• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
DM simply doesn't understand his contractual obligation and responsibility. Not sure what Mendez has told the player. Allegations by Real and Ancellotti that he left the Spanish club for more money is true and most Man U faithful already knew that. It is likely that PSG will be his final stopover as I can't see any club would be stupid enough to bid for him.

The 44.3 million pound tag is fair value. His 60 million pound acquisition priced over 4 years works out to be 15 million per year. If he had stayed for another year and assuming performance remains unchanged, it would have dropped to 30 million pounds. Herein lies the conundrum-do you keep him or sell him and cut your losses. LVG didn't think he could fit in and perform. Including wages(150K), the club has lost 23 million pounds on the player.

One would have thought that they'd learned from this mistake but they're still trying to poach one of the galacticos from REAL. It's time that the board of directors step in and stop the ridicule and tell LVG to stop daydreaming.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Methinks Cillissen is on his way as our third choice keeper has been informed that he's free to leave.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Methinks Cillissen is on his way as our third choice keeper has been informed that he's free to leave.
Aye, man between the twin posts. :p

David De Gea latest: Louis van Gaal wants goalkeeper sold to Real Madrid so Jasper Cillessen can be signed before Saturday

Manchester United manager wants long-running saga resolved before first match of the season

SIMON RICE Sunday 02 August 2015 http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-can-be-signed-before-saturday-10433093.html

Louis van Gaal has reportedly told Manchester United officials to "unlock" negotiations with Real Madrid so that David De Gea can be sold and Jasper Cillessen be brought in to replace him.

According to Spanish publication AS, De Gea's below-par performance in the pre-season friendly defeat to PSG has caused Van Gaal serious concern with fears the long-running transfer saga is distracting the goalkeeper from his game.

Van Gaal recently expressed his frustration: “We have a situation on our hands that is not good for the player, not good for us and not good for the club where the player wants to move to”.

Wary that the tug of war between Manchester United and Real Madrid could be a distraction and that the exit of De Gea after the season has begun potentially destabilising, Van Gaal has reportedly asked that negotiations be "unlocked" and that officials end the battle and sell De Gea.

Van Gaal wants to move quickly for Netherlands international Cillessen who has been identified as a worthy replacement for De Gea. Ideally, Van Gaal would have Cillessen in place before Manchester United's first match of the season, against Tottenham on Saturday.

Executive vice-chairman and chief negotiator Ed Woodward is understood to be against letting De Gea leave, unless Sergio Ramos comes in the other direction. He believes allowing one of the club's best players to leave for the Bernabeu, again, would weaken United's standing as one of the world's biggest clubs.

Manchester United potential arrivals and exits - August

INCOMING: Sergio Ramos (Manchester United)
Next INCOMING: Sergio Ramos (Manchester United)Edinson Cavani (PSG)Jasper Cillessen (Ajax)Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich)Nicolas Otamendi (Valencia)Gareth Bale

EXITS: Angel Di MariaDavid De Gea, Jonny Evans, Javier Hernandez

It's a financially risky position considering De Gea' contract has just a year to run. If the Spain international remains at Old Trafford he can leave for nothing in 12 months rather than be sold for a fee potentially close to £30m.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no point signing players from Real or Barca............most of them lose motivation once they leave these 2 clubs..........once they leave these 2 clubs, any other club is seen as a step down..........

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Premature to hedge your bets yet. See all the so called pundits' predictions and analyses of top teams.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33764700

Premier League: BBC Sport asks 'who will be the champions?'

By Chris Bevan
BBC Sport

The Premier League starts again on Saturday, with Chelsea defending the title they won by eight points last season.
Who will win it this time? We asked 28 BBC TV and radio pundits, presenters and commentators for their one-two-three-four prediction ahead of the new campaign, and for an explanation of their selection

And extract for red devils below :p

Can Man Utd mount a title challenge?

Van Gaal steered United to fourth place in his first season in charge at Old Trafford
Two out of 29 BBC experts backed United to win the title last season - but nobody else thought they would make the top two and 14 people thought they would miss out on the top four. This time, 16 people think they will finish at least third and no-one thinks they will finish lower than fourth.

Dion Dublin: Yes. I've backed them to win it because it has been far too long, but also because the pressure is now on Louis van Gaal to win things and I think Wayne Rooney will be the man to deliver for him - United as a club thrive off pressure.

Ruud Gullit: No. I am surprised they have not strengthened their defence more already - I don't get it. Louis van Gaal did the same last year, when he brought in a lot of forward players. If building a squad is like building a house, he started with the roof instead of the foundations and it did not go well. This year, he has done the same again. It surprises me that he has confidence in his existing players at the back.

Kevin Kilbane: No. In pre-season Van Gaal has been playing Daley Blind at centre-half. That is all well and good in friendlies when United have lots of possession because he is excellent on the ball but, in games against the top teams, I think they could get caught out for pace on the counter-attack. They look vulnerable.

Match of the Day commentator Jonathan Pearce: No. They lack a dominant centre-back and will rely too much on Rooney for goals. Selling Robin Van Persie was a mistake. This team is still at the building stage. Unless Van Gaal provides more entertaining football, the supporters - who have been very lenient so far - will turn on him.

'How realistic is Ronaldo Man Utd return?'

Pat Nevin: Making a decision on this now before the end of the transfer window is silly because I suspect United will be a lot stronger and plug a couple of gaps. If they get an extra centre-half in and maybe a centre-forward, then it would make a big difference and I would put them up in second place. If they don't, I think they are still third or fourth.

Mark Lawrenson: I think United might have a 'blow you out of the water' transfer left in them this summer, I really do. I just have a feeling they might be able to prise Gareth Bale or Cristiano Ronaldo away from Real Madrid, and that would make a massive difference to the title race.

Attachments

• 05-08-2015 5-15-29 PM.jpg
    05-08-2015 5-15-29 PM.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chase for iconic #7 :p

Manchester United news: Memphis Depay keen to take No 7 shirt from Angel Di Maria
Depay has expressed his deisre to take iconic shirt, but needs Argentine's move to Paris Saint-Germain to go through by midday on Friday

Memphis Depay - Wants to to take No 7 shirt from Angel Di Maria
depay_action_3398708b.jpg

Memphis Depay is ready to shoulder the burden of wearing Manchester United’s iconic number seven shirt after telling Louis van Gaal that he wants to succeed Angel di Maria in the jersey.

Di Maria did not have as much success wearing 7 as Cantona, Beckham or Ronaldo. Premier League clubs must submit their squad numbers for the new season by midday on Friday, but United have yet to finalise their list due to Di Maria’s protracted medical ahead of his proposed £44.3m transfer to Paris Saint-Germain.

Depay hopes to swap 9 for 7 before the beginning of the season. Depay, who will wear the name ‘Memphis’ on his shirt at United, is set to be assigned the number seven if Di Maria’s move is completed, as expected, before Friday morning.

The Dutch forward, a £25m summer signing from PSV Eindhoven, has made it clear that he would relish the opportunity to follow the likes of Eric Cantona, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo as United’s number seven.

However, if Di Maria’s move fails to be resolved before the 12 noon on Friday, Depay is likely to have to settle for the number nine shirt vacated by Radamel Falcao following his loan spell at Old Trafford last season.

Meanwhile, former United midfielder Beckham issued a reminder of his six-year spell in the number seven shirt by posting a picture of himself wearing the club’s new adidas kit, with Beckham 7 on the back, on his Instagram account on Thursday.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

The short answer to that is NO. If they dun fix the CD issue, they're not going to win the Mickey Mouse cup, let alone EPL. For all his number crunching ability, I'm surprised that LVG cannot see the liabilities of the two center backs we have currently. Throw in the goalkeeping issue, we have the perfect freeway for any opponent.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Premature to hedge your bets yet. See all the so called pundits' predictions and analyses of top teams.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33764700

Premier League: BBC Sport asks 'who will be the champions?'

By Chris Bevan
BBC Sport

The Premier League starts again on Saturday, with Chelsea defending the title they won by eight points last season.
Who will win it this time? We asked 28 BBC TV and radio pundits, presenters and commentators for their one-two-three-four prediction ahead of the new campaign, and for an explanation of their selection

And extract for red devils below :p

Van Gaal steered United to fourth place in his first season in charge at Old Trafford
Two out of 29 BBC experts backed United to win the title last season - but nobody else thought they would make the top two and 14 people thought they would miss out on the top four. This time, 16 people think they will finish at least third and no-one thinks they will finish lower than fourth.

Dion Dublin: Yes. I've backed them to win it because it has been far too long, but also because the pressure is now on Louis van Gaal to win things and I think Wayne Rooney will be the man to deliver for him - United as a club thrive off pressure.

Ruud Gullit: No. I am surprised they have not strengthened their defence more already - I don't get it. Louis van Gaal did the same last year, when he brought in a lot of forward players. If building a squad is like building a house, he started with the roof instead of the foundations and it did not go well. This year, he has done the same again. It surprises me that he has confidence in his existing players at the back.

Kevin Kilbane: No. In pre-season Van Gaal has been playing Daley Blind at centre-half. That is all well and good in friendlies when United have lots of possession because he is excellent on the ball but, in games against the top teams, I think they could get caught out for pace on the counter-attack. They look vulnerable.

Match of the Day commentator Jonathan Pearce: No. They lack a dominant centre-back and will rely too much on Rooney for goals. Selling Robin Van Persie was a mistake. This team is still at the building stage. Unless Van Gaal provides more entertaining football, the supporters - who have been very lenient so far - will turn on him.

'How realistic is Ronaldo Man Utd return?'

Pat Nevin: Making a decision on this now before the end of the transfer window is silly because I suspect United will be a lot stronger and plug a couple of gaps. If they get an extra centre-half in and maybe a centre-forward, then it would make a big difference and I would put them up in second place. If they don't, I think they are still third or fourth.

Mark Lawrenson: I think United might have a 'blow you out of the water' transfer left in them this summer, I really do. I just have a feeling they might be able to prise Gareth Bale or Cristiano Ronaldo away from Real Madrid, and that would make a massive difference to the title race.

Liverpool will nick this.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
no point signing players from Real or Barca............most of them lose motivation once they leave these 2 clubs..........once they leave these 2 clubs, any other club is seen as a step down..........

Not every player wants to play for these clubs. Some of the Barca players from the B team are not going to see first team football and they're only 18,19,20 years of age. Are they bad? Certainly not. The bar has been set too high for them but if given competitive regular football they may reach that level someday.
The attraction to Spain is in part due to the sheer size of the market and the nice sunny weather they have throughout the year.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some of the Barca players from the B team are not going to see first team football and they're only 18,19,20 years of age. ...bar has been set too high for them but if given competitive regular football they may reach that level someday.
The attraction to Spain is in part due to the sheer size of the market and the nice sunny weather
Well put. Harsh reality is that both RM & Barca are good hunting grounds for footy's slave trade. :p

Liverpool will nick this.
Nah, personally doubt if the scousers will. Even if BR is a decent coach, and given a new lease of life at Anfiled.

The short answer to that is NO. If they dun fix the CD issue, they're not going to win the Mickey Mouse cup, let alone EPL. For all his number crunching ability...LVG cannot see the liabilities of the two center backs we have currently. Throw in the goalkeeping issue, we have the perfect freeway for any opponent.
Rear end frailties, evident in recent US tour. Hope springs eternal. Let's see if we get a good start off sat 8/8 home to Spurs. :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Champions League draw: Man Utd v Club Brugge, Celtic v Malmo

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33811524

Manchester United will play Belgium's Club Brugge and Celtic have been drawn against Swedish side Malmo in the Champions League play-off round.

Brugge finished top of the Belgian league last season but were second in the title play-offs, while Malmo are sixth in the Swedish league.

The first legs of the play-off ties will take place on 18-19 August, with the second matches on 25-26 August. Southampton face Danes FC Midtjylland in the Europa League play-off round.
Ronald Koeman's side, who beat Vitesse Arnhem in the last round, are at home for the first leg on 20 August, before travelling to Denmark a week later.

