• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia : Use laws to compel vernacular schools to adopt the Malay language, preacher says

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://focusmalaysia.my/report-use-laws-to...-preacher-says/

Report: Use laws to compel vernacular schools to adopt the Malay language, preacher says

THE Government must enforce the use of the Malay language by amending the Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (DBP) Act 1959 to compel its teaching and learning at vernacular schools, said independent preacher Prof Mohd Ridhuan Tee Abdullah.

According to Utusan Malaysia, Ridhuan accused vernacular schools of refusing to strengthen the use of Malay language appropriately in their classes.

Vernacular schools are Government schools and aided by the latter. They should comply with the directives issued by the Education Ministry (MOE), which includes strengthening the use of Malay.

“But until today, the Government has failed to act against the schools on the matter, with the Malay language only being taught for 180 minutes a week,” he said, at the International Symposium on Bahasa Melayu held at Wisma Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka.

user posted image

Elaborating, Ridhuan alleged that Chinese vernacular school refused to heed MOE’s directive to increase Malay language classes to 240 minutes a week, citing it would hamper their students from mastering Mandarin on par with the Chinese in China.

“This is what I call as ‘crafting a nation within a nation’. While they argue against assimilation in favour of integration, they come up with social unity concept.

“They claim that unity happens at mamak outlets as diverse races interact there. My question is, do they use Malay to speak there? Not at all,” he mentioned.

Ridhuan added that as long as the DBP Act was not amended to strengthen enforcement, the Malay language would not become the preferred language of multiracial Malaysia.

He then stressed the need to use authority in nation-building, adding it was bizarre that Malaysia had to come up with campaigns to promote the use of the national language when it should be something entrenched in all citizen’s hearts and minds.

“Do what you must. I think it’s better to place DBP under the Prime Minister’s Department as it is clear that there is no point parking it under the MOE.

When it comes to nation-building, there is no other way than using laws like what Thailand and Indonesia did. Everyone must assimilate to the national language,” Ridhuan quipped. – May 24, 2022

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This case has gone to courts and thrown out by the judge.why do they keep on harping the same old topic? Move on my friend. Get yourself a chinese gf.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the use of learning a completely useless language. They should make Mandarin compulsory instead. Otherwise they will like many monolingual Singlish speaking Angmoh wannabe arse fucking Sinkies.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Ridhuan Tee on being barred from Singapore: 'Don't treat me like a criminal'​

By James Sivalingam - March 21, 2016 @ 5:34pm
Prof Dr Mohd Ridhuan Tee Abdullah today claimed that his views and stance on “ultra-kiasu” may have led to him being barred from entering Singapore. Pix by Rozainah Zakaria
Prof Dr Mohd Ridhuan Tee Abdullah today claimed that his views and stance on “ultra-kiasu” may have led to him being barred from entering Singapore. Pix by Rozainah Zakaria
KUALA LUMPUR: Controversial columnist, Prof Dr Mohd Ridhuan Tee Abdullah today claimed that his views and stance on “ultra-kiasu” may have led to him being barred from entering Singapore.
Ridhuan said that although there was no reason given to him by the Singapore immigration behind the denial of entry, he suspects that his popular columns, books and speeches were possibly contributing factors.
“I feel it has been proven that Singaporeans are ‘ultra-kiasu’. If you look back long enough into the history of Singapore, you’ll find that they want eat the whole proverbial cake, and are not into sharing,” said the former Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin lecturer.
In his column in Sinar Harian today, Ridhuan said he was denied entry into Singapore about a month ago.

He was stopped at the Johor–Singapore Causeway’s Woodland Immigration office for about two hours. Ridhuan said he and his friends were fingerprinted, had their mug shots taken, and eventually denied entry.

This, he said, was not the case more than three years ago, when he was always invited, sometimes as frequent as every fortnight, to give speeches and sermons in Singapore by local religious boards, mosques as well non-governmental organizations especially during the holy month of Ramadhan.

