• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Many prominent opposition members join anti-Chinese FB group

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
564785_349197021802979_213440582045291_890459_1950673078_n.jpg

016dab7f.jpg

Social media and politics may not be as easy a mix as first perceived.

Here’s the latest slip-up.

Somebody claiming to be a local student living in the Serangoon Gardens area set up a seemingly xenophobic Facebook group called “Alliance of Hong Kong and Singapore against mainlanders”.

The creator of the group added 45 profiles as friends - including eight opposition politicians.

But the politicians claimed they were unaware of being listed as members.

Read the full story in The New Paper on Saturday (May 5).

Last edited:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
556098_420745184619275_280285461998582_1583048_68999503_n.jpg

A netizen comments:
Another worrying trend, rising bigotry sometimes disguised as a 'Singaporean first' or local first position. Sounds patriotic but bigotry is bigotry. It is worse when bigots cross national borders to join other bigots to target a common group.

Last edited:

bedouin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I also find that I can be added to groups by other people. When did FB allow this? So annoying.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the basic business model of FB. It has searchbots that go to yr address book and send invites to yr friends list. That must be how you got yr invite - one of yr regulars who communicates with you, and once he joins FB, you'll get invited too..

Yeah I also find that I can be added to groups by other people. When did FB allow this? So annoying.