The winners of the Champions League and Europa League play-off rounds will progress to the group stages of their respective competitions.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
David De Gea: Man Utd keeper to sit out Tottenham match

Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea will not play against Tottenham on Saturday as he continues to be linked with a move to Real Madrid.

Speculation over the future of the 24-year-old, who reportedly wants to move to Real, has persisted all summer.

"I think about the human being more than the player and I don't think he can handle that," said Red Devils boss Louis van Gaal.

New signing Sergio Romero is likely to start the Premier League season-opener.
Van Gaal could select 31-year-old Anders Lindegaard or Sam Johnstone, 22. Both travelled on the US tour, but neither played for United last season.

United also have Victor Valdes, but the 33-year-old Spaniard has been made available for transfer after Van Gaal claimed he "refused to play" in the reserves. De Gea has made 175 appearances since joining United from Real's city rivals Atletico Madrid in 2011.

United are believed to be holding out for a deal that includes Real defender Sergio Ramos coming to Old Trafford.

Football not like maths: Di Maria on exit

Angel Di Maria has written an open letter to United supporters, following his £44.3m move to Paris St-Germain.
The 27-year-old Argentina midfielder conceded his one season at Old Trafford "did not go well".
"I can guarantee you it was not for trying," he said in his letter.
"I did my best but football is not like maths: often a lot of things out of our control affect the way we feel and the way things turn out.
"I am sorry it did not work out as I would have wished in this amazing, huge club."

Van Gaal, who will reportedly sign Barcelona's Pedro as a replacement, said Di Maria's exit would be a "big loss". But the United boss suggested Di Maria may have struggled to adapt to life in the Premier League.

"I want more attackers with speed and creativity," he said. "Di Maria is one of those players so we have to look for that kind of player, but they have to have the talent to cope with the English rhythm and that's difficult to find.
"That's why players are not having success in this competition - because of the rhythm of the game and the English culture is a different culture to the Latin culture."

New deal for Young
Red Devils winger Ashley Young has signed a new deal until 2018, with the option of a further year.
The 30-year-old England international has made 115 appearances and scored 13 goals since joining from Aston Villa for a reported £17m in 2011.

Van Gaal described Young as a "multi-functional player" who "flourished" last season.
Young said: "The spirit and motivation amongst this team is very high and we are all determined to make this a season to remember."

Is Schweinsteiger fit?
New signing Bastian Schweinsteiger will not play against Spurs, with Van Gaal saying he lacks match fitness.

There were concerns raised over the German's condition after Pep Guardiola, his boss at Bayern Munich, said the 31-year-old midfielder had not been fully fit for three years.

"Schweinsteiger came to us at the last moment, out of his holidays," said Van Gaal.
"I don't think he's fit enough, so we have to build him to the fitness I think he needs."
Argentina defender Marcos Rojo is also not expected to start against Spurs.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33816902

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tonight opener, home to Spurs ...how? :p Preview of match

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33744640

Barclays Premier League
Venue: Old Trafford Date: Saturday, 8 August

TEAM NEWS
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea will not play against Spurs amid ongoing interest from Real Madrid.

Bastian Schweinsteiger and Marcos Rojo are not considered fit enough but there could be debuts for Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin and Matteo Darmian.

Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris could start after returning from a fractured wrist in the midweek friendly win over AC Milan. Toby Alderweireld, Kevin Wimmer and Kieran Trippier may feature in defence. Ryan Mason, Roberto Soldado and Andros Townsend are all fitness doubts.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Guy Mowbray: "The fact that Spurs were keen to move this game to Sunday suggests the start of the season has come too soon for them, even if by just 24 hours.
"Having crammed their pre-season games into nine days before the big kick-off, there could be a danger of being 'undercooked' on day one against a United side that had their preparation matches wrapped up before Spurs had started.
"It's by and large been another successful summer for Louis van Gaal's team, but another failure to take that momentum into the season proper will leave him mightily unimpressed.
"With new signings having cost around £80m and counting, a good start is imperative."

Lawro's prediction
"I am not expecting a repeat of the opening day of last season when United started poorly and lost at home to Swansea."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal: "I think that we are far better now than last year when we started, so I have a lot of confidence, "When we play in the same style and at the same level as the last six months of last season, then we can make a good year.
"It's not easy for De Gea to manage his situation. I think the human being is more than only the player and I don't think he can manage that."