His speeches, he said, were even attended by non-Muslims in Singapore.
However, Ridhuan said that about three years ago, was stopped at Singapore Changi Airport and questioned for a few hours, before eventually being granted entry.
Since that incident, Ridhuan had advised his inviting party to consult the Singapore immigration before extending any invitation to him, and the invites slowly stopped coming.
Speaking to NST Online today, Ridhuan said he had never written or spoken anything directly against Singapore nor its people and had limited his commentary only to Malaysia.
“I am very aware of the sensitivities of the Singaporean communities, what can and cannot be spoken about, and I respect that.
“As a guest of another country, I always respect the local norms and values, but this definitely has something to do with my remarks against the ultra-kiasu,” claimed Ridhuan.
On being barred from entering Singapore, Ridhuan said what actually irked him more was the manner which the Singapore immigration treated him throughout the whole ordeal, which he described as akin to being a “terrorist.”
“I’m a visitor, and have not done anything wrong. If you don’t want to let me in, don’t treat me like a criminal.
“All you had to do was let me know that I’m not allowed in the land. That should be enough.”
He said Singapore, as a developed, democratic nation, should start to “walk the talk” and stop censuring speeches and new ideas.
“When it comes to freedom of expression and speech, I believe that democracy in Malaysia is much more superior than in Singapore,” he quipped.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/03/134194/ridhuan-tee-being-barred-singapore-dont-treat-me-criminal

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Allah made me Chinese so I’ll always be Chinese, says Ridhuan Tee​

Controversial lecturer Ridhuan Tee Abdullah. u00e2u20acu201d YouTube videograb

Controversial lecturer Ridhuan Tee Abdullah scoffed at being tagged “more Malay than the Malays”, saying that he was defending the government’s agenda to promote the Malay language and Islam. — YouTube videograb

By By Hasbullah Awang Chik
Tuesday, 07 Jun 2016 4:13 PM MYT
KUALA LUMPUR, June 7 — Criticised for his pro-Malay stance, controversial Chinese-Muslim convert Ridhuan Tee Abdullah insists that he is still very much a Chinese.
The Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin lecturer has been scorned by detractors for being “more Malay than the Malays”, more so after his public resignation as a lifetime member of MCA last month over the Barisan Nasional (BN) Chinese party’s opposition to hudud law.
“I’ve said it before, I am Chinese and I was born Chinese, Allah made me Chinese. I will always be Chinese,” he told ProjekMMO, Malay Mail Online’s sister publication in Bahasa Malaysia, when met at the KL Alternative Bookfest recently.
He scoffed at being tagged “more Malay than the Malays”, saying that he was defending the government’s agenda to promote the Malay language and Islam so the country’s biggest demographic group would not lag behind the other races.
“I fight for the government’s agenda. The Malay language and Islam are national agendas, I fight for them. Don’t try to oppose it,” he said.
Tee said his gripe with his own race was their focus on safeguarding their own rights to the point they neglect the “national agenda”.
“These people are too embroiled in fighting for their race, their language and their schools that they’ve forgotten that the national agenda should also be strengthened,” he said.
As example, he cited Chinese Malaysians fighting to maintain vernacular schools at the cost of students unable to speak Bahasa Malaysia, the national language.
Tee regularly uses the Hokkien term “ultra kiasu” on those critical of government policy in his twice-weekly columns in Malay daily Sinar Harian, especially the ethnic Chinese and frequently, the secular DAP party.
In an opinion piece for the daily paper last March, he labelled those who “rejected the national agenda and the constitution” as “ultra kiasu”.
“The ultra kiasu, which are those who have rejected the national agenda and the constitution, can be found everywhere, not just in DAP, but also in other parties, including in BN component parties,” he wrote.
“It doesn’t matter if they are Malay, Chinese, Indian or of another race,” he added in the column.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/mala...ll-always-be-chinese-says-ridhuan-tee/1136105