• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man United to dominate English soccer till 2014

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
LIVERPOOL (AFP) - - Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has ended months of speculation by signing a contract extension that will keep him at Anfield until 2014, the English Premier League club confirmed on Wednesday.

The best news i got since last Sat.
No League title for Loserpool for at least another 5 years then.
:biggrin:
Here's to another 5 years of shit league performances at home against half-baked teams playing for a draw, clueless substitutions, playing players out of position, appalling transfer buys, all interspersed with a few decent performances which make the fans who can't see the wider picture very happy bunnies, like the Nicaragua playboy in this forum.
Operation "Make Benitez Look Good" was a success then. Contratulations Vidic, Sir Alex and the rest of the United team.:p

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must say that I am surprised that Rafa signed the contract now rather than wait till the end of the season, especially after all the wayang and toing and froing.

Is it a good thing for the Reds? Well when it comes to the EPL Rafa has yet to show that he has worked things out. However to be fair to him it looks like the politics off the pitch conducted by Parry and Hicks/Gillet has not helped either. So how? Well even with Parry now out of the way, I still don't think the final pieces of the puzzle are in place unless the Reds get a stable injection of funds coming into the club i.e. new stadium plus cash to buy 2 quality defenders and 2 quality wingers/strikers for starters. So I hope the yankee owners sell out at the end of the season to a new committed owner with deep deep pockets.

Oh and once again I am Dominican:biggrin:

PS Don't write off Chelsea, Gooners, Villa and Man City in the seasons to come:wink:

jw5

Loyal
I must say that I am surprised that Rafa signed the contract now rather than wait till the end of the season, especially after all the wayang and toing and froing.

Is it a good thing for the Reds? Well when it comes to the EPL Rafa has yet to show that he has worked things out. However to be fair to him it looks like the politics off the pitch conducted by Parry and Hicks/Gillet has not helped either. So how? Well even with Parry now out of the way, I still don't think the final pieces of the puzzle are in place unless the Reds get a stable injection of funds coming into the club i.e. new stadium plus cash to buy 2 quality defenders and 2 quality wingers/strikers for starters. So I hope the yankee owners sell out at the end of the season to a new committed owner with deep deep pockets.

Oh and once again I am Dominican:biggrin:

PS Don't write off Chelsea, Gooners, Villa and Man City in the seasons to come:wink:
Some ex Liverpool players have commented that in the past, issues like contract negotiations were always held behind closed doors and rumours of what was being done or not done never got out, until the final outcome.
It seems that things have changed at Anfield over the years.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a flame bait thread but I'm not gong to criticize since it's outside Liverpool official thread.

Everyone entitled to a bit of fun.
A bit of goading, teases and laughs can't hurt. :biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, gone are the days of the famous "boot room gang" who helped Liverpool rule English football and thereafter european football; in the 70s and 80s (before Heysel).

Saying that, I am sick to death with the ex Reds players who keep knocking the present Reds team and manager.

Some ex Liverpool players have commented that in the past, issues like contract negotiations were always held behind closed doors and rumours of what was being done or not done never got out, until the final outcome.
It seems that things have changed at Anfield over the years.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Playing is one thing, managing is a whole different ballgame. Apart from King Kenny none of the others have done anything worth mentioning about from the dugout, and even King Kenny is now pass his sell by date. While we are on this topic of ex Reds, I always wondered why Kevin Keegan was never offered the job at Anfield or if he was why he never took up the offer? Saying that going by his record I doubt he would have brought the Reds back to great heights.

Their expectations are high and afterall Liverpool were the team who set the gold standard for English teams in the past. They mean't well.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a flame bait thread but I'm not gong to criticize since it's outside Liverpool official thread.

Everyone entitled to a bit of fun.
A bit of goading, teases and laughs can't hurt. :biggrin:

So you are admitting you have been petty like a little guniang in the past.:p
Don't worry, i have been saving my "best" comments for your OFFICIAL Loser Of A Fool thread at the end of the season when Man Utd wraps the record-EQUALLING 18th League Title.

jw5

Loyal
Yes, gone are the days of the famous "boot room gang" who helped Liverpool rule English football and thereafter european football; in the 70s and 80s (before Heysel).

Saying that, I am sick to death with the ex Reds players who keep knocking the present Reds team and manager.
Yes, funny how the ex Liverpool players still have so much to say about the current club after all these years, but you seldom hear the ex players of Man Utd or Arsenal having so much to say unless they are in the media business or are specifically asked about something.
It's something to do with the aura of the club.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..While we are on this topic of ex Reds, I always wondered why Kevin Keegan was never offered the job at Anfield or if he was why he never took up the offer? Saying that going by his record I doubt he would have brought the Reds back to great heights.
King kev's maybe a great guy with the boys. But not sure of his mettle, his track record of calling quits says quite a bit. Recall that mind games with old fox fergie?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best news I got this Sunday morning:biggrin:

Sunday 22nd March 2009 12:15:00 AM

Fulham stun nine-man United

Fulham blew the title race wide open with a sensational 2-0 win over nine-man Manchester United at Craven Cottage.

LIVERPOOL (AFP) - - Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has ended months of speculation by signing a contract extension that will keep him at Anfield until 2014, the English Premier League club confirmed on Wednesday.

Contratulations Vidic, Sir Alex and the rest of the United team.:p

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I grew up on KK aka Mighty Mouse and his solid partnership with welsh 'giant' John Toshack. Best Reds moments for him (to me) were wembley 74' when Liverpool won the FA Cup and the Big One the European Cup 77' in Rome. Always had a soft spot for him but I doubt him as a top manager, great motivator but not a 'closer', walks away from the job too soon. Something Shanks, Paisely and Fergie would never do. Looks like Roy Keane may turn out like KK as a manager going by his recent walk out at Sunderland.

I wonder whether Toshack would have made abetter manager at Reds if offered the job though?

King kev's maybe a great guy with the boys. But not sure of his mettle, his track record of calling quits says quite a bit. Recall that mind games with old fox fergie?

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best news I got this Sunday morning:biggrin:

Sunday 22nd March 2009 12:15:00 AM

Fulham stun nine-man United

Fulham blew the title race wide open with a sensational 2-0 win over nine-man Manchester United at Craven Cottage.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :mad:
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:
RRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best news I got since Sunday:smile::wink:

Gerrard hat-trick helps Liverpool crush Villa23 March 2009 02:30 1 Recommendation Recommend Comment
By Mike Collett

LONDON - Steven Gerrard scored a hat-trick as Liverpool maintained their stunning recent form by crushing Aston Villa 5-0 at Anfield on Sunday to close the gap on Premier League leaders Manchester United to just one point.

.:p