause the billions lost. I don't even think he did anything harmful!:oIo::oIo::oIo:

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng
Bro GMS.
you meant when she buy ...you sell and run..
when she selll..you buy in quickly...

ha ha

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow I have never seen a retard as idiotic as this guy. Chip did not invest in Barclays and things that cause the billions lost. I don't even think he did anything harmful!:oIo::oIo::oIo:

It is obvious your mum like to suck big Ang Mo cocks and her pinkerton genes is passed on to you :mad: