• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

jw5

Loyal
Re: ^^^^^^^^^^^

Fryers is off to Spurs, Pogba to Juve and Welbeck & Nani wants more cash. What would you do if you were in Fergie's shoes?

I'd say put them up for sale. Dun make the same mistake you made with Berba as he is likely to walk free if they dun sell him this summer.

If I were in Fergie's shoes, I would offer Welbeck and Nani the contracts they are worth and sell them if they reject them.
I would also hint to the Glazers that they should put the club up for sale.
Those americans are bleeding the club dry, read a report that they put the club in debt and actually had the audacity to buy some of the debt at a higher interest rate than the original debt which they are servicing.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I were in Fergie's shoes, I would offer Welbeck and Nani the contracts they are worth and sell them if they reject them.
I would also hint to the Glazers that they should put the club up for sale.
Those americans are bleeding the club dry, read a report that they put the club in debt and actually had the audacity to buy some of the debt at a higher interest rate than the original debt which they are servicing.

I fear the avenues and options open to the club to raise funds are narrowing by the the day. I doubt very much they will do a main listing in London this year. it will go on until we hit a brick wall and who knows we may just be the next Rangers in the premier league. That would be a colossal failure.

I noticed all the 'black' players are demanding wage hikes. Is there a wage disparity between blacks and whites? Dun mean to be racist but I've always believed that the remuneration at the club is based on performance and ability.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Drop the hefty price tag on Gaitan and look elsewhere. Both buyer and seller are in desperate need for cash. Look around and you'll uncover some gems or visit sammyboy forum for tips.:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal

I fear the avenues and options open to the club to raise funds are narrowing by the the day. I doubt very much they will do a main listing in London this year. it will go on until we hit a brick wall and who knows we may just be the next Rangers in the premier league. That would be a colossal failure.

I noticed all the 'black' players are demanding wage hikes. Is there a wage disparity between blacks and whites? Dun mean to be racist but I've always believed that the remuneration at the club is based on performance and ability.

Don't think there is a disparity.
Smalling, Evra, Ferdinand, Valencia, etc all not clamouring for wage hikes. Ferdinand possibly number 2 wage earner after Rooney.
It was reported that Welbeck was offered a contract almost similar to Jones or Smalling, but he wanted more. Perhaps he thought striker should get more. Nani wants what Rooney and Ferdinand are getting, both of whom are vastly overpaid.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't think there is a disparity.
Smalling, Evra, Ferdinand, Valencia, etc all not clamouring for wage hikes. Ferdinand possibly number 2 wage earner after Rooney.
It was reported that Welbeck was offered a contract almost similar to Jones or Smalling, but he wanted more. Perhaps he thought striker should get more. Nani wants what Rooney and Ferdinand are getting, both of whom are vastly overpaid.

Ravel Morrison, Fryers and Welbeck were the ones demanding wage increases at right about the same time. Nani and his agent as usual has been using the media to do their bidding. Evra's contract extension was settled last year and the rest were pretty contented with their present package.

Now that Welbeck's buddies Fryers and Morrison are gone, I wonder if he's the next one to leave. Whatever it is, MU should pay the player for what he's worth.

jw5

Loyal

Ravel Morrison, Fryers and Welbeck were the ones demanding wage increases at right about the same time. Nani and his agent as usual has been using the media to do their bidding. Evra's contract extension was settled last year and the rest were pretty contented with their present package.

Now that Welbeck's buddies Fryers and Morrison are gone, I wonder if he's the next one to leave. Whatever it is, MU should pay the player for what he's worth.

Fergie is an arrogant and stubborn old fart, but I'm quite sure he doesn't discriminate in that way. He only wants the players to play well and obey him, other things he doesn't bother. Morrison was going to be sold because of his behaviour. Fryers possibly because he hardly played in the first team, Fergie has this habit of wanting the young players to prove themselves first.

Anyway, don't think Morrison and Fryers are Welbeck's mates, he's closer to the players from the previous England under 21 team.
ESPN news showed him reporting for England training with Joe Hart and Milner, ok they probably all live in Manchester, but it's reported these are his better buddies.

