• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian bring whole family come sg but criticize singapore got no good food. Unesco heritage listed got simi fucking use?

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to agree the food taste drop in Sg.
Reason there many factors

1. The rent is so expensive that the stall holder have to cut short on ingredients.

2. There more foreigners cook and our taste bud is different.

3. The price of a bowl of mee is expensive and the portion is so small u eat also not shiok.

Those who had tasted the food in the 80s and before that I very sure there a lot of different

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They're not wrong. Due to the high rent, food sellers cut corners on quality or quantity, usually both.

Also, generational family businesses are an endangered species now, most of them are just mercenaries.

Anyone can throw money at those UNESCO jiakliaobees and gain a desired outcome. You should see some of the other nominees alongside Sinkie hawker culture. :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mudlaysian street food is delicious simply down to the fact that it is full of seasoning, salt and deep fried oil. Sinkies eat outside food almost everyday.. if eat mudlaysia standard street fare confirm will kenna stroke and diabetes before 45 years old

JustOneSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to agree the food taste drop in Sg.
Reason there many factors

1. The rent is so expensive that the stall holder have to cut short on ingredients.

2. There more foreigners cook and our taste bud is different.

3. The price of a bowl of mee is expensive and the portion is so small u eat also not shiok.

Those who had tasted the food in the 80s and before that I very sure there a lot of different

Bhai,
My Mama will cook authentic
Tandoori Chicken.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mudlaysian street food is delicious simply down to the fact that it is full of seasoning, salt and deep fried oil. Sinkies eat outside food almost everyday.. if eat mudlaysia standard street fare confirm will kenna stroke and diabetes before 45 years old

Yes, I'm sure Sinkie street hawker fare is much healthier eh? :roflmao:

Why? Because the jiakliaobee govt employees tell you so? :rolleyes:

print17.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Tourist should be provided with a list to top sinkie street food. Most are not in the tourist spot.

Same as in ANY country.

Which is why I laugh when sinkies say the food is not as good when they travel compared to sinkieland.

Sure lah. You eating tourist food. Jokers lah.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unesco for dont comes with salt n high blood pressure.

Leitaisor2002

Alfrescian
Loyal
UNESCO listing is application and appraisal for heritage protection. Sg no street food but fake hawker stall as street food. Sg nothing old for UNESCO heritage protection. Elizabeth walk, Orchard carpark, Shenten way carpark street food is gone. Thailand, Taiwan, Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Johor street food dun need UNESCO protection. Dun be fooled

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I'm sure Sinkie street hawker fare is much healthier eh? :roflmao:

Why? Because the jiakliaobee govt employees tell you so? :rolleyes:

print17.jpg
You cannot save the pigs. They believe they are alwyas superior as they sleep in maid quarters everyday and take public transport