• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Makan places boom town Charlie, helped by recession

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
June 28, 2009
Eateries expand businesses
By Tessa Wong

LOWER rents and operating costs are luring entrepreneurs into expanding their food and beverage businesses, even in a recession year.

But because it is a recession year, they are going for mid-priced bistros, cafes and bars which are easier on the pocket than fine dining restaurants.

The next few months will see more new eateries opening, as more retail space comes onstream, said Restaurant Association of Singapore president Ang Kiam Meng, although he could not give exact figures.

Read the full report in Monday's edition of The Straits Times.

Lion_Barbell

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday I took my children to Swensen's for lunch.
Was pleasantly surprised when the bill came.
It was CHEAPER than what I usually have to pay at my neighbourhood kopitiam's western food stall :smile:

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was CHEAPER than what I usually have to pay at my neighbourhood kopitiam's western food stall :smile:

No matter what, Beshitted's bs will always be smelly and impossible to eat. That's what he gets when he only hires peasants from Bangladesh and Myanmar, hah!

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, Swensen's offer a pretty good deal. However, some of the items on their menu is not as good as it used to be, maybe cost cutting. Nevertheless, I still support hem as they hire mainly locals.

Same for Manhatten Fish market if you like fish and chips. Reasonably priced and also hire mainly locals too. Very good service for a low priced joint.

All in all, much better than eating at the food courts that hires foreigners and pricing is almost the same if you factor in a drink.

Vote with our $$$. Support businesses that hires local and charges reasonably.