• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian Chinese as your co-workers do you like them?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
with hundreds and thousands of them in Singapore with no NSF obligations, take leaves on CNY to go back to their villages as if they are entitled to it leaving you to work on CNY period, no intention to become Singapore citizens and so on .... do you like them?

Last edited:

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
malaysian chinese talk wierd chinese.

but other than that they are really okay and nice to get along.

who the heck works on CNY in SGP? only me living in angmo country.

no big deal lah! CNY is like any other day to me. Used to it already. Dun really miss it!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one works on the actual day of CNY (2 days holiday) but it is the before and after that matters. These Malaysian Chinese takes leaves for 1 or 2 week leaves and the local Singaporeans become the skeleton workforce during this period, esp in the service sectors. They came to take steal your jobs and also take away your leaves during this period.

Because it is hard to tell they are Malaysian Chinese but you tell they also grouped together among their own kind and don't really assimilate with the locals, agree?

I think in Australia you may find the obvious happening Malaysian Chinese don't like Singaporean Chinese and don't like to mixed with Singaporeans, agree?

malaysian chinese talk wierd chinese.

but other than that they are really okay and nice to get along.

who the heck works on CNY in SGP? only me living in angmo country.

no big deal lah! CNY is like any other day to me. Used to it already. Dun really miss it!! :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually did not even consider them as outsiders or competitors until in recent years. They also seem to fit in well as there is very little difference culturally.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No one works on the actual day of CNY (2 days holiday) but it is the before and after that matters. These Malaysian Chinese takes leaves for 1 or 2 week leaves and the local Singaporeans become the skeleton workforce during this period, esp in the service sectors. They came to take steal your jobs and also take away your leaves during this period.

Because it is hard to tell they are Malaysian Chinese but you tell they also grouped together among their own kind and don't really assimilate with the locals, agree?

I think in Australia you may find the obvious happening Malaysian Chinese don't like Singaporean Chinese and don't like to mixed with Singaporeans, agree?

Totally wrong! If anything Singaporean and Malaysian Chinese are the closest among immigrants in Aus.. Wonder where you get your data from??

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually did not even consider them as outsiders or competitors until in recent years. They also seem to fit in well as there is very little difference culturally.

To me, it matters not which nationality or who started it first. They are ranked equally with the indians when it comes to tribalism at the workplace. Enclaves have already been formed and will persist, albeit less overtly than it had the last few years. I understand the government does not want to adopt a knee jerk reaction to unfair practices, but until confidence in the system is restored, hopefully through legislative means and active enforcement, you and I are stuck repeating the same message. Over and over again. For eternity.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
m&d urines are the best.
they work hard and they dont care about other crap.

not like sporeans.
mudland boleh!! :biggrin:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I generally get on well with them, I often don't even know they are Malaysian Chinese until they mention it.
There's quite a diverse bunch of FTs in my company and I get along very well with most of them, some I would consider quite close friends - Filipinos, Malaysian Chinese, Indonesian Chinese, Sri Lankans. Unsurprisingly, the ones I don't really get along with are PRC Chinese...