• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Making a company/person backrupt

JavaMocca

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, a friend of mine engaged a company to to do some graphic design work and nothing was delivered, with delays. So, he filed a small claim against the company. However, this graphic design company is a one-man sole proprietor, owned by someone holding a permanent resident status in Singapore.Any bros know the step to make this company/person backrupt?

My friend said that most likely, the small claims will judged against the company as the owner is not in Singapore anymore but back in Malaysia, but his company is still active in ACRA.However, he is not sure how small claim tribunal will be able to help him recover the money the company owed him since it is only a registered address but it is virtual with no asset for the bailiff to issue a writ of summon.So, his recourse, I guess, is to make this company/person a backrupt but what are the steps to take to do that?

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, a friend of mine engaged a company to to do some graphic design work and nothing was delivered, with delays. So, he filed a small claim against the company. However, this graphic design company is a one-man sole proprietor, owned by someone holding a permanent resident status in Singapore.Any bros know the step to make this company/person backrupt?

My friend said that most likely, the small claims will judged against the company as the owner is not in Singapore anymore but back in Malaysia, but his company is still active in ACRA.However, he is not sure how small claim tribunal will be able to help him recover the money the company owed him since it is only a registered address but it is virtual with no asset for the bailiff to issue a writ of summon.So, his recourse, I guess, is to make this company/person a backrupt but what are the steps to take to do that?

wah... how much he is charging for his graphic design work

so serious until need to be so revengeful

JavaMocca

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah... how much he is charging for his graphic design work

so serious until need to be so revengeful

What do you mean by revengeful?Take payment know, but deliver don't know. It is tantamount to cheating. Should my friend make a police report?

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you mean by revengeful?Take payment know, but deliver don't know. It is tantamount to cheating. Should my friend make a police report?

Do you know what the is role of Police in Singapore???

Go see your lawyer lah..

JavaMocca

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know what the is role of Police in Singapore???

Go see your lawyer lah..

Then why so those people who paid package to Naughty by Nature photo studio make police report?Anyway, back to the your first point. What do you mean by revengeful?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just file him a lawyer letter, he'll pay. No need to make him bankrupt bah -_-"
He still dun pay, go small claim if its below 10k

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

Before thinking to make anyone bankrupt, the debt or judgment sum has to be at least SGD10K. If this is a case in Small Claims, unlikely to be SGD10K.

Your friend can drop this idea.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Small claims court is as toothless as that toothless tiger CASE. They can pass judgment but there is nothing they can do to enforce it. End of the day, to enforce still have to refer back to High Court.