• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia, Indonesia and China are poorer than libya and botswana

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
malaysia, china and indonesia are third world countries through and through. poorer than botswana and libya.

they are poor, their governments are rife with corruption, dirty, polluted, undeveloped and just run down countries.

all these talk about ASEAN and China makes me feel nauseous. china is 1/3 as rich as libya and half as rich as botswana. china will be the next great country? ha ha ha i laughed so hard that i nearly fainted.

malaysia wants to be a great power in east asia? ha ha ha, try being the next libya first before being a great power.

eyes on the scoreboard:

malaysia's gdp per capita - 6900usd
china's gdp per capita - 3500 usd
indonesia's gdp per capita - 2300 usd

libya's gdp per capita -9500 usd
Botswana's gdp per capita - 6400 usd

singapore's gdp per capita - 37,000usd

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
will malaysia, indonesia and china ever become as "rich" as the african nations of Equatorial Guinea, Libya and Gabon or is it unachieveable for them?

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me put you in perspective:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

Malaysia,Indonesia,Botswana and Indonesia are altogether in different league which also belong to the same group as India USD1033,Sri lanka USD2041,Pakistan USD1017,Bhutan USD2219 which are group under dirt poor with wide spread poverty.

However,China is grouped togther with Japan USD38,000,Singapore USD37,000,HK USD 30,000,Korea USD 16450,Taiwan USD 15,373 which you can see they are the proven lots!

By the way Libya is depending on oil,Botswana depends on minerals (diamonds and uranium),Malaysian and Indonesia's economies depend very much on their Chinese population!!

Have you seen a proven first class city in :

1.Africa beside S. Africa (depend on their white)?
2. in South Asia? None
3 In South East Asia beside Singapore (majority Chinese)?

But you can see first class cities in North East Asia like Tokyo,HK,Shanghai,Seoul which are proven to be on par with the Western Europe and America!!

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me put you in perspective:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

Malaysia,Indonesia,Botswana and Indonesia are altogether in different league which also belong to the same group as India USD1033,Sri lanka USD2041,Pakistan USD1017,Bhutan USD2219 which are group under dirt poor with wide spread poverty.

However,China is grouped togther with Japan USD38,000,Singapore USD37,000,HK USD 30,000,Korea USD 16450,Taiwan USD 15,373 which you can see they are the proven lots!

By the way Libya is depending on oil,Botswana depends on minerals (diamonds and uranium),Malaysian and Indonesia's economies depend very much on their Chinese population!!

Have you seen a proven first class city in :

1.Africa beside S. Africa (depend on their white)?
2. in South Asia? None
3 In South East Asia beside Singapore (majority Chinese)?

But you can see first class cities in North East Asia like Tokyo,HK,Shanghai,Seoul which are proven to be on par with the Western Europe and America!!

china is number 98 on your list, in the same group as african countries like tunisia, maldives and swaziland.

china is a poor third world communistic heavily polluted country that ranks the same as most african nations. that is a fact. more chinese died in the famines under mao's policy in the 1960s than the entire causaulties in world war 2.

singaporeans are singaporeans, not chinese. most singaporeans have never been to china, and many cant even read and write chinese, dont talk about being chinese.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
china is number 98 on your list, in the same group as african countries like tunisia, maldives and swaziland.

china is a poor third world communistic heavily polluted country that ranks the same as most african nations. that is a fact. more chinese died in the famines under mao's policy in the 1960s than the entire causaulties in world war 2.

singaporeans are singaporeans, not chinese. most singaporeans have never been to china, and many cant even read and write chinese, dont talk about being chinese.

Anyway whether you like it or not I think you will get frustrated day by day when you see the Chinese are gradually dominating the World just like you see in the last Olympic................ And the most frustrating I guess would be seeing Singkees tilting toward more Chinese than the Mainland Chinese.

gone4good

Alfrescian
Loyal
visit china to see for yourself. i believed all will be amazed at their growth and potential. Singapore land area is not even big enough to fit into their definition of a district in a province. This say a lot in itself. China due to its large area is difficult to govern but we can see that things are already moving and improving. Soon, major cities in China will be on par with Singapore or even surpassed it. I am in Chongqing and at the rate things are moving, they will be on par with Singapore in my opinion within 5-10 years. And what is to their advantage is that they can grow further unlike Singapore which is already reaching stagnant growth or rather out of ideas.

China is not so backward as what we are taught to believed it was in school. My first visit to China was in 2003 and i find it comparable to singapore in the 70s. and now only 7 years later, development is already similar to singapore in the 90s. they made up 20+ years of growth in only 7 years.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
visit china to see for yourself. i believed all will be amazed at their growth and potential. Singapore land area is not even big enough to fit into their definition of a district in a province. This say a lot in itself. China due to its large area is difficult to govern but we can see that things are already moving and improving. Soon, major cities in China will be on par with Singapore or even surpassed it. I am in Chongqing and at the rate things are moving, they will be on par with Singapore in my opinion within 5-10 years. And what is to their advantage is that they can grow further unlike Singapore which is already reaching stagnant growth or rather out of ideas.

