• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man arrested for "Hi Harry Lee. I love you." graffiti outside Parliament House

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
front-separl15.jpg

ST_IMAGES_SEPARL15A.jpg

POLICE yesterday arrested a man in his 40s for vandalism, after a wall outside Parliament House was defaced at lunch hour.

Scribbled in black marker on the top right corner of the wall were the words: 'Hi Harry Lee. I love you.'

Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew is called Harry by some of his family and old friends.

The wall, located at the junction of North Bridge Road and Parliament Place, is about the height of an average man. It serves as a signboard and has the Singapore Crest and the words 'Parliament' and 'Singapore' on it.

At about 1.30pm yesterday, uniformed guards were seen running out of Parliament House to nab the man while he scribbled on the wall.

They wrestled to the ground the medium-built man, who was wearing a red T-shirt and brown trousers.

It took three guards to subdue him as he refused to be pinned down and tried to wriggle free.

As he was led away, a guard held up a piece of cardboard to cover the scribbled words. Soon after, other security personnel brought a canvas sheet and draped it over the wall.

Pictures were taken of the graffiti, which was wiped off by 2.40pm.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, a police spokesman said a man in his late 40s was arrested at about 2.20pm.

The matter is being investigated, added the spokesman.

The Office of the Clerk of Parliament confirmed the incident but declined further comment, giving the reason that police investigations are ongoing.

Its spokesman said that Parliament has various security measures and systems in place for the security of Members of Parliament and the House.

These measures include closed-circuit TV surveillance and regular patrols by security officers.

There have been no similar instances in the past, he noted.

Source :
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_326274.html

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scribbled in black marker on the top right corner of the wall were the words: 'Hi Harry Lee. I love you.'

Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew is called Harry by some of his family and old friends.

so presumptious ........... maybe the man's gay lover is called harry lee ? :cool:

jw5

Loyal
I hope he was arrested and charged for the grafitti and not for expressing his love for Harry.
A person shouldn't be charged for saying "I love you.". :smile:

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
lky.jpg

"Wah very artistic fan, next time do a big sculpture of me then you won't get caught liao mah. Hei hei hei hei hei.. "

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The poodles got conned! That guy is unemployed and wants to go jail so taxpayers can feed him daily and make sure he got roof over his head plus exercise daily to keep healthy!