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nem-Vidic_2279598g.jpg

Vidic winning fitness race
Sir Alex Ferguson expects Nemanja Vidic to start the season after returning to training following surgery.

suarez_2279604g.jpg

Suarez reignites race row with attack on United
Liverpool forward claims he was victim of "political power" of Man United during his race row with Patrice Evra.

rio-ferdinand_2279172g.jpg

Ferdinand admits he's not thinking of England

Rio Ferdinand raises doubts over England future by admitting he isn't thinking about adding to his 81 caps.

lad-texting_2278992g.jpg

Manchester United on tour

ferdinand_2177163g.jpg

Man United top Forbes rich list
Manchester United rated the world's most valuable sports team by American business magazineForbes.

Vidic fit for new season
Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic set to be fit for new season but Jonny Evans remains a serious doubt.

Ferdinand joins United tour
Defender joins tour to South Africa as FA investigate 'choc-ice' tweet in wake of John Terry trial.

Berbatov told he can leave for £5m
Dimitar Berbatov claims he has been told he can leave Old Trafford for a set price, but insists he has not been told why he has no future at Old Trafford.

FA probe Ferdinand 'choc-ice' remark
Football Association will investigate whether Rio Ferdinand reignited the controversy over Terry case.

Ferdinand defends 'choc ice' tweet
Rio Ferdinand has defended his tweet which referred to Ashley Cole as a "choc ice", insisting it was not a racist term.

Setback for Manchester Utd's IPO
Manchester United's US flotation has been thrown into doubt after American investors spoke out against the initial public offering.

Ferdinand reignites Terry race row
Manchester United defender appears to endorse accusation that Ashley Cole is a race traitor on Twitter.

Kagawa: I can handle the pressure
Shinji Kagawa is confident he has the mental strength to cope with attention of being Japan's first Man United player.

Ferguson: United will stand by Fletcher
Man Utd manager says midfielder has 'great challenge ahead' as he continues recovery from chronic bowel complaint.

Fergie welcomes Powell and Kagawa
Sir Alex Ferguson unveils his two summer signings, England Under-18 international Nick Powell and Shinji Kagawa, who has signed this summer from German double-winners Borussia Dortmund.

jw5

Loyal
Kagawa: I can handle the pressure
Shinji Kagawa is confident he has the mental strength to cope with attention of being Japan's first Man United player.

Then how come u dare not take the number 7 shirt offered to you and instead took number 26? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then how come u dare not take the number 7 shirt offered to you and instead took number 26? :biggrin:

Newbie at OT must be humble mah. Want to impress SAF on the pitch and not by talk or accepting jersey. :biggrin:

Ooi!!! I don't want to warm up the bench! Fcuk off Lewan!

Xi2Wm.jpg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fella is quite a player. If the Benfica is asking for 25 million pound for Gaitan, they might as well throw in another 5 million pounds for this Brazilian. Forget the Argentinian.

[video=youtube;bL4_xKrs2Xw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL4_xKrs2Xw[/video]

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Manchester United announce share sale following record £200m shirt deal with US carmaker Chevrolet

The Glazer family have issued a notice of intent to sell just over 10 per cent of Manchester United on the New York Stock Exchange.

Ryan-Giggs_2293288b.jpg

Chevy duty: Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs next to a car made by new shirt sponsors Chevrolet

By Mark Ogden

11:45PM BST 30 Jul 2012

The news comes on the day United confirmed they have surpassed Barcelona’s £125 million world record shirt sponsorship deal with the Qatar Foundation by striking a seven-year agreement with Chevrolet believed to be worth in the region of £200 million.

An announcement of the share’s sale was made last night and confirms an intention to raise around $300 million (£191 million).

However, there does appear to have been a significant shift in how the proceeds will be used.

Previously, it was suggested the entire sum would be used to pay off United’s massive debt, that currently stands at over £400 million.

However, the prospectus released to accompany Monday night’s announcement indicates only half the money will be used in that way, with the rest going directly to the family.

If that proves to be the case it will provoke fury among the United support, who have already seen vast amounts of cash disappear in various charges following the Glazer family takeover in 2005.

United, whose current £20 million-a-year shirt deal with the American insurance giant Aon still has two seasons to run, had earlier announced they will begin their partnership with Chevrolet, who signed a lower-level partnership deal with United just six weeks ago, in the 2014-15 campaign.

The agreement with US car manufacturer General Motors, owners of Chevrolet, could have been significant in terms of raising awareness of the club, and confidence in their financial situation, ahead of the flotation.

United’s agreement takes the club to the top of the shirt-deal table ahead of Barcelona and Bayern Munich, whose agreement with Deutsche Telekom is worth an annual £23 million.