Tottenham head coach Mauricio Pochettino on playing two pre-season friendlies in midweek: "Two games was not too much. We shared minutes in the squad. When you play AC Milan or Madrid you need to be focused and aware. It is like you have started the season a week before. Two games was a very good test for us.

"For us it is better to start with Manchester United at Old Trafford. We arrive from Munich and played Real Madrid and AC Milan, so we are fit to compete."

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
Manchester United beat Tottenham for the first time in six Premier League games with an impressive 3-0 victory at Old Trafford when the sides last met in March.
Spurs have won only five of their 46 Premier League games against United. However, their two victories at Old Trafford in that period both came in the last three seasons.

Manchester United
Manchester United lost at home on the opening weekend for the first time since 1972-73 when beaten by Swansea last season. Louis van Gaal's side finished fourth in 2014-15 with 70 points - three places and six points better off than the previous year. Van Gaal used a league-high 33 players last season.

Wayne Rooney has scored six goals on the opening weekend, more than any other current Premier League player. He has scored 10 goals in 15 league appearances for United against Spurs.
Rooney has scored 170 league goals for United and needs one more to move alongside Denis Law in joint-third of the club's all-time list.

Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs could win their opening match in three consecutive top-flight seasons for the first time in the Premier League era.
They finished in the top six in 2014-15 for the sixth season in a row.
Tottenham had the youngest average starting line-up in the Premier League last season, aged 24 years and 281 days.

Only four clubs conceded more goals than Tottenham's 53 in the Premier League last season.
Harry Kane's 21 Premier League goals equalled Tottenham's club record for most goals in a single campaign, level with Teddy Sheringham, Jurgen Klinsmann and Gareth Bale.
Kane's goals earned his team 24 points, more than any other player in the Premier League last season.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd: Louis van Gaal still has work to do despite opening day win

By Chris Bevan
BBC Sport at Old Trafford. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33838602

He is hardly back to square one but, with his second season as Manchester United manager a few hours old, it is clear that Louis van Gaal still has much to ponder.

This time last year, in the Dutchman's first game in charge, United suffered an opening-day defeat against Swansea that contained clear signs of the issues that would haunt him all season.

The result was far better this time around, but the unconvincing nature of Saturday's 1-0 win over Tottenham was similar in that it showed the scale of the job still facing him.

Van Gaal is no longer the new manager on the block but his new-look team have not resolved all of their old problems. And they have some fresh ones to address, too.

This is Van Gaal's team now
line up 10.8.jpg

There is no way the Dutchman can be accused of standing still. Comparing his line-up against Spurs to the XI he picked against Swansea offers the clearest evidence of how much United have evolved under him in the last 12 months.

Only four players - Chris Smalling, Ashley Young, Juan Mata and Wayne Rooney - played in both games. And while Van Gaal's 2014 team contained only one of his signings - Ander Herrera - he started with six of them on Saturday and handed debuts to five players in total when you include Bastian Schweinsteiger, who was only fit enough to come off the bench.

Van Gaal has spent more than £220m in just over 14 months in charge, and seems to be unconcerned by ignoring his, and United's, long-held reputation for rearing talent from within.
United's starting XI v Tottenham was the first time in the 23-year history of the Premier League that they have not selected a single home-grown player for their opening game of the season. The academy products in their first-team squad all appear to be fringe players at best.

United are still uncertain defensively
They were far better at the back against Spurs than they were against Swansea, when the untried Tyler Blackett joined Smalling and Phil Jones in a makeshift back three that was the first of many experiments Van Gaal would try with his defence.

This year, United operated with a back four, which was protected well by the axis of Michael Carrick and Morgan Schneiderlin.

Smalling looked solid enough as the right-sided centre-half next to the impressive Matteo Darmian, who did well enough at right-back to be picked out by Van Gaal as the best of his debutants.
But Smalling's central defensive partner Daley Blind looked less convincing, especially under pressure. His distribution - normally one of his strengths - let him down and it will also be interesting to see how Blind copes against teams who pose more of an aerial threat than Spurs.
Realistically, it is doubtful that Smalling and Blind are Van Gaal's preferred pairing for the future any more than Blackett, Smalling and Jones were as a trio.

