• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matex Residence

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am concerned about selling my 1br if min limit is raised to 1m..
I am not worried about this...there must be substantial demand for properties <$1mil before they will implement this.
Actually, I think it is not necessary to do that yet. To protect the local, they can do the same like Spore. Disallowed foreigners to buy landed unless special permission. This will drive foreigners to purchase high luxury condos > $500K that only foreigners can afford and buy, most locals can't afford anyway.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not worried about this...there must be substantial demand for properties <$1mil before they will implement this.
Actually, I think it is not necessary to do that yet. To protect the local, they can do the same like Spore. Disallowed foreigners to buy landed unless special permission. This will drive foreigners to purchase high luxury condos > $500K that only foreigners can afford and buy, most locals can't afford anyway.

I think that is too drastic .. landed has always been attractive to foreigners (esp Sporeans) and cutting them off from landed purchase may cause property demand to plunge. It is imperative in SG as SG is so limited in land but Johor have so much more land. Maybe govt will tighten the foreigner quota for landed on area basis and require developer to sell a higher % to locals. Or increase state levy to calm down demand

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PROJECT BRIEF
Project Name : Developer :
The Suasana *subject to approval
Exquisite Mode Sdn. Bhd. (770673-W)
Suite 1.1, Kompleks Antarabangsa,
Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur.
Jalan Trus / Jalan Wong Ah Fook, Johor Bahru City Centre. Modern annex towers comprising of a 19-storey hotel and a 33- storey service apartment block atop a 7 storey commercial podium block and a basement car park
Land Area Category Tenure
: 1.49 acres
: Commercial
: Freehold

A. LOCATION
1. Located in the centre of Johor Bahru CBD along major roads – Jalan Wong Ah Fook & Jalan Trus.
2. The project is ideally located within the urban network of Johor Bahru CBD with close proximities to major amenities such as the Persada International Convention Center Johor Bahru and City Square.
3. It is also situated within walking distance to key transportation hubs such as the Sultan Iskandar Custom Complex (CIQ), JB Sentral, and Terminal Bas Sentral Kota Raya.

B. BUILDING DESCRIPTION
1. The building consists of two high-rised towers and a podium block:-
a. The hotel tower is 19-storeys high and comprises 276 hotel rooms.
b. The service apartment tower is 33-storeys high and comprises 335 residential
units.
c. The 7-storey commercial podium below comprises:-
i. 2-storeys retail;
ii. 4-storeys car park;
iii. 1-storey basement car park.
2. The retail entrance is located on Level 1, Jalan Wong Ah Fook. The hotel lobby is accessible via the Jalan Wong Ah Fook entrance on Level 2.
3. The service apartment entrance is located on Level 2, Jalan Trus.

C. LAYOUTS – SERVICE APARTMENT
Type
Area (sq.m)
Area (sq.ft)
Total Unit (26 floors)
Type A
1 Beds / 1 bath
59.70 - 65.50
642.61 – 705.04
Type B
2 Beds / 2 baths
74.50 – 88.60
801.92 – 953.69
Type C
3 Beds / 3 baths
105.50 – 113.50
1,135.60 – 1,221.71
Total

D. FITTINGS and FITOUTS
1. Fittings:-
a. Floor finishes: Porcelain tiles, engineered timber flooring, homogeneous tiles. b. Sanitary Fittings: WC, long bath (where applicable), basin, vanity basin,
shower, sink, tap, paper holder, soap holder, shower cubicle (where applicable).
2. Fitouts:-
a. Air-conditioning units for living and bedrooms.
b. Kitchen cabinet with 4 appliances – Hood, hob, refrigerator, and microwave
oven.
c. Lighting and fitouts for bathrooms.

E. FACILITIES
1. The 7th floor podium rooftop facilities are owned and operated by the hotel management (First 2 years membership fee will be borne by the developer). Planned facilities located on the podium rooftop are:-
a. Food and beverages outlets *chargeable
b. Swimming pool *subject to hotel rates/charges without membership
c. Kids play ground
a. Spa & gym *subject to hotel rates/charges without membership
b. Convention facilities
2. The planned facilities located on the service apartment rooftop are:-
a. Gym
b. Garden with viewing deck
c. Room for launderette facilities

