• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maid Abuse - No Longer A Dirty Little Secret

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
maidabuse.jpg

There are so many stories circulating the internet, of disregard for basic human rights, people suffering and abuse by authority. But the most recent reports of maid abuse in Singapore has left my heart aching for the victim.

According to staistics from the Ministry of Manpower, the number of substantiated maid abuse cases handled by the police dropped from 157 cases in 1997 to 68 last year. Now we need to find ways to eradicate this dirty little secret forever.

In the most recent and disgusting episode, 18-year-old mother of one, Nur Rizan Mohd Sazali was yesterday jailed for 26 months - 12 months for forcibly extracting the two teeth and another 14 months for pouring boiling wax on the maid. She has been dubbed by the press as "The Dentist".

[FULL STORY]

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've actually witnessed milder forms of maid abuse in public and have intervened, but this latest case just leaves me stunned and very saddened. These people must have mental problems.

It is cases like this that make it palatable to see justice done the middle eastern way, ie; an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

It is also unbearable to see things like this happening again and again so much so that I find myself avoiding knowing too much lest I end up like the photographer who shot himself to death despite the fame his capture on film of the toddler in Ethiopia making it's own way towards the UN relief centre while vultures was following it every step of the way. That tragedy was beyond comprehension.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just could not understand how these abusers were brought up ?

I could see that the siblings could be from a dislodged family, "mother of one at the age of 18 yrs old". Despite these, how cruel can one gets ???

It is too far off.....

It is cases like this that make it palatable to see justice done the middle eastern way, ie; an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

It is also unbearable to see things like this happening again and again so much so that I find myself avoiding knowing too much lest I end up like the photographer who shot himself to death despite the fame his capture on film of the toddler in Ethiopia making it's own way towards the UN relief centre while vultures was following it every step of the way. That tragedy was beyond comprehension.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just could not understand how these abusers were brought up ?

I could see that the siblings could be from a dislodged family, "mother of one at the age of 18 yrs old". Despite these, how cruel can one gets ???

It is too far off.....

Can you just visualise for a moment a loved one being subjected to having her front top two teeth pulled out with pliers? And obviously without anaesthetics.
When I had root canal work on my top incisor, the dentist told me the pain is more excruciating because of the shorter distance the nerve is to the brain.
Makes my knees weak just recalling the experience.

JustLikeU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you just visualise for a moment a loved one being subjected to having her front top two teeth pulled out with pliers? And obviously without anaesthetics.
When I had root canal work on my top incisor, the dentist told me the pain is more excruciating because of the shorter distance the nerve is to the brain.
Makes my knees weak just recalling the experience.
cannot even begin to imagine

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are so called modern human beings living in first world S'pore foisting such barbaric punishments on another human beings.

The indignation arising from what happened is unspeakable.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
These are so called modern human beings living in first world S'pore foisting such barbaric punishments on another human beings.

The indignation arising from what happened is unspeakable.

Sinkies are a perfect example of living in a fantasy of a first world but behave like a 3rd.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The sad part is that these maggots truly believe they are 1st world people. Some brainwashing by the PAP.

Yes, by using media to brainwash the people, the govt is doing a great disservice for the locals. The are being mind-controlled to the agenda of the govt. All people should not fall in for that and it is not right to do that as well.

That is a very selfish way to remain in power. i cannot see what good it does for the country. If the mind controlling is so good, why sinkies still commit evil like this.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Comeon man Teeth extraction???????

That's like over the limit. Damn and seems like not only the chinese do it.

Pouring scalding water, using hot iron,...... Now pulling teeth!!

If you have people doing such things, must be symptoms of a very sick society. :rolleyes:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I abhor the cruelty and disregard for maids displayed here, but part of it is due to the unfair domestic helper employment laws, and the mids themselves.

The law does not allow an employer to change a maid if she can't perform, or the hefty deposit will be forfeited if they do. So they're stuck with a bad maid, get mad at her, and start to discipline her in cruel ways. What's more, if the maid gets into trouble outside the house, the employer is blamed and the deposit forfeited also.

It's harder to be nice under these conditions, and this is exacerbated by the huge cultural differences between the maid and the sinkee. Some maids stoop to feeding the baby urine or other ridiculous stuff, believing this makes their employers more docile. How do you react when you find out?? You can't even return her or get her charged without forfeiting your deposit!

Yes, by using media to brainwash the people, the govt is doing a great disservice for the locals. The are being mind-controlled to the agenda of the govt. All people should not fall in for that and it is not right to do that as well.

That is a very selfish way to remain in power. i cannot see what good it does for the country. If the mind controlling is so good, why sinkies still commit evil like this.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I abhor the cruelty and disregard for mids displayed here, but part of it is due to the unfair domestic helper employment laws, and the mids themselves.

The law does not allow an employer to change a maid if she can't perform, or the hefty deposit will be forfeited if they do. So they're stuck with a bad maid, get mad at her, and start to discipline her in cruel ways. What's more, if the maid gets into trouble outside the house, the employer is blamed and the deposit forfeited also.

It's harder to be nice under these conditions, and this is exacerbated by the hug cultural differences between the maid and the sinkee. Some maids stoop to feeding the baby urine or other ridiculous stuff, believing this makes their employers more docile. How do you react when you find out?? You can't even return her or get her charged without forfeiting your deposit!

The law is being drafted out in a inhumane way. Using punishment as a deterrent. How long can the sinkie govt learn. This sort of negative deterrent does not help people in the long term. I dun call them 3rd world for nothing.