• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man caught on video stealing phone from counter of VivoCity shop

DeathStar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man caught on video stealing phone from counter of VivoCity shop

vivo28.jpg

Screengrabs of CCTV footage showing a man stealing a phone from a shop counter in VivoCity.PHOTO: FACEBOOK/ NUR HAFIZAH ISMAIL

Published Mar 28, 2016, 11:24 am SGT
Nurulnadiah Md Noh

SINGAPORE - A few seconds was all it took for a man to steal a smartphone from the counter of a shop in VivoCity.

Sales associate Nurul Hafizah Ismail, 21, told The Straits Times that she had just arrived for her shift at writing instruments store Lamy on Friday (March 25) at around 2pm, and had placed her Samsung Note 5 smartphone on the counter.

Closed-circuit television camera (CCTV) footage posted on Facebook by her friend Nur Ameerah Aizat showed a bespectacled man carrying a black backpack looking at the products on display.

In the same footage, Ms Hafizah can be seen sitting in front of the cash register machine at the counter.

"The mall was crowded because it was a public holiday, and I did not notice the man at all," she said. "I got up to do some filing and then my phone was gone," she added.

Ms Hafizah went back to the counter about three minutes later, but only realised that her phone was missing five minutes after that.

She immediately called her manager, who then sent her screengrabs of the CCTV footage.

Her colleague, who had been attending to another customer, called the police.

Ms Hafizah, who has been working at the shop for about nine months, had just bought the smartphone on March 21.

Police confirmed that a report was made and that a case of dishonest misappropriation of property had occurred. Police are still investigating the incident.