• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Martin Luther Tan Kin Lian - Freedom March

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I can meet the expenses on my own, but I want the people to have the chance to contribute financially to the campaign as well. I do not wish to shoulder this arduous task and journey on my own, with the help of a few supporters. I hope that more Singaporeans will come forward to make my campaign into their own campaign as well."

Martin Luther Tan Kin Lian
June 2011

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.facebook.com/notes/tan-ki...55585777847416

My name is Tan Kin Lian. I am standing for election as President of Singapore.

Many people have told me that they want a President who can:

Be a voice of the people (speak where, parliament?)
Be independent of the PAP Government (after 30 years of being PAP cadre member)
Safeguard their CPF money and the national reserves (CPF money has nothing do with President, it's people money and nothing to do with state reserves, a dishonest claim)

If you give me your support and I get elected, I promise you that I will carry out these tasks diligently.

I come from a humble family background. When I was a child, I lived in a rented room and had to move residence a few times. Later, I lived in a HDB flat for 7 years. Today, I live in a ordinary house and like many Singaporeans, I have a car but often travel by bus and MRT. (for a man who had 5 mortgages with NTUC, he is talking about hdb, bus and mrt.)

I understand the struggle of many people who find it difficult to earn enough to meet the cost of living, have to travel in crowded public transport daily and have to face the competition for jobs. I am close to the ordinary people in Singapore and can be your voice to carry your views to the Government. (for a man who built a swimming pool in his office building using worker's fund, it hard to reconcile how close he is with the people)

I have never been a MP or minister in the PAP Government. As President, I will be able to think and act independently of the Government and take a different perspective in looking after the interest of the people of Singapore. I will work in cooperation with the Government to find solutions (the role of the president does not allow you to find solutions, another misleading and dishonest claim) that are best for the people.

In my decisions, I will guided by my personal values of honesty, fairness, positive attitude, courage and public service and by the views of the people (which I will actively seek). ( please do not talk about honesty, courage etc, your conduct does not suggest these)

I am qualified and have the financial knowledge to safeguard your CPF money and the national reserves. I had nurtured an insurance company for 30 years, looking after the savings of over 1 million people and managing assets of $17 billion. ( yet you are asking people to fund your campaign, what happen to the 5 properties and all your other investments)

I understand the need to be prudent in our investments, to avoid speculation and to invest for the long term. I can bring this knowledge to the duty of the President in safeguarding the reserves. (what happen to your earlier claim that you will influence investment decision)

I wish to run for President as a public duty. I do not wish to receive a large salary as President and will be willing to donate at least 50% of the salary to charity and other worthy causes. (you can even get FISCA of the ground after 2 years)

I hope that you will give me your support and will encourage your friends, colleagues, neighbors to support me. Please help me in spreading this message to them.(any news on the 100k signatures petition.)

Tan Kin Lian

Candidate for President of Singapore

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The exit route is in the pipeline.

He will finally decide not to run because:

(1) that "some people tell him" Dr Tan Cheng Bok will have a better chance against Dr Tony Tan if he steps aside; or

(2) that "Singaporeans" failed to raise the money for his campaign.

He is either Mr Gracious or Singaporeans are selfish.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Safeguard their CPF money and the national reserves (CPF money has nothing do with President, it's people money and nothing to do with state reserves, a dishonest claim)

See the pictures he got designed on this link. Visual number 3 on the CPF is outright misleading.

http://easyapps.sg/tklep/admin/file.aspx?key=5b55c221f2c8102eb68b931bcdb31861

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
He really should NOT try to represent the opposition. He is an embarrassment... Actually I am glad the blokes in sammyboy rejected him. Opposition supporters should make a stand, not just anybody can suka suka hop on the opposition bandwagon and expect support. Please show you are a person of substance... This means character, not just intellect. I can't believe that TKL used Tang as an example... What a way to alienate the opposition supporters... Just shows how out of touch he is. I think he is really old school PAP, too arrogant, too out of touch, too kiasu, too kiasi!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I can meet the expenses on my own, but I want the people to have the chance to contribute financially to the campaign as well. I do not wish to shoulder this arduous task and journey on my own, with the help of a few supporters. I hope that more Singaporeans will come forward to make my campaign into their own campaign as well."

June 2011

They have very low in moral values, are in for the money.:mad: WHat Martin Luther, do not desecrate the name!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

June 2011

Every time I read or hear about his doings, I have to sit down and face-palm. I just cannot help wondering that this is the most idiotic person ever and he is going down in Singapore's history as a political clown, much worse than all the previous ones we had.:*:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is crystal clear that he is a humbug and that he is not prepared to sacrifice anything. His sham started with asking for 100,000 signatures in a petition. That was the first crack in his veneer of respectability.

He cannot even hold a candle to JBJ let alone Martin Luther King. Even Chee is more dignified.

June 2011

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone imagine him being President? Geewhiz, Singapore really short of talents.

Every time I read or hear about his doings, I have to sit down and face-palm. I just cannot help wondering that this is the most idiotic person ever and he is going down in Singapore's history as a political clown, much worse than all the previous ones we had.:*:

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal

My name is Tan Kin Lian. I am standing for election as President of Singapore.

Many people have told me that they want a President who can:

If you give me your support and I get elected, I promise you that I will carry out these tasks diligently.

I come from a humble family background. When I was a child, I lived in a rented room and had to move residence a few times. Later, I lived in a HDB flat for 7 years. Today, I live in a ordinary house and like many Singaporeans, I have a car but often travel by bus and MRT. (for a man who had 5 mortgages with NTUC, he is talking about hdb, bus and mrt.)