Exact figures have not been disclosed by United or Chevrolet, but it is understood the deal is worth in the region of £28 million a year and that it was accelerated by General Motors following the impact of United’s visit to China last week for the Chevrolet Cup match against Shanghai Shenhua in Shanghai.

Aon, who paid almost half of the £80 million sponsorship fee to United in the first year of their agreement, did not table a rival offer to Chevrolet to extend their deal, but they are to continue their association with United through the club’s charitable foundation.

United commercial director Richard Arnold said: “This is a fantastic, long-term deal for the club.”

jw5

Loyal
From espnsoccernet

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has issued a statement denying that he would receive any payment following the upcoming sale of shares in the club.

There had been some suggestions that Ferguson, who has been supportive of the Glazer ownership at Old Trafford, would financially benefit from the sale of shares, as part of a potential payment to "senior employees".

The Scottish manager, though, has moved quickly to deny the claims in a statement released on Thursday afternoon, adding that the suggestion "insults" him after 25 years at the club.

The statement read: "Being aware of the media coverage that is currently ongoing I felt, on this occasion, that I should make my position clear to the Manchester United fans.

"In regards to suggestions that I have praised the Glazer Family because I stand to financially benefit from the proposed IPO, there is not a single grain of truth in this allegation. I do not receive any payments, directly or indirectly, from the IPO.

"Ultimately, I run the football side of this club and in order to do this, you need backing from above.

"The Glazer family have let me get on with my job, there is no interference or obstruction, only support.

"My decisions and beliefs are not based around what is best for my personal financial gain. That is an accusation that insults me. If that was the case, I would have left Old Trafford a long time ago.

"I am speaking out because I do not want a situation to develop whereby the media and other parties create a rift, however small, between myself and any Manchester United fan. I've spent 25 years of my life pushing this club forward and not only could I not have done it without those fans, I do it for them."

jw5

Loyal
From espnsoccernet

United close in on Lucas Moura

ESPN understands Manchester United are to set clinch the £30 million signing of Brazil's Lucas Moura.

Moura, 19, has been strongly linked with a move to United and their rivals Manchester City, while Inter Milan have recently been suggested as an interested party.

This week, Sao Paulo moved to play down speculation that the winger was poised to join City, and also rejected claims that an offer had been received from Inter.

United are now the favourites to sign Moura, who, it is understood, will receive 30% of the transfer fee.

A source told ESPN: "Sir Alex is keen to push through the signing of the young winger and United will have to pay £30 million to get him."

Lucas is currently representing Brazil at the 2012 Olympics, with the forward coming on in the second half of his side's 3-2 quarter-final win over Honduras.

United also remain in the hunt for Arsenal's Robin van Persie, although it remains to be seen if the Red Devils will meet the Gunners' asking price of offers in excess of £20 million.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
From espnsoccernet

United close in on Lucas Moura

ESPN understands Manchester United are to set clinch the £30 million signing of Brazil's Lucas Moura.

Moura, 19, has been strongly linked with a move to United and their rivals Manchester City, while Inter Milan have recently been suggested as an interested party.

This week, Sao Paulo moved to play down speculation that the winger was poised to join City, and also rejected claims that an offer had been received from Inter.

United are now the favourites to sign Moura, who, it is understood, will receive 30% of the transfer fee.

A source told ESPN: "Sir Alex is keen to push through the signing of the young winger and United will have to pay £30 million to get him."

Lucas is currently representing Brazil at the 2012 Olympics, with the forward coming on in the second half of his side's 3-2 quarter-final win over Honduras.

United also remain in the hunt for Arsenal's Robin van Persie, although it remains to be seen if the Red Devils will meet the Gunners' asking price of offers in excess of £20 million.

We will know shortly if Lucas becomes a United Player. As far as RVP is concerned, he's a City player and he's still a super long shot to land at OT. Let's wait n see if City takes the bait.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 weeks to go before new EPL season. No sign of new faces apart from Kagawa and Powell. If the agents of Lucas insist on the 6 million pound cut, United would be better off looking elsewhere and fast.

Lewandowski

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bye bye Moura

200890_thumb.jpg

'The game's gone mad!' - Sir Alex Ferguson 'amazed' by PSG's big-money move for Lucas Moura
The Manchester United boss has expressed his disbelief at the spending power of Carlo Ancelotti's side after the Ligue 1 outfit won the race to sign the highly-rated Brazilian