• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maris Stella High School principal accused of misappropriating nearly S$150,000

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ex-principal accused of misappropriating nearly S$150,000
By Shaffiq Alkhatib | Posted: 19 May 2011 1416 hrs <LINK rel=image_src href="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpfdXLyv.jpg">
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=260 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD width=20 align=right></TD><TD width=240 align=right>
phpfdXLyv.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=60 vAlign=top></TD><TD class=update height=80 vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#f6f6f6 width=138>Photos </TD><TD bgColor=#f6f6f6 width=47>1 of 1</TD><TD bgColor=#f6f6f6 width=18><INPUT id=btnPrev disabled value="<< Previous" src="/images/butt_previous.gif" width=18 height=15 type=image></TD><TD bgColor=#f6f6f6 width=19><INPUT id=bntPlay value="Play - Stop" src="/images/butt_stop.gif" width=19 height=15 type=image></TD><TD bgColor=#f6f6f6 width=18><INPUT id=btnNext disabled value=" Next >> " src="/images/butt_next.gif" width=18 height=15 type=image></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
dotline_240.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=update></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- for Facebook Like function --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4><HR align=left color=#dddddd SIZE=1 width=510></TD></TR><TR><TD height=30 vAlign=middle width=510 colSpan=4><?xml:namespace prefix = fb ns = "http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" /><fb:like class="fb_like fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" href="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1129838/1/.html" layout="standard" show_faces="false" width="510" action="recommend"><IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 510px; HEIGHT: 22px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" id=f39d51aa460c264 class=fb_ltr title="Like this content on Facebook." src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?action=recommend&api_key=113370852059819&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fversion%3D2%23cb%3Dfe324fdb1ebd0a%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.channelnewsasia.com%252Ff3acbdedbbbf0d%26relation%3Dparent.parent%26transport%3Dflash&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.channelnewsasia.com%2Fstories%2Fsingaporelocalnews%2Fview%2F1129838%2F1%2F.html&layout=standard&locale=en_US&node_type=1&sdk=joey&show_faces=false&width=510" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency name=f2072c43cc94678 scrolling=no></IFRAME></fb:like></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4><HR align=left color=#dddddd SIZE=1 width=510></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SINGAPORE: A former principal of Maris Stella High School has been charged with misappropriating S$148,539.85 between May 2004 and September 2009.

64-year-old Anthony Tan Kim Hock, who retired in 2009, allegedly committed the offence in the school on 21 separate occasions.

13 of the charges involve a man known as Peter Lim, believed to be a relative and is said to be in his 30s.

Tan allegedly used S$44,860.80 from the school management committee as well as the Director-General of education school fund accounts to pay for items such as seven of Mr Lim's overseas school trips and an open water diving course in Pulau Tioman.

Tan is also accused of misappropriating another S$34,000 which was donated to the school.

Another charge involved him allegedly misappropriating S$2,000 which was donated to three retired Marist brothers.

Besides these, Tan is believed to have done the same with S$67,679.05 from the school's chapel building fund account.

Tan is out on a bail of S$40,000 and is represented by lawyer, Dr Koh Hai Keong.

The case will be mentioned again on June 16.

- CNA/cc

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard this brother is also gay. Has a partner in tow during official functions. Anyone heard of this as well?

By the way, Sen han tong is on the board of directors of this school.

shitonleeky

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard this brother is also gay. Has a partner in tow during official functions. Anyone heard of this as well?

By the way, Sen han tong is on the board of directors of this school.

Seems Seng is destined for shit every time:eek:
Should sack the whole board for the bloody oversight or maybe they are too lax in the process of discharging their duties.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, Maris stella is one of the worst SAP schools during this guy's reign. Must have been too busy counting money.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Principal has no principles and I cannot imagine the type of values he has been imparting to those teachers and students.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I know roughly how much does a principal earns nowadays ?
$5000 ? Or more ?
Must do this type of sia sway thing some more. Haiz !

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I know roughly how much does a principal earns nowadays ?
$5000 ? Or more ?
Must do this type of sia sway thing some more. Haiz !