Whatever happens, Van Gaal also has to resolve his goalkeeping situation, which at present appears to be his greatest unknown. Last year, David De Gea was the rock who saved United time and again when their defence faltered.

At present, he is so affected by Real Madrid's interest that he is not being considered for selection and watched the action from the Old Trafford directors' box alongside two other out-of-favour United keepers - Victor Valdes and Anders Lindegaard.

Van Gaal will not be able to build a true defensive unit until he knows who his last line of defence will be and, again, that looks unlikely to be the current incumbent, despite Sergio Romero's competent debut against Spurs.

So, the question is will he keep experimenting with his existing defenders to find a partnership that works or will he bring in someone new in the next three weeks.

United's forward line lacking again
Robin van Persie was absent against Swansea a year ago because he had returned late from the World Cup. And United were without him again on Saturday, in what is obviously a more permanent arrangement since his departure to Fenerbahce.

Against Spurs, their attacking display did little to support the argument that they do not need a replacement striker, or at least attacking reinforcements.

Memphis Depay looked lively behind Wayne Rooney, and Juan Mata was neat and tidy in possession. But, despite Ashley Young's willingness to try, all three of United's attacking midfielders lacked the pace and/or the ability to drive at defenders with the ball in a way that could cause Tottenham problems - in the way, say, the recently departed Angel Di Maria does at his best.

Rooney himself was effective enough up front but the feeling persists he is better as a number 10, with licence to roam and with an out-and-out striker in front of him. He is good enough to prove people wrong but United will have to provide him with better service than they did against Spurs, when his only clear-cut chance led to Kyle Walker's unfortunate own goal.

Van Gaal was right to point out that his side pressing high up the pitch led to Spurs giving the ball away in dangerous areas, but their lack of end product must have concerned him.

It says a lot about United's attacking display that they took until the 28th minute to manage a shot at goal and until the 65th minute to get one on target, a low strike by Ashley Young that forced Michel Vorm into his only save of the match.

As with United's defence, even if no new attacking personnel arrive before the transfer window shuts at the end of August, a big improvement is needed.

New signings - and big decisions to come
A striking similarity with this stage of last season is that it does not appear Van Gaal knows his strongest XI yet. This time it is because of the number of signings he has made rather than because he is still to assess the players he inherited.

But it is also still the case that more acquisitions look necessary if United are to have a chance of being champions again for the first time since 2013.

Van Gaal has money to spend if he decides he needs to add to his squad
Van Gaal has the funds to make those purchases, which might sound like a positive on paper, but what happened in August 2014 should serve as a huge warning that expensive new recruits might not be the answer.

Di Maria, for a British record £59.7m fee, and Radamel Falcao, who cost £6m to loan and £265,000 a week in wages, both arrived after the opening day and both have already departed, to be remembered as expensive flops.

United cannot afford any more dud moves. They are off to a winning start this time, but they are still a work in progress and Van Gaal has some big decisions ahead.

He has to get them right, because the biggest difference to 12 months ago is that he is expected to mount the title challenge that failed to materialise in his first campaign in charge.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest on drawing board :biggrin:

Manchester United transfer news: Pedro medical, Lucas Biglia agrees terms, Harry Kane in talks

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/11/manch...ms-harry-kane-in-talks-5335540/#ixzz3iSn9Xyv6

Louis van Gaal’s made five signings already this summer but he’s keen to bring in at least two more players before the transfer window closes in three weeks time.

The Manchester United boss kicked off the Red Devils’ Premier League with a 1-0 win against Tottenham but doubts remain over David De Gea’s future at the club, while Van Gaal’s keen to replace Angel Di Maria.

The Red Devils have spent around £78million this summer but they have just under half of their £150m budget left – while there’s a special emergency kitty for ‘exceptional’ players that could become available.

Here’s all the latest transfer talk from Old Trafford:

Pedro completes first part of Man United medical – report
Barcelona forward Pedro has completed the first stages of his medical ahead of a £24.7m move to Old Trafford.
The Spanish winger is expected to complete his move to the Red Devils this week, though he might feature in tomorrow’s Super Cup tie in Neymar’s absence.

