• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man charged in court for neglect of pet dog leading to severe maggot infestation

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore Seen | Pet owner fined $7k for not treating dog whose face was eaten by maggots

A 64-year-old retiree was fined $7,000 for causing unnecessary suffering to his son's pet shih tzu after the dog was neglected even when hundreds of maggots ate away part of its face.

The Straits Times reported that Quek Ah Nguang had thought there was little point in getting the dog -- which his wife bought for his son 13 years ago -- treated as he was shifting from his landed property in Burgundy Crescent near Bukit Batok to a Housing Board flat, and had planned to get rid of the pet by sending it to the SPCA.

However, the maggot infestation led to Quek calling the SPCA to take it away to be euthanised instead.

Vets at the SPCA found the canine in bad shape -- the maggots numbered between 200 and 300, and had eaten all the tissue and bone structures around the dog's right eye. There were even maggots inside a hole in its chin.

The dog also reeked of urine, and its fur was matted and its skin was inflamed.

The pet was eventually euthanised the next day to put it out of its misery.

Pleading for leniency, Quek said he was sorry to have neglected the dog, adding that he was moving house at the time and was very busy.

The dog, which was registered under Quek's wife but taken care of by Quek and his domestic helper, was taken for walks by the latter and allowed to roam the neighbourhood on its own.

The helper had informed Quek that the dog's right eye was red, swollen and itchy for about a week, and that it was scratching the eye frequently but Quek did nothing until he called the SPCA to have it euthanised on Jan 10.

Quek, who pleaded guilty, could have bee fined $10,000 or jailed for up to a year or both.

shihtzu02-wkc.jpg

shihtzu01-wkc.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moving from landed to hdb....
Probably down and out after being fucked over by pappies' policies....
Vent anger on helpless pet....poor dog

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some ppl should not keep pets. If he could not take care of the dog due to change of accommodation. He should have just given the dog away immediately. RSPCA will help re-home the dog. Not wait till the dog get worse than go to RSPCA.A real asshole.

Last edited:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Atcually some wannabe dog owners are real CUNTS. Just becoz puppies are cute, doesnt mean they are when the puppies grows up. And for fuck sake, keeping a dog is a long term commitment, give & take 12 years. Not for one to keep & chuck away when the interest dies off! These kind of owners will reincarnate to be bitches in a 3rd world country!
So to all those who wish to keep dogs as pets, make sure the dogs have a proper environment to live, owners cannot be lazy retards & let their maids walk the dogs instead, dont fucking stinge on feeding & grooming & ensure if youre going for holidays, proper care & maintenace must be in order!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neglect pet dog and he was charged with SGD7000.
Murdered an inmate and prison officer was fined with SGD10,000.
Therefore I conclude that human life is SGD3000 more expensive than a pet dog in Singapore.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Therefore I conclude that human life is SGD3000 more expensive than a pet dog in Singapore.

So 1 sinkie is worth roughly 1 & half dog? No wonder pappies treat you guys as such...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The poor pet dog didn't deserve it while that sunhuman shit skin got what he rightfully deserved pity the guy that had to pay 10k.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chee buy. Sinkie losers here like to poor dog this and poor dog there..like as though u love animals very much.

Let me ask you a question. You got eat meat or not.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My gf bought a black terrier a month ago and I was very angry. She have to leave the puppy at home when she goes to work. So the dog stay indoor until she returns home. Me still trying to convince her to givethe dog to someone who can take good care. Ironically, I have all the time and space to keep dogs but I didn't.

Anyway, she better do something soon Co's I told her, human also got problem feeding liaoz, still want to feed dog.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In short, dogs are highly interactive one. They need to interact with owner and also need space to move around. If you cannot give these to the dog. Then get a tamogatchi.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My gf bought a black terrier a month ago and I was very angry. She have to leave the puppy at home when she goes to work. So the dog stay indoor until she returns home. Me still trying to convince her to givethe dog to someone who can take good care. Ironically, I have all the time and space to keep dogs but I didn't.

Anyway, she better do something soon Co's I told her, human also got problem feeding liaoz, still want to feed dog.

Bro what u mean human got problem feeding? You have problems feeding your gf?

Dogs needs lots of care and attention especially attention. They are not like cats or reptiles that need 0 attention.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, in short, the moment she can afford to hire a maid to take care of dog, is the time she can feed herself.

Dogs needs lots of care and attention especially attention. They are not like cats or reptiles that need 0 attention.[/QUOTE]
OK, she still working in company, no time to take care of pet. Cannot be hire a maid just to look after pet right?