I understand the struggle of many people who find it difficult to earn enough to meet the cost of living, have to travel in crowded public transport daily and have to face the competition for jobs. I am close to the ordinary people in Singapore and can be your voice to carry your views to the Government. (for a man who built a swimming pool in his office building using worker's fund, it hard to reconcile how close he is with the people)

I have never been a MP or minister in the PAP Government. As President, I will be able to think and act independently of the Government and take a different perspective in looking after the interest of the people of Singapore. I will work in cooperation with the Government to find solutions (the role of the president does not allow you to find solutions, another misleading and dishonest claim) that are best for the people.

In my decisions, I will guided by my personal values of honesty, fairness, positive attitude, courage and public service and by the views of the people (which I will actively seek). ( please do not talk about honesty, courage etc, your conduct does not suggest these)

I am qualified and have the financial knowledge to safeguard your CPF money and the national reserves. I had nurtured an insurance company for 30 years, looking after the savings of over 1 million people and managing assets of $17 billion. ( yet you are asking people to fund your campaign, what happen to the 5 properties and all your other investments)

I understand the need to be prudent in our investments, to avoid speculation and to invest for the long term. I can bring this knowledge to the duty of the President in safeguarding the reserves. (what happen to your earlier claim that you will influence investment decision)

I wish to run for President as a public duty. I do not wish to receive a large salary as President and will be willing to donate at least 50% of the salary to charity and other worthy causes. (you can even get FISCA of the ground after 2 years)

I hope that you will give me your support and will encourage your friends, colleagues, neighbors to support me. Please help me in spreading this message to them.(any news on the 100k signatures petition.)

Tan Kin Lian

Candidate for President of Singapore

Waaaah lan...hahhaah you really obsessed with TKL is it? :*: Noticed you set up more threads to TKL than Chen Show Mao.

Relac lar...as if Presidency is a big deal..After all, the President is just an unimportant ceremonial figure who lacks much power.

Seriously, why you even bother who takes up a seat without much power. Much ado nothing lar. Look, even if you have a crook on that seat, he is going to play second fiddle to the parliament anyway.

Ong Teng CHeong is just a one-off thing. As far as whoever that takes up Presidency is concerned, it doesn't matter.

I mean so what if TCB boasts of independence? If you see the interview with TOC, even TCB said that he is at the parliament's mercy.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not the first time he used Tang or dragged his name. There is absolutely no reason and no basis to do so.
Even when made the comment about suing the chap, he dragged Tang into it.

I can't believe that TKL used Tang as an example... What a way to alienate the opposition supporters... Just shows how out of touch he is. I think he is really old school PAP, too arrogant, too out of touch, too kiasu, too kiasi!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is certainly is becoming a comedy. For a man who stood at the coalface of Singapore / PAP developing brand of politics, you would have thought that he would learnt quite a few things.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is seldom that we get this number of forum chaps coming in for the first time to make comments. It's very encouraging and I think it is a worthy subject despite the muted importance of the Office in the executive and political space.

Some of the observations and comments are incisive and others throw a new perspective. One clear observation is the vehement support for TKL by strong anti-PAP supporters. They just do want anyone endorsed or even seen associated with the PAP. TT is obvious while TCB is not acceptable because his was not seen to have given a clean break in their eyes. It did not matter that TCB was a maverick and his agenda was people rather than party. They do not even realise the importance of going against the party whip on a very important part of the legislation that is the constitution.

There are a number of angles that are emerging and a number of responses that deserves a separate thread less the message gets buried in a single thread.

For example, wHen I saw his reason for seeking political donations, I thought it was unusual and thus a new thread and the title.

Waaaah lan...hahhaah you really obsessed with TKL is it? :*: Noticed you set up more threads to TKL than Chen Show Mao.

Relac lar...as if Presidency is a big deal..After all, the President is just an unimportant ceremonial figure who lacks much power.

Seriously, why you even bother who takes up a seat without much power. Much ado nothing lar. Look, even if you have a crook on that seat, he is going to play second fiddle to the parliament anyway.

Ong Teng CHeong is just a one-off thing. As far as whoever that takes up Presidency is concerned, it doesn't matter.

I mean so what if TCB boasts of independence? If you see the interview with TOC, even TCB said that he is at the parliament's mercy.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is seldom that we get this number of forum chaps coming in for the first time to make comments.

They do not even realise the importance of going against the party whip on a very important part of the legislation that is the constitution.

Plead guilty to para 1.

Thank you for pointing out the significance of TCB's voting against the government on the NMP scheme. I didn't realised until your post that it is a constitutional amendment rather than routine government legislation. It is definitely grossly out of line to vote against your party on such a major issue. No wonder the PAP thinks he is a Maverick.....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With GMS as his strategist, TKL is headed south.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TKL won't win as far as I can see. But if he wants a respectable margin, get rid of GMS first and foremost.

GMS is there for the political mileage, like a flea who had enough with the previous host, now jump into the next host.

TKL had been putting on puppet shows for sometime already, now his shows are getting louder with multimedias, colours & sounds; is another puppet whose strings & the puppet master is invisible to the naked eye.:p

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GMS is there for the political mileage, like a flea who had enough with the previous host, now jump into the next host.

TKL had been putting on puppet shows for sometime already, now his shows are getting louder with multimedias, colours & sounds; is another puppet whose strings & the puppet master is invisible to the naked eye.:p

TKL's muppet show fail, this one below is the real McCoy

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z-_QLNkh-zI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>