F. PANEL SOLICITORS 1. Soh Hayati & Co.
No. 109A, Jalan Kelang Lama, Batu 3 1/4, 58000 Kuala Lumpur. Lawyer: Mr. Soh Choh Piau Contact No.: 03-79843755
2. Syed Alwi, Ng, & Co.
Suite 22.03, Level 22,
JB City Square, Jalan Wong Ah Fook, 80000 Johor Bahru.
Lawyer: Ms. Latha Pillay
Contact No.: 07-2249128
3. Abu Talib Sharom
No. 78A, 1st Floor, Jalan Padi Satu, Bandar Baru UDA, 81200 Johor Bahru. Lawyer: Pn. Noorashikin
Contact No.: 07-2323848

G. PANEL END FINANCIERS
1. HSBC Bank
2. RHB Bank
3. OCBC Bank
4. UOB Bank

H. OTHER INFORMATION
1. Sale with partially fitted out units (Refer to Item. D).
2. Sale without parking bays. Parking bays cannot be purchased, but can be permanently leased to purchasers at a cost to be determined.

I. TARGET LAUNCH DATE
2nd Quarter 2013

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
PROJECT BRIEF
Project Name : Developer :
The Suasana *subject to approval
Exquisite Mode Sdn. Bhd. (770673-W)
Suite 1.1, Kompleks Antarabangsa,
Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur.
Jalan Trus / Jalan Wong Ah Fook, Johor Bahru City Centre. Modern annex towers comprising of a 19-storey hotel and a 33- storey service apartment block atop a 7 storey commercial podium block and a basement car park
Land Area Category Tenure
: 1.49 acres
: Commercial
: Freehold

A. LOCATION
1. Located in the centre of Johor Bahru CBD along major roads – Jalan Wong Ah Fook & Jalan Trus.
2. The project is ideally located within the urban network of Johor Bahru CBD with close proximities to major amenities such as the Persada International Convention Center Johor Bahru and City Square.
3. It is also situated within walking distance to key transportation hubs such as the Sultan Iskandar Custom Complex (CIQ), JB Sentral, and Terminal Bas Sentral Kota Raya.

B. BUILDING DESCRIPTION
1. The building consists of two high-rised towers and a podium block:-
a. The hotel tower is 19-storeys high and comprises 276 hotel rooms.
b. The service apartment tower is 33-storeys high and comprises 335 residential
units.
c. The 7-storey commercial podium below comprises:-
i. 2-storeys retail;
ii. 4-storeys car park;
iii. 1-storey basement car park.
2. The retail entrance is located on Level 1, Jalan Wong Ah Fook. The hotel lobby is accessible via the Jalan Wong Ah Fook entrance on Level 2.
3. The service apartment entrance is located on Level 2, Jalan Trus.

C. LAYOUTS – SERVICE APARTMENT
Type
Area (sq.m)
Area (sq.ft)
Total Unit (26 floors)
Type A
1 Beds / 1 bath
59.70 - 65.50
642.61 – 705.04
Type B
2 Beds / 2 baths
74.50 – 88.60
801.92 – 953.69
Type C
3 Beds / 3 baths
105.50 – 113.50
1,135.60 – 1,221.71
Total

D. FITTINGS and FITOUTS
1. Fittings:-
a. Floor finishes: Porcelain tiles, engineered timber flooring, homogeneous tiles. b. Sanitary Fittings: WC, long bath (where applicable), basin, vanity basin,
shower, sink, tap, paper holder, soap holder, shower cubicle (where applicable).
2. Fitouts:-
a. Air-conditioning units for living and bedrooms.
b. Kitchen cabinet with 4 appliances – Hood, hob, refrigerator, and microwave
oven.
c. Lighting and fitouts for bathrooms.

E. FACILITIES
1. The 7th floor podium rooftop facilities are owned and operated by the hotel management (First 2 years membership fee will be borne by the developer). Planned facilities located on the podium rooftop are:-
a. Food and beverages outlets *chargeable
b. Swimming pool *subject to hotel rates/charges without membership
c. Kids play ground
a. Spa & gym *subject to hotel rates/charges without membership
b. Convention facilities
2. The planned facilities located on the service apartment rooftop are:-
a. Gym
b. Garden with viewing deck
c. Room for launderette facilities

F. PANEL SOLICITORS 1. Soh Hayati & Co.
No. 109A, Jalan Kelang Lama, Batu 3 1/4, 58000 Kuala Lumpur. Lawyer: Mr. Soh Choh Piau Contact No.: 03-79843755
2. Syed Alwi, Ng, & Co.
Suite 22.03, Level 22,
JB City Square, Jalan Wong Ah Fook, 80000 Johor Bahru.
Lawyer: Ms. Latha Pillay
Contact No.: 07-2249128
3. Abu Talib Sharom
No. 78A, 1st Floor, Jalan Padi Satu, Bandar Baru UDA, 81200 Johor Bahru. Lawyer: Pn. Noorashikin
Contact No.: 07-2323848

G. PANEL END FINANCIERS
1. HSBC Bank
2. RHB Bank
3. OCBC Bank
4. UOB Bank

H. OTHER INFORMATION
1. Sale with partially fitted out units (Refer to Item. D).
2. Sale without parking bays. Parking bays cannot be purchased, but can be permanently leased to purchasers at a cost to be determined.

