• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mah says "Home buyers, be realistic!"

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
hdb-alphonsuschern.jpg

THE Housing Board (HDB) cannot meet all expectations of home buyers even though the standard of housing has increased over the years, said National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan.

Addressing Parliament on Monday, he said some buyers seemed to have unrealistic expectations.

Mr Mah, who is 61, recalled his childhood days living in Kim Keat Avenue.

His then three-room HDB flat 'was like a palace' - even though there was just one toilet and bathroom in a flat with eight people.

'It was basic but it was like a palace to us because I had just come from a one-room (flat) with 10 people in Chinatown. So I think that reflects our expectations at that time and how things have changed,' he said.

Although new HDB flats are 'going to be even nicer over time... certain expectations, we cannot meet', he said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_458365.html

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now Mah, 'bo bat ti',( Cantonese, um chee say) is becoming like the wooden & the old fogger, is telling old tales:

Was : Kim Keat Avenue, 3 room flat
Now : "Ivory Tower"...3million SINgapore dollars

I so poor thing..then!...sob!, sob!...

Really "bo bat ti"..

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mah is very fond of using stories from his childhood days. He used that in the demolition of the old national library debate.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy must be voted OUT.

He has caused too much misery amongst the middle class and poor in S'pore.

And worst of all, when he speaks, he has that FUCKING smile that says "I am screwing all of you. So what".

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Something I learned from NS would apply to what Mah's is saying:

Your story touches my heart (sarcastically) :rolleyes:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
But....but.....but.....one of his colleague promised us SWISS standard of living not too long ago.

does the Swiss live in pigoen hole the size of 3-room HDB flats without lifts and still pay TV license, parkign fees.........?

Is MBT, together some some MIW recently, telling us to look back to the sixties ? Meaning current situation, after 40+years under PAPa, cannot be compared to back then when our grandparents came to slog for a forth-world country just to keep family alive ?

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mah treats all of us like kids. But we are not, we are paying customers!

I always scold my kids by telling them 'in my days.... blah blah', they listen until angry. Tell me to get real and stop giving history lesson. As a father, I stopped giving history lesson already.

More good years for you!!!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh! a horse talking from his rear end mah!
2. so much hot airs too.
3. still "affordable", that is funny man!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh! a horse talking from his rear end mah!
2. so much hot airs too.
3. still "affordable", that is funny man!

a dog shit millionaire talking cock, affordable my arse.
pap let the speculators and FT run loose and cause the hdb to be price inflated.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This guy must be voted OUT.

He has caused too much misery amongst the middle class and poor in S'pore.

And worst of all, when he speaks, he has that FUCKING smile that says "I am screwing all of you. So what".

hiding in a GRC after losing to Chiam in Potong Pasir, what can you expect? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't he the one who promise world cup 2010?

Now you getting into the thick of things, he thinks that most of us, do not remember 2010, that is about two months from now.

The MIW's are like medicine sellers of the past, wether selling, 'ti dar yow', or 'go yeok', or some herbs or...

All talk, some king fu actions & moves...gets the audience interested, but short on delivery...and then sell you the product!!

Sounds familar, with the PAP?:biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies deserve the dog shit gov, since they voted them in, again and again.

even if the dog shit gov paid themselved 200 millions per person every year, i will see no protests, comments or actions from sinkies.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
hiding in a GRC after losing to Chiam in Potong Pasir, what can you expect? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This bloody hai-lam short-arse simply cannot be trusted at all!

In the early 90's, this fucking short-arse had the audacity to promise
that S'pore will be in the World Cup by 2010.

Mahmut chee hum lah!