China is not so backward as what we are taught to believed it was in school. My first visit to China was in 2003 and i find it comparable to singapore in the 70s. and now only 7 years later, development is already similar to singapore in the 90s. they made up 20+ years of growth in only 7 years.

Bro,u r right!I travel to China every once to twice a month,the speed it is growing is astonishing.I really worry for Singapore and HK how we can sustain ourselves!

I just came back from Europe and you can see so many simplified Chinese sign boards or restaurant menus everywhere.

The magazines are talking how the European Union can stay united to counter the US and China without mentioning Russia and Japan at all!

Of course it is not a sure path that China will succeed,but the European are worrying now especially the big commercial plane China is launching soon and how fast they mastered the skill to built the World's high speed train whether copied or otherwise!All these are creating fears also in Japan and Korea commercially!

gone4good

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, it is very true. China is really growing and Singaporeans better not look down at them. Seriously, in 5-10 years, we will be the one trying to curry favor from them. My office is dealing with business consulting and helping foreign firms start-up in China. The number of projects is increasing weekly as more and more try to enter Chinese market esp German company. To them, China is the next big thing. Who bothers about Singapore. And do not believe in reports that most Chinese are poor with a depress annual income from figures released by International studies. These are all manipulated.

I shared with you my personal experiences. The working colleagues around me in the 30s are already driving Honda, Audi, Volkswagen fully paid up (although it is much cheaper compared to Singapore) and living in 2-3 room apartments with security just like our Condo in Singapore also paid up (although the price is cheaper that Singapore). What does this means. This means that working class over here have the means to enjoy the better quality of lives compared to Singaporeans. How many of us can drive and live in a fully paid up cars and Condos in Singapore?

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway whether you like it or not I think you will get frustrated day by day when you see the Chinese are gradually dominating the World just like you see in the last Olympic................ And the most frustrating I guess would be seeing Singkees tilting toward more Chinese than the Mainland Chinese.

China is a thoroughly third world country in the same league as African nations. Dirt poor, dirty, run down and very polluted.

China is only the second biggest economy and a sporting giant in the world because they have 1/4 of the world's population. If you combine the EU and North America (1.3 billion people) their economy would be 50 times China's and they would win 20 times more medals than china.

The Chinese are so poor that they are not even Swaziland's level.

yes, it is very true. China is really growing and Singaporeans better not look down at them. Seriously, in 5-10 years, we will be the one trying to curry favor from them. My office is dealing with business consulting and helping foreign firms start-up in China. The number of projects is increasing weekly as more and more try to enter Chinese market esp German company. To them, China is the next big thing. Who bothers about Singapore. And do not believe in reports that most Chinese are poor with a depress annual income from figures released by International studies. These are all manipulated.

I shared with you my personal experiences. The working colleagues around me in the 30s are already driving Honda, Audi, Volkswagen fully paid up (although it is much cheaper compared to Singapore) and living in 2-3 room apartments with security just like our Condo in Singapore also paid up (although the price is cheaper that Singapore). What does this means. This means that working class over here have the means to enjoy the better quality of lives compared to Singaporeans. How many of us can drive and live in a fully paid up cars and Condos in Singapore?

You are obvioulsy lying. Here is the reality.

Most Chinese white collars in their 30s are working 12 hours a day and earning 2000 yuan (400sgd) a month (if they have a degree and live in urban cities). The famers (70% of chinese population) feel lucky if they make 500 yuan (100sgd) a month.

houses in china are built shabbily and can collapse anytime. in fact, they are of such poor quality that they last only 30 years. and they cost even more than houses in singapore.

the air is polluted and your lungs will turn black and you will die of cancer sooner if you stay in their cities. water is dirty. food is very unhygenic and they reuse the oil. the internet is censored and even youtube and facebook or cnn are banned.

to put it simply, china is a sub african nation.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are indeed very right to say China is belonging to 3rd World league at this juncture if that will make you more happy.Some Westerners are trying hard to disqualify China from 3rd World status for economic reason but China still steadfastly regards itself as a 3rd World country.

China was even "dirt dirt" poorer in 1978 which could not even compared to India which is also famous for dirt poor and wide spread poverty.

Let us see day by day and I think you will be getting more and more frustrating.............................Even non-Chinese Singkees would like to be Chinese judging from the ways they are married into the Chinese community.You can see so many Eurasian and Indian are assimilating to become Chinese by marrying our mighty Chinese women and their offspring will again marrry Chinese again to have pure Chinese blood even though they bear non-Chinese names.I think you have no choice but to accept the facts.

Our late President Sheares grand daughter which appeared in the paper a few days ago is already passed off with a Chinese look..........