• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

match make @ hong lim!!!!!

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
would any of the parents try 2 match make thier single children without their knowledge......how would they re-act if they know about it.....????

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know...all I know is..now my aunt wants to paddle her daughter there...and another aunt wants to put her son up for bid too...LOL

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
would any of the parents try 2 match make thier single children without their knowledge......how would they re-act if they know about it.....????

what's with the arranged marriage? are we taking a tad too much out of the retro theme? :biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
if your 2nd wife knows u have a current wife.. she will also kill you..

so here is the solution.. give me her contact number... :biggrin: :biggrin:

if i do take a 2nd wife......i don't know where 2 hide her here......my current wife going kill me if she finds out......muhahaha

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...local version of "mail ordered bride"..another HUB cumming?

Maybe the match-making companies can bring their viets, PRCs "goods" also..."peddle" like sungei road :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong Lim protest park becoming matchmaking park? Singaporeans are really very adaptive. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i do take a 2nd wife......i don't know where 2 hide her here......my current wife going kill me if she finds out......muhahaha

You can hide her in my house, I will arrange for a small rental fee, plus F&B fee, and you can visit me as an excuse, for every now & then !, if you do not mind I taste the 'tart' a little!

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it's common even in modern cities in china today. And it happens every weekend in parks, where old parents 'market' their children to other old parents. We're talking about children who are graduates and working professionals.....

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I think we all make a big mistake... we shd married a 2nd wife 1st... then slowly take our time 2 6 4 the 1st... 1st wife can take half of our asset... 2nd wife cnot... :biggrin::p:biggrin:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Matchmaking meet

Matchmaking meet

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_276397.html

They share CVs to find mates for their children at first such event here
By Goh Chin Lian

front-clparents.jpg

Parents took matters into their own hands, saying their children were too busy for a social life. -- ST PHOTO: ASHLEIGH SIM

WITH a picture of her son in her handbag, housewife Wang Lianzhi mingled with some 150 parents at the Speakers' Corner yesterday for a mass matchmaking session.
'My son's 30. He's never had a girlfriend. He's working on his computer all the time and seldom goes out,' explained Mrs Wang, 67.

So she decided to play Cupid, distributing his business card to other parents.

It was the first parents' matchmaking session, organised by dating agency Clique Wise which had taken up a suggestion by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

PM Lee had floated the idea of having parents play matchmaker for their children in his National Day Rally speech last month.

He described how thousands of parents in Beijing secretly sought out spouses for their children at such sessions, commonly held in parks, and suggested Singapore parents try it too.

Yesterday, they did. Parents took matters into their own hands, saying their children were too busy for a social life.

Many like Mrs May Jow, 60, came without their children's knowledge. 'I took my daughter's photograph from the drawer without telling her,' she said.

The matchmaking process was simple: Parents exchanged details of their children like age, education and current job, and asked to see a picture of the 'candidate'. Some whipped out passport-sized photographs, others 4R-sized pictures. One parent came with an 8R computer printout of the family posing with the candidate in a graduation gown.

Parents were not only scrutinising the candidate's looks, but also sussing out the candidate's parents to see if they came from similar backgrounds. If all goes well, they exchange phone numbers.

Some parents like Mrs Jow were on the lookout for candidates who matched their children's height and age.

'The age difference should be about three to four years and he has to be at least 1.76m tall,' said Mrs Jow, whose daughter is aged 30 and is 1.68m tall.

Parents hunting for a son-in-law also wanted someone with a higher educational qualification and a stable career.

Said housewife L.H. Heng, 55: 'My daughter has a polytechnic diploma. Her spouse cannot have any lesser than that.'

The session's organiser, Ms Lydia Gan, said the event was held at Speakers' Corner as the older generation was familiar with Hong Lim Park. It was also free.

All Ms Gan had to do was register online with the National Parks Board, since rules were eased to allow outdoor demonstrations at Speakers' Corner from Sept 1.

While the matchmaking session was registered as an exhibition, and not a demonstration, it did draw onlookers like odd job labourer Jeff Tan, 60. He had dropped by after shopping in nearby Chinatown, thinking he would catch a protest in progress.

But there was none. So far, only non-profit group Hearer of Cries has held a demonstration, staging a 10-minute protest against employers who abuse maids.

Mr Tan said: 'I wouldn't come here specially. I work in Changi and I'm living in Tampines. It's too far.'

[email protected]

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
instead of demostration now we see match making.....& they r going 2 organise this event every month since the response is very good.....:biggrin: