• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Van Gaal loses confidence of senior United players who want Mourinho
• Thursday’s Europa League defeat deepens concerns about Dutchman
• Group of senior players uneasy about tactics and training, Guardian learns

Thursday’s dismal 2-1 defeat at Midtjylland in the Europa League last-32 first leg has increased concerns among the players that Louis van Gaal will be unable to turn round Manchester United’s fortunes.

Louis van Gaal has lost the confidence of a group of senior Manchester Unitedplayers and José Mourinho is their preferred option as his replacement.

Manchester United’s malaise goes all the way down to their academy

While Van Gaal is generally well liked among the squad, the Guardian has learned this influential faction has been unsure for a while about him being able to turn the side’s fortunes around.

Thursday’s dismal 2-1 defeat at Midtjylland in the Europa League last-32 first leg has reaffirmed this view of Van Gaal, with players uneasy about his tactics and training methods. United face the struggling League One side Shrewsbury in the FA Cup on Monday.

Although there is a recognition those on the field must take their share of responsibility for uneven form – Thursday’s loss followed the 2-1 reverse at Sunderland on Saturday – Mourinho is seen as the man who can return the club to winning ways.

The Portuguese remains open to taking over but it is understood he feels he cannot wait around too long and so is exploring other options. One of these may be a return to Italian football.

Ed Woodward, United’s executive vice-chairman, continues to deliberate over whether to sack Van Gaal. Woodward is conscious that if he does not act soon the club may miss out on Mourinho. The Portuguese hinted he has several options for his next job in management.
2478.jpg

As Manchester United tumble, there is no sign Louis van Gaal will get it right

Mourinho, who was sacked by Chelsea in December, has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford at the end of the season; there were reports this month that United have already held talks with his representatives.

However, Mourinho, who is understood to have been sent replica versions of the Premier League and Capital One Cup trophies he won last season by Chelsea this week, and a letter thanking him for his achievements, has insisted that he is not actively looking for a new club and he denied reports in Italy linking him with a return to Internazionale.

“There is one thing I want to clarify – I will not be directing things over there next season,” Mourinho told La Stampa. “My next club? I really do not know, but one thing is certain – I love football and I will return with the same passion and ambition I’ve always had.
“Right now I have respect for every coach at every club. I’m not looking for a club, but there are clubs that are looking for me.”

Meanwhile, Michael Carrick has apologised to around 800 supporters who paid £71 apiece for a ticket to watch the match against Midtjylland and admitted the performance had not been good enough. He said: “I can’t knock the supporters, they were incredible. They’ve been great throughout my time at the club, especially during the last couple of years when they haven’t had much to shout about.
“They’ve stuck with us and travelled to support us, so I can only apologise.”
The manager, Louis Van Gaal pointed to the total of 14 injured players as a prime reason for the defeat but Carrick refused to do so.
“I don’t think you can use injuries as an excuse,” he said. “It is something that is not ideal but I can’t make any excuses. I can’t put that down as a reason for losing.”

United took the lead through a Memphis Depay goal but held on to this for just seven minutes as the Danish champions equalised just before half-time thorough Pione Sisto, the substitute Paul Onuachu firing the winner on 77 minutes.

“The second half wasn’t good enough,” said Carrick. “And they are no excuses for that. We were not good enough at all and the only positive is that we’ve got another go at it next week. We’re bitterly disappointed, and frustrated and angry at the performance and the result tonight but when the dust settles over the next few days we will get ourselves ready for the games coming up.”
The return leg is on Thursday at Old Trafford but before then United travel to Shrewsbury.

“We have to pick ourselves up and go again – there is no other way.” Carrick said. “I could stand here and speak to people about the whole game but there is no point really doing that. We lost the game, simple as that.
“The defeat has shown that if you are not anywhere near your best then you can slip up – and we need to be ready for that. Football’s a funny old game and it throws up different things. But we know what to expect. It is not going to be an easy game. If we are at our best then we should win the game but it is not as easy as that.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/19/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-jose-mourinho

Last edited:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shrewsbury vs Man Utd
FA Cup 5th round
Tuesday 23 February 3:45am
New Meadow

Shrewsbury Town is current standing at 19th place in League One.

