• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Malaysians also celebrated Schooling's win

PinkaChung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now android word lookup also got schooling name. Solid man.

IPOH, Aug 14 — While Singapore spends the weekend toasting to their Olympic hero, a joyous cheer can also be heard some 560km up north in Ipoh.

Joseph Schooling had defeated the greatest swimmer of all time, Michael Phelps, in the 100m butterfly final yesterday to secure Singapore’s first Olympic gold — a historic feat that brightened the day of his maternal aunt Yim Kam Ling, 58.

“I’m the happiest aunt in the world. My phone has been buzzing with friends and family sending their love and support for my nephew the whole morning,” said Yim, who teaches music.

“I was unable to watch the finals because I was teaching at the time. But my heart is bursting with joy. I can only imagine how his parents feel,” she said yesterday.

Yim said her 86-year-old mother Yeoh Soon Poh had watched Schooling live on television.

“I called her to tell her about the good news but she said that she had seen the race live on television.”

She said Schooling would visit Ipoh when he had long breaks. His mother May, 61, was born and raised in Ipoh.

“He would swim at the Ipoh Royal Golf Club, the family’s pool and at Ipoh City Council swimming complex.

“He loved swimming when he was a child. He basically lived in the pool,” she said.

“To him, a day without swimming would be considered strange.”

Yim said Schooling knew what he wanted and went for it.

“I have never seen a boy that age who was so focused and disciplined. Even when he was here on holiday, he would go swimming as early as 5am.

Schooling’s success was especially meaningful as he managed to overcome negativity from some detractors back home.

She said some called for him to return to Singapore to complete his National Service.

“He was the first Singaporean athlete to receive a deferment because he was training for the Olympics, and some people wanted him to go back. I am so glad that he proved them wrong,” she said.

She said the family tried their best to attend his events, adding that she had last met him during the SEA Games in Singapore last year.

“How I wish I could have been there with him in Rio. But even though we were not there in person, we were with him in spirit.”

She hoped she would be able to see him in action during the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur next year.

“I would tell him to go on and chase after his passion. Go Joe go!”

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So did the good people of Malacca celebrate when LBW's team of China born paddlers won the World championship?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha aiya sinkie matlaysian all same big family lah. Hahaha. Why nitpick here and there? :cool:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahaha aiya sinkie matlaysian all same big family lah. Hahaha. Why nitpick here and there? :cool:

Ya lor
Last time our president wee kW also celebrated Malaysian swimmer nurul huda abdullah winning sea games gold medal.....she beat sinkie swimmers to get the gold. She happens to be his granddaughter

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mom sounds like a cool no nonsense malaysian chink….malaysia should be proud as well.

All my fave chink birds in singoland have been malaysian…Sugar, Tong Tong, Sony, Gucci…the list goes on and on.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course lah good thing only all fast fast want to associate and celebrate. But little bad thing only like seeing people in Spore plate car throw litter (although it is their wolf in sheep's clothing problem) blame like hell and say especially hate Singaporeans. No more one big family wor when come to bad thing.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

IPOH, Aug 14 — While Singapore spends the weekend toasting to their Olympic hero, a joyous cheer can also be heard some 560km up north in Ipoh.

Joseph Schooling had defeated the greatest swimmer of all time, Michael Phelps, in the 100m butterfly final yesterday to secure Singapore’s first Olympic gold — a historic feat that brightened the day of his maternal aunt Yim Kam Ling, 58.

“I’m the happiest aunt in the world. My phone has been buzzing with friends and family sending their love and support for my nephew the whole morning,” said Yim, who teaches music.

“I was unable to watch the finals because I was teaching at the time. But my heart is bursting with joy. I can only imagine how his parents feel,” she said yesterday.

Yim said her 86-year-old mother Yeoh Soon Poh had watched Schooling live on television.

“I called her to tell her about the good news but she said that she had seen the race live on television.”