That means, 'last leaf' argument to pay top dollar does not hold water, human greed has no limit plus the lack of moral value.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, Maris stella is one of the worst SAP schools during this guy's reign. Must have been too busy counting money.

unless you are an old boy, else what do you know about Maris Stella?

Whether Bro Anthony is guilty of misappropriating the funds, let the courts decide.

One of the reasons Maris Stella didn't perform well is because Maris Stella secondary will take back those boys didn't perform well in PSLE irregardless. As a result, these underperforming boys mostly also don't perform well during O'levels as well, dragging down the results overall.

you tell me which SAP school principal will do that?

Most of the other school schools will abandon those who didn't do well in PSLE.

lastly, up yours!:mad:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the reasons Maris Stella didn't perform well is because Maris Stella secondary will take back those boys didn't perform well in PSLE irregardless. As a result, these underperforming boys mostly also don't perform well during O'levels as well, dragging down the results overall.

you tell me which SAP school principal will do that?

Most of the other school schools will abandon those who didn't do well in PSLE.

lastly, up yours!:mad:

that is the same excuse your school has been using all these years to justify its poor performance. and it cuts no ice. Compare apple to apple now. a big portion of student enrollments for Catholic high and St nicolas also come from their primary school intake as well. Neither do as badly as Maris stella.

Face it, your gay brother anthony tan fucked up during his 20 odd year reign there.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is the same excuse your school has been using all these years to justify its poor performance. and it cuts no ice. Compare apple to apple now. a big portion of student enrollments for Catholic high and St nicolas also come from their primary school intake as well. Neither do as badly as Maris stella.

Face it, your gay brother anthony tan fucked up during his 20 odd year reign there.

people like you just don't get it.

so in the name of better performance we just give up on those kids that didn't do well in PSLE and leave them to the gutters? No wonder SG is such a shitty place to stay, no doubt filled with people like you

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people like you just don't get it.

so in the name of better performance we just give up on those kids that didn't do well in PSLE and leave them to the gutters? No wonder SG is such a shitty place to stay, no doubt filled with people like you

Blame people like me for what? Who was in charge?

In case you didn't know, the national PSLE streaming cut off thresholds are determined every year by the MOE, not by me or by public opinion. In other words, totally CMI students have already been streamed out to other schools.

Maris stella have always had a good base to students to work with. But they end up performing worse than other students in the same standard.

The real issue here is the mismanagement by this gay brother and the school board. The latter more because they let this homo run the school for more than 20 years instead of better and more qualified people like the irish brother (brother kevin?) and other non-catholic teaching staff.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This Principal has no principles and I cannot imagine the type of values he has been imparting to those teachers and students.

hi there

1. bro, when the pay is right, any sheep shall take the bait right!
2. here, there are tons of such specimen that are paid millions.
3. what principles, morale and values?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blame people like me for what? Who was in charge?

In case you didn't know, the national PSLE streaming cut off thresholds are determined every year by the MOE, not by me or by public opinion. In other words, totally CMI students have already been streamed out to other schools.

Maris stella have always had a good base to students to work with. But they end up performing worse than other students in the same standard.

The real issue here is the mismanagement by this gay brother and the school board. The latter more because they let this homo run the school for more than 20 years instead of better and more qualified people like the irish brother (brother kevin?) and other non-catholic teaching staff.

How good was mshs? Seems you don't have a good impression of mshs.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah strong up from 2011. I think he's been jailed. Brother an tao nee. The swimming pool he promised didn't come about ah.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given Koh Poh Khoon self-confessed humble background,
it is surprising he came from Maris Stella High, also called
the Rich Man's school.
A majority of the student cohort came from rich to well-to-do family.
Just look at the number of cars parked at the school in the early morning and
after class evening.
He is probably in the cohort where the school did extremely well academically around 1986-1987,
just before that Anthony Tan took over. After that, the school has been going downhill till now.
He is just another elite in the making. Don't think he will stay in his 5rm HDB pigeon hole for long.