• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

maid population in sg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least I have individual and family experience with maids IN SINGAPORE, that is why I comment on this thread. You on the other hand ARE LIVING IN CALIFORNIA WITH ZERO EXPERIENCE IN MAIDS, and u presume to tell me what is and what is not representative treatment of maids in singapore? Like I said, u are like a virgin teaching a sex class. Everything u spout out is from what u read and theoretical.

i do have personal experience with maids in sg. in fact, 2 maids, both pinoy. you are making assumptions too quickly.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i do have personal experience with maids in sg. in fact, 2 maids, both pinoy. you are making assumptions too quickly.

i persuaded my family in sg to let both go. my parents are doing exceptionally well now without the employ of maids. they become more productive and active.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i persuaded my family in sg to let both go. my parents are doing exceptionally well now without the employ of maids. they become more productive and active.

me think maids are extremely helpful when kiddos are around :o:o:o

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
there's nothing better for kids growing up than the time spent with, close attention yet stern guidance of their parents.

absolutely agree! so many brats running around, then again, majority of the folks are spending time working to earn their dough :(:(:(

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
besides my parents, i have also persuaded all my siblings to part ways with their maids. all have done so with only one holdout, my sister. she trimmed 2 maids and a nanny down to 1. they are all achievers and successful. and they are managing their households well without maids, except for that one sister who struggles with clutter in the home and 3 spoilt brats. the other siblings have kids too, and one brother has 4. yet he copes well even though he has an extremely busy doctor's schedule. the moment the holdout sister jettisons her last maid, she will thank me for giving her life back to her. those who have given up the addiction are thankful and will not go back.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
absolutely agree! so many brats running around, then again, majority of the folks are spending time working to earn their dough :(:(:(

it's a sinkie addiction, and sinkies will defend their rights to have maids till death. just look at papsmear and many oppo jokers who are clamoring for fairness and minimum wage. they hate the pap for exploiting them, yet they and their family exploit cheap labor for their own benefit. minimum wage can apply to anybody except those serving them. :rolleyes:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's a sinkie addiction, and sinkies will defend their rights to have maids till death. just look at papsmear and many oppo jokers who are clamoring for fairness and minimum wage. they hate the pap for exploiting them, yet they and their family exploit cheap labor for their own benefit. minimum wage can apply to anybody except those serving them. :rolleyes:

It not really an addiction but started as a abuse of the maid hiring scheme available as the cost of paying the help is low.

But to take this issue in better perspective, some ppl ( like those who have medical issues like mobility and this is not only confined to the elderly ) should have an access to a maid at a affordable cost.

As you know, the gov here does not really do much if at all, to help those individual who have medical difficulties.

It's a 'you die your own business culture' here.

And any self respecting individual, would not want to ask the reluctant gov to give out any help if they could. Then there are those who have elderly, who short of a more expensive option in a nursing home have a need of a maid too. Plus in helps in family bonding and promoting family values to have their elderly looked after in their own homes!

But as for those quoting 'too many kids even when wife is NOT working' to have a need of a maid then I think that is abusing the scheme.

Perphaps the gov would need ppl to apply for a permit ( not just collecting levies) with a valid reason before they can hire a maid!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But to take this issue in better perspective, some ppl ( like those who have medical issues like mobility and this is not only confined to the elderly ) should have an access to a maid at a affordable cost.
Perphaps the gov would need ppl to apply for a permit ( not just collecting levies) with a valid reason before they can hire a maid!

abuse and addiction are closely correlated although not exactly alike. but one leads to the other.

for those with health and age issues but who rather stay at home, agree that some assistance is required. however, the maid is not the right profession for this. it should be a homecare nurse, with proper training and certification. the problem with sg is that the mighty maid has become a do all, which is abuse.

agree that gov should control hiring of maids based on valid needs. however, education begins at home. if i can't convince the hypocrites here to relook at the way they use their maids, i have at least succeeded in changing mentalities and attitudes among family members.

sg can do away with all these bullshit crap excuses about the need for cheap labor. these same hypocrites come here to protest gov policies on importing cheap ft's, yet when the absence of cheap labor personally affects their lifestyle and bottomline, will call you ugly names and ask you to f*ck off. it gets personal because it touches a raw nerve. abusive ones who are exposed for their abusive ways will give excuses and never admit it until shown the mirror or a video with incriminating evidence. who better to change the mindset of sinkies than someone from the outside. ironically.

i have started to change abusive mindsets with family. i will attempt to change abusive mindsets here, and then follow up with sg population in general, and finally those in power.