She said Schooling would visit Ipoh when he had long breaks. His mother May, 61, was born and raised in Ipoh.

“He would swim at the Ipoh Royal Golf Club, the family’s pool and at Ipoh City Council swimming complex.

“He loved swimming when he was a child. He basically lived in the pool,” she said.

“To him, a day without swimming would be considered strange.”

Yim said Schooling knew what he wanted and went for it.

“I have never seen a boy that age who was so focused and disciplined. Even when he was here on holiday, he would go swimming as early as 5am.

Schooling’s success was especially meaningful as he managed to overcome negativity from some detractors back home.

She said some called for him to return to Singapore to complete his National Service.

“He was the first Singaporean athlete to receive a deferment because he was training for the Olympics, and some people wanted him to go back. I am so glad that he proved them wrong,” she said.

She said the family tried their best to attend his events, adding that she had last met him during the SEA Games in Singapore last year.

“How I wish I could have been there with him in Rio. But even though we were not there in person, we were with him in spirit.”

She hoped she would be able to see him in action during the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur next year.

Like that means JS's mum is a Malaysian ( but sg PR) . Can get Datin title or not ?

That would make Joseph a Datuk ? :biggrin:

Sainttan

Alfrescian
Loyal

If it is the malaysian aunt celebrating her nephew's win on a personal level, there is nothing wrong abt it. But if the whole Malaysia also want to join in the party, then that is totally shameless.

Actually, I doubt any true blue Singaporeans would feel proud of his olympic win because his name and look doesnt really represent Singapore. I mean no matter what angle I look at, he just dont have the look of a Singaporean, unlike Ang Peng Siong.

I wonder how Malaysians would like to celebrate if JS beat his Malaysian's competitor at the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur next year.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest we hold a block party and invite sinkies and malaysians and americans and british and samolians everyone related to his father,grandfather,great grandfather,from his left testicle to his hail follicle,to black jesus who gave him his swimming powers.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mom sounds like a cool no nonsense malaysian chink….malaysia should be proud as well.

All my fave chink birds in singoland have been malaysian…Sugar, Tong Tong, Sony, Gucci…the list goes on and on.

If Malaysia proud of JS then i worried :biggrin: later Malaysia give JS an honorary Citizenship then how ?:confused:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people love bitches. Cause they are hot in bed. Is all about personal preferences.

Who can beat your own kind MALAYSIAN MISTRESS Mandy Lieu - the world's ultimate bitch. Mudlanders are lady in front but hottest in bed like Mandy lieu lah. Don't be modest you Sinkie clone mudlander dog about your fellow mudlander bitches.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If u are malaysian u have no business being in singapore,u need to take ur bitches and fuck off.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is the malaysian aunt celebrating her nephew's win on a personal level, there is nothing wrong abt it. But if the whole Malaysia also want to join in the party, then that is totally shameless.

Actually, I doubt any true blue Singaporeans would feel proud of his olympic win because his name and look doesnt really represent Singapore. I mean no matter what angle I look at, he just dont have the look of a Singaporean, unlike Ang Peng Siong.

Don't stir shit lah mudlander. Eurasians is one race of Spore population. You don't know Malaysia also have Eurasians?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who can beat your own kind MALAYSIAN MISTRESS Mandy Lieu - the world's ultimate bitch. Mudlanders are lady in front but hottest in bed like Mandy lieu lah. Don't be modest you Sinkie clone mudlander dog about your fellow mudlander bitches.

Forgot Mandy Lieu's title should be Bitch of the Century. Sorry to have demoted this mudlander bitch. She is not just ultimate at one point in time but for this whole century.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

APS is what look? Chink look?
Fuck you la. Local Chink melayu Indian and Eurasian are the main races of sinkieland.
Majority chink then all sinkies must have chink look?
He is 3rd generation sinkie all born and breed here......you check your ancestors see your sinkie pedigree can fight with his or not first before you come here kpkb.