• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matex Residence

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
300k for danga bay unit? so cheappp??? cannnot be the new projects .. danga view ..many years ago? landed subsales 500K - should be the aged ones at not so prime locations though i think there are still some at this range at bukit indah. Hmm .. want to flip. the rental market in JB is still soft

no... she bot last year. so you know.. there is a diffneence btw malaysian price and singaprean price. be careful. btw i malayysian.

edited: the condo is not built yet. developer is BMLand. name of development, i didn't ask.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
300k for danga bay unit? so cheappp??? cannnot be the new projects .. danga view ..many years ago? landed subsales 500K - should be the aged ones at not so prime locations though i think there are still some at this range at bukit indah. Hmm .. want to flip. the rental market in JB is still soft

if u buy to flip. very risky. be careful.

penjohorian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely to stick to it. The drop in size for my selected unit is minor. I bet on this one as I think this is prime and with plus point that few other development match except maybe Sky suites or summerscape. To me, I think the accessibility by RTS to Singapore is key. This is the kind of project that can generate substainable foreign interest over the long term.

Would like to know from your should Tri Tower be another choice to consider given its location?
I'm contemplating another option to go in JBCC since Matex still full of uncertainty.
Never encountered such a project drag for so long with so much of uncertainty before.
Worst is its has to go through NSG and not much information can be obtained from them except ''wait for developer''.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would like to know from your should Tri Tower be another choice to consider given its location?
I'm contemplating another option to go in JBCC since Matex still full of uncertainty.
Never encountered such a project drag for so long with so much of uncertainty before.
Worst is its has to go through NSG and not much information can be obtained from them except ''wait for developer''.

1100psf - pricey. Good location - this is a good substitute to Matex as it is same walking distance to CIQ. Not sure whether u will be bothered by this - developer (mahabuilders) is less reputable than UMLand

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
no... she bot last year. so you know.. there is a diffneence btw malaysian price and singaprean price. be careful. btw i malayysian.

edited: the condo is not built yet. developer is BMLand. name of development, i didn't ask.

i am a msian too. not even bumilot cost 300k for a 2 bedders at danga bay nowadays. maybe your fren has connection with developer. BMland ? Umm ... Not UMLand rite?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am a msian too. not even bumilot cost 300k for a 2 bedders at danga bay nowadays. maybe your fren has connection with developer. BMland ? Umm ... Not UMLand rite?

no, no connection. she just drove by with her hubby, walked into the showroom and bot a unit. it's a 700+ sqft 2 bedroom. IIRC, about 345k RM. she told me Developer is "BMLand" . according to her, the land reclamation is happening in front of her new condo, so no sea view for her. she wouldn't BS me too as we're childhood kampong friends.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, no connection. she just drove by with her hubby, walked into the showroom and bot a unit. it's a 700+ sqft 2 bedroom. IIRC, about 345k RM. she told me Developer is "BMLand" . according to her, the land reclamation is happening in front of her new condo, so no sea view for her. she wouldn't BS me too as we're childhood kampong friends.

I am sure she has no reason to.bs you but i just find it a bit unbelieavable.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure she has no reason to.bs you but i just find it a bit unbelieavable.

i also was quite surprised about theprice when she told me. again, if i recall correctly, she said 'limited facilities' and is not luxury condo. anyway, i will try to ask her again and clarify.
but , taking a larger view, do you find it unbelievable that there are cheap houses and all these hyped up projects are priced on the very high side? did you know i found out recently that the taman jp perdana next to my future SEC, the houses there like cube 166 (isolated and a bit far in) were just selling for 400K (completed last year, the 400k is subsale price - but the house is brand new). and the house isn't slum and run down either. nicely reno with gated and guard. see here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.380662392051259.1073741837.240940182690148&type=3
conclusion: there are quite a lot of cheap property in jb, and many empty houses too. that's why i say, be careful. i think as a malaysian yourself, you already know it instinctively. malaysia house- easy to buy, difficult to sell.

Last edited:

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks shctaw. You have been very helpful and generous in sharing info. And yes Newbie is right, not everyone (not me for sure!) is loaded and can afford to buy multiple units like you. the opportunity cost for ikan bilis investor like me is very high - I cant afford to place the wrong bet. Not in my turf

Hey bro, you are not alone but ikan bilis like us will certainly get bigger and bigger if we swim around big fishes who are willing to help. Let's all keep sharing and learning!

This deal, whether successful or not, is another learning opportunity for me... Cheers!

Last edited:

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks shctaw. You have been very helpful and generous in sharing info. And yes Newbie is right, not everyone (not me for sure!) is loaded and can afford to buy multiple units like you. the opportunity cost for ikan bilis investor like me is very high - I cant afford to place the wrong bet. Not in my turf

yes, thks bro shctaw for his generous sharing!

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are 2 types of big fishes out there.....

1 type are those that follow other big fishes and only swim in deep water which will usually drown the smaller fisher. This type of big fishes are super rich but selfish to share any experience and seldom give warning to other smaller fishes as they do not give a damn about anyone except themselves.

1 type are those that swim in deeper water and warn other fish to avoid certain water as the condition of those water might kill the smaller fishes.

However there are also 2 type of small fishes.

1 type whom never know the depth of water and venture to ocean blindly.

1 type will only follow behind helpful big fish and hope to survive until the day the small fish grow big.

One thing common about big fishes; they use to be small fish too; just like me.

PS: my first salary with Singapore International Monetary Exchange is $600/month.

And just like a blur small fish back in my old day; I have always swim close to the big big fishes and avoid been eaten by them alive.
Nobody is born with the knowledge of anything. (just like a new iPhone or new iPad; it is up to you to put anything into it)

Learn from each other. Especially mistake made by the big fish so small fish do not have to learn it by making the mistake themselves.

Note: One should never thing of one been a big fish. I saw whale before; and when you see one in your life you will know how small you are.
(The whale I saw is someone with 200 properties worldwide. And sometime his so call 1 property is a whole block of building.)

Hey bro, you are not alone but ikan bilis like us will certainly get bigger and bigger if we swim around big fishes who are willing to help. Let's all keep sharing and learning!

This deal, whether successful or not, is another learning opportunity for me... Cheers!

yes, thks bro shctaw for his generous sharing!

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also was quite surprised about theprice when she told me. again, if i recall correctly, she said 'limited facilities' and is not luxury condo. anyway, i will try to ask her again and clarify.
but , taking a larger view, do you find it unbelievable that there are cheap houses and all these hyped up projects are priced on the very high side? did you know i found out recently that the taman jp perdana next to my future SEC, the houses there like cube 166 (isolated and a bit far in) were just selling for 400K (completed last year, the 400k is subsale price - but the house is brand new). and the house isn't slum and run down either. nicely reno with gated and guard. see here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.380662392051259.1073741837.240940182690148&type=3
conclusion: there are quite a lot of cheap property in jb, and many empty houses too. that's why i say, be careful. i think as a malaysian yourself, you already know it instinctively. malaysia house- easy to buy, difficult to sell.

i wont be surprised if the condo is at some far outskirts - there are even landed 2 story houses selling at RM 3XX K in those outskirts area. but its at danga bay area - as the saying goes, the rising tide raises all ships so i would expect this project to be selling at a premium too given the selling psf of the nearby new projects like tropez, capri etc. Agree that msian houses are easy to buy, hard to sell with the exception of selected areas like hh, el, lf. In SG, no matter how far flung the ppty is, i think you can more or less be assured the value will increase after you buy. but in MY, if you buy the wrong neighbourhood, you are gg to end up paying a big price for your lack of foresight