I. TARGET LAUNCH DATE
2nd Quarter 2013

Thanks for the info! But "The Suasana" .. seriously??? You got to be kidding meee!

And why is the developer listed as Exquiste Mode instead of UM Land ?? Does this means the sales permit has been obtained?

Last edited:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good information. But I am not surprised to use Suasana name since the Suasana brand is quite famous in KL. For Umland project, they always form fully owned subsidiary company to own the project. This is for legal protection and tax purposes. The above did not code the developer licenses and sales permit no..saw subjected to approval.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the info! But "The Suasana" .. seriously??? You got to be kidding meee!

And why is the developer listed as Exquiste Mode instead of UM Land ?? Does this means the sales permit has been obtained?

1. INTRODUCTION

The Board of Directors (“Board”) of UMLand wishes to announce that on 3 June 2008, UM Land Assets Sdn Bhd (“UMLand Assets”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of UMLand, entered into a conditional sale and purchase agreement (“SPA 1”) with Ipjora (S) Pte. Ltd. (“ISPL”) to acquire 3,600,000 ordinary shares of RM1.00 each and 36,000 cumulative redeemable preference shares of RM1.00 each (“Sale Shares”) representing sixty per centum (60%) of the entire issued and paid up capital of Ipjora Holdings Sdn Bhd (”Ipjora”) for a cash consideration of RM5,309,882.

The Board also wishes to announce that on 3 June 2008, Exquisite Mode Sdn Bhd (“EMSB”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of UMLand, had entered into a conditional sale and purchase agreement (“SPA 2”) with Wisma Matex Sdn Bhd (“Matex”) to acquire three (3) pieces of freehold commercial land measuring in aggregate approximately 6,026.41 square metres located in Bandar Johor Bahru and District of Johor Bahru (“Matex Lands”) for a cash consideration of RM27 million.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good information. But I am not surprised to use Suasana name since the Suasana brand is quite famous in KL. For Umland project, they always form fully owned subsidiary company to own the project. This is for legal protection and tax purposes. The above did not code the developer licenses and sales permit no..saw subjected to approval.

http://www.suasanabangsar.com.my

UM Land seems to love this brand name. Suasana Bangsar KL.

Another one is The Loft...Suasana Sentral Loft, KL Sentral.

http://www.propwall.my/kl_sentral/suasana_sentral_loft

Last edited:

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note the new info:
Facilities on top of svc apt
2 separate entrances to hotel and apt
Fridge
Lighting, fit out for bathroom
Removal of "the apt will be managed by hotel operator or mgmt"

Note these info has not changed
It was described as svc apt from day 1..

26flr *13 unit= 338.. But total is 335. So there might be some super penthouse. Norman mentioned he is buying 4 floors and might do leaseback of 100 units. The rest can be lease like normal rental..

I also want to point out that in malaysia, svc apt, svc residences are used loosely. It doesn't mean Somerset, Ascott kind of svc apt. Also this land is on commercial title, utilities is more exp and most imptly, I think such land is not protected by Residential Act.. And no mention of warranty period.

Last edited:

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pole is exact location

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    747 KB · Views: 255
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 229

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Note the new info:
Fridge

26flr *13 unit= 338.. But total is 335. So there might be some super penthouse. Norman mentioned he is buying 4 floors and might do leaseback of 100 units. The rest can be lease like normal rental..

I also want to point out that in malaysia, svc apt, svc residences are used loosely. It doesn't mean Somerset, Ascott kind of svc apt. Also this land is on commercial title, utilities is more exp and most imptly, I think such land is not protected by Residential Act.. And no mention of warranty period.

14 floor got some water tank that use up 3 units position.

Hence no unit 14-03, 14-04, 14-05

Last edited:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note the new info:
Fridge

Does he mention who is the hotel operator to operate the hotel tower? A prestige name will add value to the whole development.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Service Residence under Commerical Land is already protected under the Housing Development Act quite sometimes ago. So it is quite safe to purchase that. Only commerical or industrial is not, hence be careful...