Manchester United has a good chance of beating them :biggrin:

My bet is Man Utd win 3-0 and 4-0 in the pick the score :p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unreliable source? Wasn't he doing rounds here? :rolleyes:

JOSE MOURINHO has agreed a three-year deal to replace Louis van Gaal as Manchester United manager, according to reports.

By CHARLIE PHILLIPPE
PUBLISHED: 16:43, Wed, Feb 24, 2016 | UPDATED: 16:56, Wed, Feb 24, 2016

Mourinho, who was sacked by Chelsea in December, has been heavily linked with Van Gaal's job at Old Trafford, with
the Dutchman under huge pressure to keep his job.

And Portuguese newspaper Diario de Noticias claim the 53-year-old has now agreed a three-year deal worth £15.75million to become the next United boss.

The report adds that the only reason Van Gaal has not been sacked by United is because it would cost the club £12.5m.
But that figure will be less if the club fail to qualify for the Champions League next season.

Mourinho has been linked with Real Madrid, Inter Milan and a number of Chinese clubs since being sacked by Chelsea in December.

And
speaking earlier today he said: “If I have to return tomorrow, I return tomorrow.
“I always feel that it is better to wait and not to rush. It is better to wait for the right moment and the right move.
“I think starting next season with a new club and project is probably the best for me.

“I read so many different things. One day they say yes and another day they say no.
“One other day they say I’m going to China, another day they say I’m going back to Italy.
“I go to Milan and people say I’m going back to Inter. I’m here and people probably say I’m going to Singapore national team.
“Every day new things are coming but the reality is I have no job and I am happy not to have a job.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/647152/Jose-Mourinho-three-year-deal-Man-Utd-Louis-van-Gaal-manager-news-gossip

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For tomorrow's return leg catch up, strange Dutch call :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• LVG.jpg
    LVG.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 703

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I only worked with 4 world class players - Sir Alex Ferguson

attachment.php

attachment.php

yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

Attachments

• MU.jpg
    MU.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 418
  • MU2.jpg
    MU2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 441

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So is eighteen year old Marcus Rashford the new saviour of Old Trafford?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man U vs Liverpool, two fallen giants battling out in a bridesmaid competition, how pathetic. Fuck LVG.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LVG blew his top:p

attachment.php

Attachments

• LVG.jpg
    LVG.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 677

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BIG wage bump for new wonder boy. Still piddling vs seniors :p

Marcus Rashford is set for staggering 3,000 per cent pay rise at Manchester United after incredible week

Old Trafford teen netted doubles in wins over FC Midtjylland and Arsenal

MARCUS RASHFORD will be rewarded for his Manchester United heroics with a new £15,000-a-week deal.
That is a staggering 3,000 PER CENT pay rise for the 18-year-old, who is on just £500 a week at the moment.

Rashford, whose current contract is up in the summer, has made an amazing impact at Old Trafford. He scored twice on his debut in the
5-1 Europa League mauling of FC Midtjylland last Thursday.
And the Manchester-born ace starred again with two more on Sunday as United beat title-chasing
Arsenal 3-2.

The emergence of young stars like Rashford has brought the feel-good factor back to the club.

Five teenagers have made their debuts in the last week as United have won three times.
Michael Carrick, 34, said: “You don’t really know what you’ve got until you put them in and give them a chance.
“That’s probably been the massive bonus for us over the whole season, the young lads.
“They’ve all looked comfortable, all settled in really well and everyone else responds to that.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6966621/Marcus-Rashford-is-set-for-staggering-3000-per-cent-pay-rise-at-Manchester-United-after-incredible-week.html

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United schoolboy Marcus Rashford is different class after returning to studies
Brace against Premier League rivals Arsenal followed by A-level studies

01_29201039_ea121c_2716257a.jpg

TEENAGE goal machine Marcus Rashford was back down to earth on Monday as he returned to school hours after scoring twice in front of 75,000 fans at Old Trafford.

Then he spent the morning in classes with his pals at the 1,476-pupil Ashton-on-Mersey School, Sale, Gtr Manchester.
Asked by The Sun about his astonishing four days as a first-teamer, the youngster beamed: “I’m over the moon.”

The teenager, who has taken the Premier League by storm after his debut against Arsenal
, declined to comment about his studies.

But The Sun understands he already has nine GCSE grades A-C under his belt - and is believed to be taking A-levels this summer. Last night a source said: “Marcus is a very level-headed guy and he knows his education is really important.

But the 18-year-old starlet couldn’t resist keeping the Red Devils close to his chest as he arrived for classes proudly wearing his blue Manchester United training coat.

Rashford - who became United’s youngest ever scorer in European football when he bagged two goals against FC Midtjylland in the Europa League last Thursday - turned up for lessons in a modest grey Audi A3.

“He could have scored 10 goals against Arsenal and it still wouldn’t have stopped him coming back into school and working hard.
“This time last week he hadn’t even played for the first team - seven days later, he’s got four goals to his name. No one Old Trafford is known as the Theatre of Dreams.
“Marcus only got in the team last Thursday because of a last minute injury to Anthony Martial - none of this was on his radar.
“But no matter how cool you are, it’s got to be a strange feeling to go from man of the match against Arsenal - to back to school on a Monday morning.”

Rashford is in good company at his school because it’s sponsored by United and counts Darren Fletcher, Danny Welbeck and Jonny Evans among its past pupils.

Rashford is not the first youngster to make an instant impact at Old Trafford and follows in the footsteps of striker Welbeck, who fired in a screamer on his first Premier League appearance for United in 2008. Few United fans will forget the debut of Italian teenager Federico Macheda who swivelled to score a stunning injury-time winner against Aston Villa back in 2009.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/premteams/6966412/Manchester-United-schoolboy-Marcus-Rashford-is-different-class-after-returning-to-studies.html

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Home at OT to Watford tomorrow morning, how? And that biased Mark L (scouser) rarely predicts devils victory:(

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35647650

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United could welcome back Anthony Martial and Matteo Darmian from injury, while Chris Smalling will also be assessed.

Manager Louis van Gaal has hinted Marcos Rojo will be fit despite suffering an ankle injury in Sunday's win against Arsenal.
Jose Jurado again misses out for Watford with a calf injury. Etienne Capoue is fit despite being substituted because of tiredness in Saturday's draw with Bournemouth.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Steve Wilson: "When one national newspaper singled out five Manchester United youngsters who could follow Cameron Borthwick-Jackson into Louis van Gaal's first team only three months ago, Marcus Rashford didn't even get a mention.

"A few weeks on and
Rashford is the name on everyone's lips. He's certainly taken the heat off his manager with four of the 11 goals which United have scored in only three games.
"His hand forced by injuries, Van Gaal has given six players their Manchester United debuts in their last five matches - none have let him down.
"Watford's only win at Old Trafford came back in 1978 with a League Cup brace from Luther Blissett. With United suddenly bouncing with youthful confidence, an end to that sequence looks unlikely."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal on Marcus Rashford: "First, I think that the media have to let him in peace and rest.
"When you are in front of his house and that kind of stuff, I don't think that is beneficial for a boy of 18 years old.

"Give him the time also to be 18 years and we shall guide him also in that way, but he is a very modest guy so I don't think that shall be the problem."
Watford head coach Quique Sanchez Flores: "We are positive, we have in our mind the opportunity to add these points against Manchester United but, of course, we are expecting a difficult match, very tough.
"United are on a good run, playing well, a young team, very quick with skill.
"But we are always in our line, our way, respecting the teams but always we are there to be competitive and add points in the matches."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
I think Watford will be a tough nut to crack defensively and they will also look to hit United on the break, so they will cause Louis van Gaal's side some problems.
Prediction: 1-2

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Manchester United are on a 10-game winning streak against Watford, including a 2-1 victory in November's reverse fixture.
  • This run includes all five previous Premier League matches, in which United have scored a total of 14 goals.
  • Watford have never won an away league match against Manchester United in eight attempts.
  • The Hornets' only victory at Old Trafford was a 2-1 League Cup victory in October 1978.

Manchester United

• Manchester United have won three consecutive matches in all competitions, scoring 11 goals in the process.
  • Six of United's 18 league goals this season have been scored in their last two matches at Old Trafford.
  • United have drawn five Premier League games 0-0 this season, and are the only side to be involved in more stalemates than Watford (four).
  • Louis van Gaal's side last secured back-to-back league wins with a 2-1 triumph over Watford last November.
  • Marcus Rashford has scored four goals from five shots on target in his first two games for Manchester United.

Watford

• Watford have lost all seven matches that they have played against the teams currently in the top five - they have only lost three of their other 20 games.
  • The Hornets have failed to score in five of their last seven Premier League matches.
  • Watford have won 18 away points this season - three more than they managed in their two previous Premier League campaigns combined.
  • Odion Ighalo has scored just once in eight league appearances in 2016, despite attempting 21 shots (including blocked efforts).
  • Ighalo and strike partner Troy Deeney have scored 22 of Watford's 29 Premier League goals, netting 14 and eight respectively.
SAM's verdict
Probability of draw: 23%
Probability of home win: 63%Probability of away win: 14%

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by Professor Ian McHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One moment he is hero, next one, he is villian. A timely reminder from him to ask for a new contract.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tomorrow morning's clash with 2 has been teams:p

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35763810

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has called Thursday's Europa League last-16 tie against Manchester United "the mother of all football games".

The Reds host United in the domestic rivals' first meeting in Europe, though it is in the second-tier competition rather than the Champions League.

However, Klopp said: "I always said the Europa League is very exciting.
"It's really, really big. I hope it's not the biggest [match] in my Liverpool career but it's very important."

Manchester United have won three European Cups - most recently in 2008 in its current Champions League format - while Liverpool have lifted the trophy on five occasions.

United manager Louis van Gaal said those who criticise their demotion to the Europa League are "living in the past", and Klopp believes the tie will still enthral the crowd at Anfield.

Man Utd and Liverpool dominance 'in the past' - Louis van Gaal"I don't believe in enemies in football, I believe in real opponents," said the 48-year-old German, who took former club Borussia Dortmund to the Champions League final in 2013.

"I have absolutely no problem with Louis van Gaal but the last thing I want is for him to win. Games like this are the mother of all football games."
Liverpool have won the Uefa Cup - precursor to the Europa League - three times, most recently in 2001, while United's best run was to the quarter-finals in 1985.

The winners of the competition qualify for the Champions League and Klopp defender the standard of the tournament.

"What's Champions League level? I saw a lot of rubbish games at Champions League level. Liverpool and Manchester United want to always be part of it, sure.

"There's a long way to go but we can see the line. There's only top quality teams left in this tournament. From now on its something like a small Champions League."

Team news
Striker Daniel Sturridge is likely to return to Liverpool's starting line-up and right-back Nathaniel Clyne will return at the expense of Jon Flanagan, who is not registered to play in the Europa League.

Midfielder James Milner is doubtful after he was sent home from training with illness.

Jesse Lingard is suspended for Manchester United and fellow winger Adnan Januzaj is cup-tied, but Antonio Valencia is set to be involved after a foot injury. Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young, Will Keane, Luke Shaw, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Phil Jones are all still out.