Van Gaal is keen to replace Di Maria with Pedro and it looks as though the deal is just days away.

Lucas Biglia could leave Lazio this summer (Picture:Getty)
biglia.jpg

United agree four-year deal with Lucas Biglia – report
Having had a £17m rejected last month, United have now agreed personal terms with Lazio midfielder Biglia.
The 29-year-old fueled talk that he was on the move last week by admitting he could leave the Serie A giants and he’s now agreed a bumper contract with the Red Devils.

Van Gaal’s side still have to agree a fee for the midfidler, with Lazio holding out for £28.3m, but they know Biglia wants the move having agreed terms.

Red Devils open talks with Harry Kane – report
It’s the one deal that Van Gaal is desperate to complete this summer and the Red Devils could be getting closer after it emerged that they have opened preliminary talks.
The 21-year-old scored an incredible 31 goals last season and Van Gaal praised the striker in the run-up to United’s victory over Spurs yesterday.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy drives a hard bargain and would want around £45m for the forward but Van Gaal is desperate to complete the deal.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gambit over DG soon over? Help balance cheque books for enlistments :p

Real Madrid submit final £21.2m bid for Man United keeper David De Gea
REAL MADRID have submitted a take-it-or-leave-it £21.2m bid for David De Gea.

That's according to American news network ABC, who claim Manchester United have now been told to make a final decision on his future.

De Gea, 24, is out of contract at the end of this season and would be available on a free if he doesn't sign a new deal.

Super-agent Jorge Mendes is adamant the Spaniard won't agree a contract extension and is desperate to push through the move this summer.

Madrid have reportedly made the offer of £17.7m up front with a further £3.5m in instalments.

But it's claimed United are holding out for £24.75m in one lump sum before they agree a sale.

Real Madrid have insisted they will sign De Gea for free next summer if United can't do a deal now.

The Bernabeu giants won't have to pay United a penny and are willing to hand the Spain No.1 a huge signing-on fee to join.

De Gea was dropped for the Tottenham clash because Louis van Gaal didn't deem him to be in the right mindset - but he's refused to rule out him playing for the club.

Van Gaal said: “Of course he could. “If he is still here on 1 September we will look again, but he cannot play before that because as a goalkeeper you need the highest concentration, and it is difficult when you are in a position like David.

"We saw in pre-season his focus was not quite there and we made the decision on Wednesday not to play him.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...-21-2m-bid-for-Man-United-keeper-David-De-Gea

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
IF Kane comes, I'm certain Utd will sell Hernandez to West Ham. As much as I like to see Hernandez stay, I simply cannot see how a fox in the box kind of striker will fit into LVG's system.

Not sure why they want Biglia. I guess they've rid themselves of all the deadwood and left with plenty of room for more players. CD and keeper should be top priority.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fixtures including CL test with Bruge, over next few weeks

FRI 14 AUG 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Aston Villa v Man Utd 19:45

TUE 18 AUG 2015 - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Man Utd v Club Brugge 19:45

SAT 22 AUG 2015 - PREMIER LEAGUE
Man Utd v Newcastle 12:45

WED 26 AUG 2015 - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Club Brugge v Man Utd 19:45

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
What were you thinking Mou!!!! She's the most watchable person on your bench. Eva, please come to United. Fans and players will appreciate you better than that dick.

***************************************************************************************************************

Eva Carneiro is BANNED from Chelsea matches and training after angering Jose Mourinho by rushing onto the pitch to treat 'tired' player

She has become one of the most recognisable faces on Premier League benches, the woman doctor who Chelsea have relied upon to treat their injured players.

But in the space of only four days, Eva Carneiro's relationship with Jose Mourinho has deteriorated so badly that we may not see her again.

On Saturday, Carneiro and her colleague Jon Fearn angered the Chelsea manager by rushing on to the pitch to tend to Eden Hazard near the end of the 2-2 draw with Swansea.......

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-medical-team-Swansea-draw.html#ixzz3iayovL4X