• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian bus crash kills 28, mostly Thais

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
850x.jpg

Hospital staff carry the body of an unidentified Thai national at a mortuary in Ipoh, in Malaysia's northern state of Perak December 20, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
780x.jpg

Bus crash victim Som Chai, 62, of Thailand, lies on his bed as he is pulled by a nurse at a hospital in Ipoh, in Malaysia's northern state of Perak December 21, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
640x.jpg

Bus crash victim Pramualrat Phimpahu, 45, of Thailand, sits on her bed at a hospital in Ipoh, in Malaysia's northern state of Perak December 21, 2010​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x670.jpg

Bus crash victim Iuntnapa of Bangkok lies on her bed at a hospital in Ipoh, in Malaysia's northern state of Perak December 21, 2010.​

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People just want a comfort coach especially sinkies , always looking for the best coach like Super VVIP with massage chair.

Do you guys notice that most of the accidents happened mostly to DOUBLE DECK bus ?

I always see this kind of double deck coach not stable when running on Msia highway. Probably due to their COG is too high.

There is one double deck bus accident happened 2 years ago at Northern Msia. The bus used to be a single deck bus. But that CCB company welded the other remaining half and become double deck. Many kena killed in the accident. One of my relative's fren, died, face also gone. Cannot recognize the feature. sad... :(

so, don't complain when you guys get a normal bus like bus persiaran (mostly 40 seated, single deck ) when you reach somewhere in KL your backbone can be exhausted and tire :biggrin: .. But hey.. at least you are safe on arrival... :smile:

I always drive up myself. I rather be in control of my own destiny. Take plane LL. Leave it to the pilots.

I have heard stories of how these bus drivers have to make many trips up and down. They are habitual gamblers and almost always loses. They take their loans from the licensed ah longs at Golden Mile, Woh Hup etc. How to pay 15% interest for loans taken? Sure very-d-jialak one. They also consumed lots of red bull thinking that keeps them alert and awake.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, the NS highway coaches plying between Hatyai and Singapore with all of peninsula Malaya in between should be quite safe. There're usually two drivers rotating per bus. For those who've been on US Greyhound coaches, you'd know that there's only one driver on the coach for distances like between Los Angeles and Seattle, more than twice the distance from Singapore to Hatyai. A change of driver only comes when the distance is long enough to necessitate a change of coach, e.g. from San Francisco to Chicago or New York. In my younger days in US, I liked to take Greyhound coach or Amtrak train when I had the time spare. It was a great way to look around a continental sized big country, with meal stops at small towns etc.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
720x.jpg

x850.jpg

Aummarine Kamolkunpipat, husband of Piyanun Klingchuay, who is a victim of the Monday's bus crash, hugs a coffin with her body at a hospital's morgue in Ipoh, in Malaysia's northern state of Perak December 22, 2010.​

Dec 22, 2010
Thai military to collect bodies of M'sia victims

KUALA LUMPUR - THAILAND'S air force on Wednesday sent two military cargo planes to collect the bodies of the 25 Thai victims of Malaysia's worst ever bus crash, embassy officials said.
First Secretary Suwit Mangkhala said the C-130 aircraft had left Bangkok and would arrive at the Subang military airbase on the outskirts of the Malaysian capital at 1.30pm (0530 GMT).
'The Thai military have sent two C-130 cargo aircraft and we are expecting the bodies of the 25 victims and some of the survivors to be ferried back on the planes,' he told AFP.
'Relatives and friends of some of the dead and the survivors will also be on the flight and they will accompany the bodies on the way back to Thailand,' he added. 'We are not sure how many of the survivors will be travelling on the same flight but arrangements have been made for them to do so.'
Mr Suwit said Buddhist monks had carried out prayers for the dead Wednesday morning in northern Perak state, where the accident took place. The bodies will be flown to Kuala Lumpur before being transferred for the flight to Bangkok.
The Thai holidaymakers were returning to the capital Kuala Lumpur from the Cameron Highlands on Monday when their double-decker bus lost control near a sharp bend, crashed through a road divider and overturned into a ditch. -- AFP

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
880x.jpg

Army personnel (L) carry one of the coffins of victims of Monday's bus crash at a hospital's morgue in Ipoh, in Malaysia's northern state of Perak December 22, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
890x.jpg

Relatives from Thailand are joined by Buddhist monks as they pray over coffins of victims of the Monday's bus crash at a hospital's morgue in Ipoh, in Malaysia's northern state of Perak December 22, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
740x.jpg

Thai tourist Churchart Krangsuwan, who was injured in the tourist bus crash the previous day, lies in a hospital bed in the Malaysian city of Ipoh on December 21, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
760x.jpg

Thai tourist Pramnalat, who was injured in the tourist bus crash the previous day, eats a meal at a hospital in the Malaysian city of Ipoh on December 21, 2010​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
880x.jpg

A family member of Sriwai Swatphet, who died in Monday's bus crash, cries over her coffin at a hospital's morgue in Ipoh, in Malaysia's northern state of Perak December 22, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
850x.jpg

A Thai air force personnel works on a coffin of a victim of Monday's bus accident at Royal Malaysian Air Force base in Subang, near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x810.jpg

A family member cries in front of a coffin of a victim of Monday's bus accident at Royal Malaysian Air Force base in Subang, near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2010​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
820x.jpg

860x.jpg

A monk walks in front of air force personnel carrying a casket containing the body of a Thai victim of a bus crash, in Bangkok's military airport December 22, 2010.​