• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maid gets 20 years' jail for abusing baby

Suspicion

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maid gets 20 years' jail for abusing baby

20130220.202306_abuse.jpg

Nina Suraya Sulaiman (left, bottom right) says her maid deserved the punishment meted out for abuse.

New Straits Times
Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013

KUANTAN, Malaysia - Tears streaming down the face, bank clerk Nina Suraya Sulaiman could not hide her relief after the Sessions Court here sentenced her Indonesian maid to 20 years' jail for abusing her 4-month-old baby.

"She deserves the severe punishment for what she had done to my son," said Nina in between sobs after sentence was passed.

Yuliana, 24, from Aceh, pleaded guilty to attempted murder and physical abuse of Mohamed Hareez Mohamed Zamri.

She committed the offences at the victim's home at Lorong Bukit Setongkol, here, at 7.45am on Feb 15.

Judge Mohd Azhar Othman sentenced her to 15 years' imprisonment for the first offence and another five years for the second offence. Azhar, however, ordered the jail terms to run concurrently from the date of arrest.

He said the deterrent sentence would serve not only as a lesson to the accused but also the public.

"Children should always be given loving care because they carry the hopes of the next generation," he said, adding that Yuliana's act would also affect people's trust in their maids.

Clad in a purple lock-up uniform, the accused, who was unrepresented, cried uncontrollably when the sentence was delivered.

When asked by the court interpreter if she had anything to say in mitigation, Yuliana paused for several minutes before saying: "Saya takut (I'm afraid)".

Deputy public prosecutor Nor Azizah Mohamad, however, pressed for a deterrent sentence as she claimed that Yuliana's act was serious and had been highlighted by the media.

Nina later told reporters that Hareez's condition had improved after he was discharged from Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital on Monday.

Psycho

Alfrescian
Loyal
She should get life imprisonment for her cruelty.
How would she feel if others do it on her flesh and blood.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
The video very disturbing puki mah !!!

Yes very. Really makes me wonder what made her do it. I understand it was her first day working for that family?

Insane, stressed, venting anger? As much as i despise her for doing this i am surprised she was sentenced after just 5 days, without having a lawyer? I am sure she did not know what was happening to her in court. That is not right.

I still agree with her punishment though.

Last edited:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes very. Really makes me wonder what made her do it. I understand it was her first day working for that family?

Insane, stressed, venting anger? As much as i despise her for doing this i am surprised she was sentenced after just 5 days, without having a lawyer? I am sure she did not know what was happening to her in court. That is not right.

I still agree with her punishment though.

I did not finish watching the whole video . Too disturbing , you are right she might be insane , stress or just venting her anger . I don't know about Malaysia law sorry I can't comment on it .

Last edited:

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
what kind of parent who will leave your 3 month old to a stranger? especially one domestic maid who has no training or mentally ready to take care of a baby?

just to earn miserable few hundred bucks as a clerk.

tell me is it worth it?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why islam have no forgiveness, just a 4 month old baby, they are young , they can get new baby, why waste 20 yrs of this women.

not fair sentence.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why islam have no forgiveness, just a 4 month old baby, they are young , they can get new baby, why waste 20 yrs of this women.

not fair sentence.

because it did not happen to your own flesh n blood. Imagine that child is yours..