• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Matland Religious Police Raided LGBT+ Party! Samsters got attend?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysia: Religious police raid LGBT Halloween party​

Authorities detained 20 Muslim attendees at the Halloween event in Kuala Lumpur. The country's strict religious rules only apply to Muslim Malays.​

63597062_101.jpg

Malaysia's Islamic religious police raided an LGBT Halloween party on Saturday night, arresting people in the process for cross-dressing and allegedly encouraging vice.

Activist Numan Afifi was among those arrested at the event in Kuala Lumpur. He told the AFP news agency that the raid was "traumatizing and harrowing."

"About 40 religious officers backed by the police came into the venue with some 1,000 participants, and they stopped the music and dance," he said.

Assistant police commissioner Noor Dellhan Yahaya has since vowed to "step up operations and inspections on clubs," The Star newspaper quoted him as saying.

Muslims detained​

Numan said authorities divided party-goers into two groups — Muslims and followers of other faiths. Authorities checked 53 men and nine women at the Halloween party, The Starreported.

Authorities then took 20 Muslims from the group to the Federal Territories Islamic Religious Department. All of them were released after a few hours but are required to return next week for further questioning.

"Some were alleged to have committed offences under cross-dressing while others, including me, for encouraging vice," Numan said.

Malaysia has a dual-track legal system with civil courts as well as Islamic Sharia courts designed specifically for Muslim Malays, who make up 60% of the country's population. These religious laws do not apply to the sizeable Chinese and Indian communities, nor do they apply to most foreigners.

Calls for change​

This latest incident of police raiding an LGBT+ party sparked outcry in the southeast Asian country, which counts Thailand and Singapore among its neighbors.

Opposition politician Carles Santiago said the raid was a case of "harassment against a marginalized community."

"When will we learn to respect and accept people for who they are?" he tweeted.

Others have called for Malaysia to drop its laws that target queer people.

"These people are not criminals," human rights lawyer Siti Kassim told AFP. "The oppression and discrimination against LGBT people must end immediately."

AFP material contributed to this report.

Edited by: Darko Janjevic

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it cast in stone Malays have to be Muslims? There should be freedom of choice for everyone...
not simple at all. first to leave Islam in Malaysia, you have to go and declare to the Islamic authorities. They have 1 year to persuade you not to leave. After the year is up, then they should allow you to leave.

But here's the problem, leaving the religion can be construed as apostasy -- a punishable crime in syariah court. who's going to take that chance?

furthermore I heard that once you successfully leave, they will make it difficult for eg, to apply to have religion officially changed, government will refer the case back to the religious authorities.

good luck will all that. but let's not forget there is no compulsion in Islam! :smile:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
not simple at all. first to leave Islam in Malaysia, you have to go and declare to the Islamic authorities. They have 1 year to persuade you not to leave. After the year is up, then they should allow you to leave.

But here's the problem, leaving the religion can be construed as apostasy -- a punishable crime in syariah court. who's going to take that chance?

furthermore I heard that once you successfully leave, they will make it difficult for eg, to apply to have religion officially changed, government will refer the case back to the religious authorities.

good luck will all that. but let's not forget there is no compulsion in Islam! :smile:
So actually they're quite pitiful in a way...
When you're born, the religion is already shaft into your throat n there's no turning back....
I believed there should be a chance given to that person @The age of 21 to choose if he/she wishes to stay or leave without any bad aftermath...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

islam is like a religion with two sets of account books - one that shows the real accounts, and a crooked one that you show to the public. And most moslems are aware of this.

most moslems know that it islam doesn't allow moslems to leave the religion and will force other moslems to remain in islam, but they don't like it when others point this out.

most moslems know that islam permits rape and slavery but again, they don't like others to point this out.

And the list goes on...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When you're born, the religion is already shaft into your throat n there's no turning back....
I believed there should be a chance given to that person @The age of 21 to choose if he/she wishes to stay or leave without any bad aftermath...

most moslem scholars teach that if moslems are allowed to leave, islam will collapse. Hence leaving islam is seen as treason. Historically, arab moslem caliphs have killed thousands of other arabs who wanted to leave islam.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
unfortunately so. By and large, whatever criticisms most people have about Malays, my experience is that especially in Malaysia, if treated with respect, they will generally treat you well in kind. Not so with fairer-skinned races. It is a pity that they are continually being used for other races purposes. In this case, the Arabs and their Judaism derivative.
yup. also little chance of seeing or trying the alternatives because they are forbidden to do so.
That's a reasonable choice. Good luck though convincing the religious authorities to relinquish the absolute power they have. No god in seeking power over other people.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Funny how so many of the solutions involve violence, yet it's called the religion of peace.

Like I mentioned earlier, the mohameddan religion has 2 different sets of account books - a crooked version for the public, and the real version for personal use.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I mentioned earlier, the mohameddan religion has 2 different sets of account books - a crooked version for the public, and the real version for personal use.
really? do they have names for both versions? or some secret code for referring to it? or is it just plain understood once they get in the door?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
really? do they have names for both versions? or some secret code for referring to it? or is it just plain understood once they get in the door?

It's understood once they get in through the door.

Other men fuck kids, they are pedophiles. Clear evidence that their religion and culture is sick. mahomet marries and fucks a kid, it's perfectly acceptable. Nothing wrong.

moslems like to say 'no compulsion in islam', but at the same time, they dislike it when people point out that these same moslems believe in harming people for leaving islam. And the moslems even quote their own scriptures to justify why moslems are not allowed to leave islam, but everyone must know that 'there is no compulsion in islam'.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
this statement is easily verifiable to be false.
Its no compulsion in faith. You can believe and disbelieve.

Let there be no compulsion in religion( i think its faith), for the truth stands out clearly from falsehood. So whoever renounces false gods and believes in God has certainly grasped the firmest, unfailing hand-hold ( bond could be better meaning). And God is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is only one version. But the muslims version i think is not the right one. Hence the more religious they become, the worse the result. You can see it in afghsnistan, iran, sudan,

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let there be no compulsion in religion( i think its faith), for the truth stands out clearly from falsehood. So whoever renounces false gods and believes in God has certainly grasped the firmest, unfailing hand-hold ( bond could be better meaning). And God is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
There is only one version. But the muslims version i think is not the right one. Hence the more religious they become, the worse the result. You can see it in afghsnistan, iran, sudan,

Mainstream moslem scholars agree that moslems cannot be allowed freedom of religion, to leave islam when they wish. One exception is in Singapore, thanks to PAP cleaning up the mohammedan religion to make it civilized.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mainstream moslem scholars agree that moslems cannot be allowed freedom of religion, to leave islam when they wish. One exception is in Singapore, thanks to PAP cleaning up the mohammedan religion to make it civilized.
Those scholars should be executed for defying the command.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone should be able to leave whatever religion for whatever reasons at any point in his/her life. Then only can we say there's really no compulsion..