• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

main purpose of politicians are to serve peoples or make $$$

8::::::D

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am very confuse, please enlighten me. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

govt keep saying we need to pay and pay and pay and pay to tempt greedy individuals who prefers to make more money in the corporate world to join the government.

it confuses me, why pay greedy peoples to run our country?

Sun Yat Sen never ask for a single cents when he fight for the chinese people.

did Aung San Suu Kyi ask for $$$$$$$$$$
did Nelson Mandela ask for $$$$$$$$$$
did Mahatma Gandhi ask for $$$$$$$$$$

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Entering into public service is a noble calling. This is because one is expected to be paid less as compared to employment in the private sector. Public servants forego monetary gains in exchange for the authority/power that comes with the job. Money is not a top priority for those who enter public service. Serving the country and having the power to effect legislation are the main motivators. Thats how it is in healthy functioning democracies. So, it is a curiously unique situation when public servants obtain handsome monetary rewards, as well as the authority/power that comes with the job. In such an instance, being a public servant would be a dream job. But such a phenomenon is rare in the civilised world. Except for a certain unique country with unique attributes, so I was told.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am very confuse, please enlighten me. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused....Sun Yat Sen never ask for a single cents when he fight for the chinese people.
did Aung San Suu Kyi ask for $$$$$$$$$$
did Nelson Mandela ask for $$$$$$$$$$
did Mahatma Gandhi ask for $$$$$$$$$$

Dear Confused,
Politicians also need to eat - no money how to eat?

Sun Yat Sen - very rich already. The doctor "never ask for a single cent" but he got millions from donations from Chinese all over the world, including Singaporeans . He did not say "money not enough" - just quietly accept money for the "motherland" like Ah Bian.

Aung San Suu Kyi? Daughter of Burma's hero and military man - so don't know how rich she is - but super rich Burma standard. Quite well off already marrying an ang moh. House arrest in her bungalow by the lake Inya. Educated overseas in expensive Oxford University.

Nelson Mandela - always in jail - so free food, free lodging, free entertainment. Who needs money?

Mahatma Gandhi - give me money also no use - don't know how to use. Just need basic needs - a pair of Indian tire-slippers, an Indian dhoti and a bamboo walking stick? Why need money?
sgs.jpg

Singaporean politicians? Everybody agrees we are living in super expensive country where a car costs more than double the price in Super rich America, and a pigeon-hole costs more than the price of a simple apartment in Tokyo, they should need lots of money to serve the people. Even opposition MPs got $15,000 a month or $200,000 or more a year! Don't expect ministers to get less; nor expect Low Thia Kiang or Chiam See Tong to donate their "allowance" to the Children Society or Cancer Society.

Remember the great LKY's quotation about difficulty in finding good people to run the country :
Those who are capable but unwilling to serve, and those who are willing but not capable