• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man's body is split into 3 parts after falling from 20 stories

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jah_rastafar_I said:
Perhaps you can factor in that he fell unto some railings and not just on the bare concrete. From the article it mentioned part of his body fell unto the railings that caused his body parts to be severed.

That's where the experts need to come in whether the railings can such damage. If I remember my science, the terminal velocity is only 100+ kph.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Why are there so many people killing themselves? Wondering if this is only the tip of the iceberg and there are more unreported cases.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask Ramseth, he's good at dissecting bodies

It's most probably due to falling across open windows. It was a 20-storey fall. Not surprising across two open windows or more. Open-out windows instead of sliding (whether left-right or up-down) windows are the most stupid design in Singapore highrise even if suicide or accidental fall isn't taken into consideration. Nowhere else, uniquely only in in Singapore. Go take a tour around the world and see if you can refute that.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's where the experts need to come in whether the railings can such damage. If I remember my science, the terminal velocity is only 100+ kph.

Why not? He fell unto the railings which severed his body parts. It's like dropping a piece of meat unto something sharp or something with a small surface area like the railings and it'll break up the meat.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jah_rastafar_I said:
Why not? He fell unto the railings which severed his body parts. It's like dropping a piece of meat unto something sharp or something with a small surface area like the railings and it'll break up the meat.

My incomprehension is that the parts are scattered very far apart. You would expect the impact that broke the bones or joints would have very little strength left to tear away the flesh and send one piece the distance of some tens of meters away. This piece, is it the head? Anyone who has seen similar things before?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not qualified to undertake such a scholastic exercise.

lianbeng says sorry if any misunderstanding occurred. maybe u try dropping a flower pot from 20-storey lah then see how it gets smashed into pieces - maybe thats how he broke into 3 parts lor.:biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng said:
lianbeng says sorry if any misunderstanding occurred. maybe u try dropping a flower pot from 20-storey lah then see how it gets smashed into pieces - maybe thats how he broke into 3 parts lor.:biggrin:

A flower pot if you drop it from one storey, it will probably break into many pieces. For a man from 20-storey, you probably have to try something similar to a body. The short cut is to get a forensic expert who probably has a guide book on what actually to expect. I just find the situation somewhat strange.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A flower pot if you drop it from one storey, it will probably break into many pieces. For a man from 20-storey, you probably have to try something similar to a body. The short cut is to get a forensic expert who probably has a guide book on what actually to expect. I just find the situation somewhat strange.

nah..it is not strange...must consider the deceased weight plus the gravity pull..and and the railing the body fell on....viola...