• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mata chia tio wheel clamp

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffee Shop Talk - Mata chia tio wheel clamp</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">Fuyuan Ai (kTuLu5) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">1:46 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>1171.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>This Urban Jungle
Posted on 08 Sep, 2008 14:04
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Police car wheel-clamped, issued with warning letter

STOMPer Soulman this police car with its wheel clamped, apparently for parking in a season parking lot at the carpark of The Adelphi opposite Funan the IT Mall.

He says:

"The photos show 2 police cars parked at the parking lot of The Adelphi.

"Apparently, 1 police car was parked at the yellow lot while the other was parked at the red lot (meant for season parking).

"It seemed that the management was extremely dedicated to their work as the police car parked in the red lot was wheel clamped and served with a warning letter while the other one was not.

"While I am not sure whether wheel clamping a police car is the correct thing to do, this proves that even police officers make mistakes every now and then."

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Share this

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha... police always think they have the ultimate passport to go anywhere and park anywhere... but too bad, they are just not as power as they think.... Furthermore, police have made the public losing faith in them in all the recent issue.... and looking at this report, police is ruining their own reputation....

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
funan got IT show is it??:biggrin:

police always abuse their powers.. i got a police fren who drove police car to our sunday soccer game before..:biggrin:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
bravo for the management of Funan.
mata also have to follow rules and regulations.
hope more of these kind of news will show-up more often.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is what you get for hiring more FTs! Maybe tomorrow they will wheel clamp MM, SM, PM cars!

singaforever

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the police officers are technically on official duty, they can park anywhere. By clamping the wheels of the police vehicle, the management of the car park is considered to be obstructing the duties of the police, who might be unable to respond to an emergency.

Not that I support the police, but facts are facts. The guy who clamped the police vehicle is brave but extremely stupid.

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the police officers are technically on official duty, they can park anywhere. By clamping the wheels of the police vehicle, the management of the car park is considered to be obstructing the duties of the police, who might be unable to respond to an emergency.

Not that I support the police, but facts are facts. The guy who clamped the police vehicle is brave but extremely stupid.

Aiyah if the mass public can't see that PAP Community Foundation is a charity organisation - i can't blame the management if they "mistaken" that the boys in blue are NOT on official duty :biggrin:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

There must be a balance if the police are to get proper parking space and be expected to arrive to the complainant on time. As such some leeway must be given to provide the police with an opportunity for prompt response.

Yes i'm sure a handful of people had bad experiences with the police and i believe the person who clamped the vehicle is one of them. If everyone is targetting at the police with pure detest and maximise on every opportunity to pull them down, would we then prefer a society not guarded by law enforcers?

And if Spore police force sucks, we should try to identify countries which has good policing and move towards emulating those good practices instead of harbouring hatred against those people who had been paid to safeguard internal security.

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Yes i'm sure a handful of people had bad experiences with the police and i believe the person who clamped the vehicle is one of them. If everyone is targetting at the police with pure detest and maximise on every opportunity to pull them down, would we then prefer a society not guarded by law enforcers?

AG....no one is above the law. PERIOD

Wow like....if everyone targetting MIWs, would we then prefer our ladies to be maids :biggrin:

PAP_agent

Alfrescian
Loyal
AG....no one is above the law. PERIOD

Wow like....if everyone targetting MIWs, would we then prefer our ladies to be maids :biggrin:

While i admit that many policemen are just lazy, good-for-nothing conscripts, you all need to have a sense of proportion.

If they're carrying out their duties, they must have some degree of freedom to get the job done.Imagine nabbing a criminal at the mall and then finding their car clamped! Cannot go back to station!

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
While i admit that many policemen are just lazy, good-for-nothing conscripts, you all need to have a sense of proportion.

....then finding their car clamped! Cannot go back to station!

Ya lor...SG residents also need to have a sense of proportion :biggrin:

Cannot go back to station!! - Phew! lucky still got WORLD-CLASS PUBLIC transport system...

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to let you know..

I have written to the Police on several occasions when the police car park at the season lots of my carpark while packing food at the nearby hawker centre.. Not only the URA refused to do anything..the police justify their action by saying they have a understanding / arrangement with HDB / URA to park at season parking lots..

Now..aren't they having 2 sets of law? 1 for peasants and I for PAPies / elites / kar ki lang?

Part of my letter to the police ;

"Last but not least, attached a picture taken of police vehicle parking illegally in the season parking lots meant for residents. This picture was taken on the 27 June 2008. Clearly the police has violated the parking rules, and I would like to point out that this is not the first time I have seen police vehicle parking in season parking lots meant for resident, while they buy breakfast / lunch / dinner from ABC hawker centre.

Now, can we have URA and police walking the talk and prove to citizens that no special consession will be given to anyone as long as a offense is committed?"

Attachments

• DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC00028.jpg
    DSC00028.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 213

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Unlawful Parking made by Police Vehicles (SIU 3494/2008)
“Paul TAN”

Dear Ms Go,

I refer to your e-mail dated 21 July 2008 to Inspector Yeo Ai Choo on the illegal parking of police vehicles.

2 Singapore Police Force has an existing arrangement with the Urban Redevelopment Authority and the Housing and Development Board to allow its police vehicles to park at season parking lots. Notwithstanding, we will take action against officers who park at these lots when they are not on operational duty.

3 Thank you for your feedback.

Yours Sincerely,

Paul Tan
for Quality Service Manager
Singapore Police Force

Attachments

• police illegal parking.jpg
    police illegal parking.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 150

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to let you know..

I have written to the Police on several occasions when the police car park at the season lots of my carpark while packing food at the nearby hawker centre.. Not only the URA refused to do anything..the police justify their action by saying they have a understanding / arrangement with HDB / URA to park at season parking lots..

Now..aren't they having 2 sets of law? 1 for peasants and I for PAPies / elites / kar ki lang?

"Last but not least, attached a picture taken of police vehicle parking illegally in the season parking lots meant for residents. This picture was taken on the 27 June 2008. Clearly the police has violated the parking rules, and I would like to point out that this is not the first time I have seen police vehicle parking in season parking lots meant for resident, while they buy breakfast / lunch / dinner from ABC hawker centre.

Now, can we have URA and police walking the talk and prove to citizens that no special consession will be given to anyone as long as a offense is committed?"

did you also check and complain about that Ikea lorry and taxi parked there ?
I doubt they are residents

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to let you know..

But cops also human wat. Need to eat mah. So if they cannot queue up for food, must travel around to get proper parking space like that how man? Packet for all police officers ah? But then police van cannot park at lot so take taxi? then take bus also kena complain cos use taxpayer money...then take bus. Take bus kena complain cos wasting too much time. ...

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
There must be a balance if the police are to get proper parking space and be expected to arrive to the complainant on time. As such some leeway must be given to provide the police with an opportunity for prompt response...

Yes, that's a very fair and measured response.

- We want the police to be able to execute their duties efficiently, as their duties are matters of public safety and security. Note that this only applies to officers who are on duty
- We also have to have a sense of proportion. Are there so many of them that it gravely affects the parking situation?

In general, Law enforcement (& emergency response units) should be able to access public buildings with ease. Tieups with URA and HDBare the right way to go.

After all, they're supposed to be there to serve our needs.

Whether or not they're serving our needs, is an entirely different story :cool: