• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man gets citizenship after 40 years

fighterpilot

Alfrescian
Loyal

Saturday January 22, 2011

Maniam gets citizenship after 40 years

n_28maniam.jpg

IPOH: Estate helper M. Maniam (pic) was born under a rain of bombs dropped by the Japanese during World War II.

Maniam said his father had no chance to register his birth then.

“My father told me that it was a scary time as there were explosions everywhere.

“He was afraid to go out because the Japanese army had landed,” said the 70-year-old who was born in Teluk Intan.

Maniam said he had been unsuccessfully trying to obtain citizenship over the past 40 years.

This is despite the fact that both his parents and eight siblings are Malaysians.

Maniam’s long wait finally ended yesterday when he received his citizenship from Perak National Registration Department director Alias Mamat.

“I am glad to have finally gotten a MyKad,” he said.