• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Low Thia Khiang jumped the gun in Parliament

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low Thia Khiang make assumptions in parliament, say Singapore not going to United Nations about the haze caused by Indonesia this year. Shanmugam shot Low Thia Khiang down saying "I didn't say that raising the haze at the United Nations is not an option.. I have expressly said that we have not ruled anything out". (5:30)

[video=youtube;BlnzCuhQmzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlnzCuhQmzQ[/video]

Last edited:

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the rest of the opposition members of the house speak up? Lina Chiam?

How about these NMPs?

Ramasamy Dhinakaran
Faizah binte Haji Ahmad Jamal
Nicholas Fang Kuo Wei
Janice Koh Yu-Mei
Laurence Lien Tsung Chern
Mary Liew Kiah Eng
Eugene Kheng Boon Tan
Tan Su Shan
Teo Siong Seng

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK was only testing Shanmugam to see if he was alert and wide awake in Parliament. Remember? If the driver seems to be dozing off, it is the duty of the co-driver to slap him.

Arent we lucky to have co-drivers like Low?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is too corner the pappies..

1) If PAP goes to UN and World Court with Mudland, it will really piss the indons off and jeprodised the GLCs.

2) If dont go,,PAP will have come out with excuses all the time and haze will come back...

PAP will opt for no 2 but whatever it chooses its a lose lose situation for them.

This haze episode has shown how useless PAP is in defending the nation and its people as it has gone into rent seeking activity. WP can say,,why do we need such an incompetent gahmen anyway?

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think Low Thia Khiang say Singapore went to UN last time and did not this time so he was asking Shanmugam for the reasons why Singapore did not go to UN this time.

swampfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have difficulty understanding what Shanmugam is saying. i could not "awoid" the fact that he has a very heavy indian accent.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. For somebody trained in law, he seems to have difficulty speaking in coherent sentences in an articulate way. Why doesnt he take out those marbles from his mouth? He is also always looking as if he is forming his thoughts as he speaks, and being too careful, not very good at making sense in the end.

Even Subhas Anandan can speak better.

i have difficulty understanding what Shanmugam is saying. i could not "awoid" the fact that he has a very heavy indian accent.

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same thing with LTK. He speaks like a Tiong, hard to understand what he is saying. May be easier to understand him if he speaks like a local.

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shows the true colors of WP supporters in this forum

If you say something about the WP, no matter how trivial, the WP supporters will zap you!

Vbd18UG.jpg

swampfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same thing with LTK. He speaks like a Tiong, hard to understand what he is saying. May be easier to understand him if he speaks like a local.

i think that is an unfair comparison. LTK is chinese educated, i think he speaks good enough English considering.

Shanmugam is English educated,and highly educated too. he still sounds like an uneducated ah neh.

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good that there are still people who believed in free speech.
Kam siah to that WP supporter.

From 158 to 28 to 34 points.

HWSjwHw.jpg

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shows the true colors of WP supporters in this forum

If you say something about the WP, no matter how trivial, the WP supporters will zap you!

Vbd18UG.jpg

Certainly fishy. When it comes to criticism, this is mild and the efforts were concerted.

As a WP supporter, I was zap once for citing WP's poor use of Chen Show Mao. Funny right?

But no zaps for saying that Yee Jee Jong brings up too many issues. No zaps for saying that the red haired WP leader babbled too much. No zaps for saying WP locked themselves out of AIM issue at Punggol East. No zaps for saying WP's remark to the Indonesian minister lacked punch. No zaps for saying WP will stay one term in power only. No zaps for saying WP should select better leaders-candidates.

Didn't happen to others except the one-third threadstarter.

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think that is an unfair comparison. LTK is chinese educated, i think he speaks good enough English considering.

Shanmugam is English educated,and highly educated too. he still sounds like an uneducated ah neh.

Not comparing him to Shanmugam, LHL or any of the people with good command of English. Since LTK is local Singaporean, I expected him to speak like a Sinkie, Singlish etc. On the same video, Lee Bee Wah came out to speak and she speak like Ah Beng, I expected LTK to speak like LBW and not that of Tiong. He does not sound local Singaporean with his present English.

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Certainly fishy. When it comes to criticism, this is mild and the efforts were concerted.

As a WP supporter, I was zap once for citing WP's poor use of Chen Show Mao. Funny right?

But no zaps for saying that Yee Jee Jong brings up too many issues. No zaps for saying that the red haired WP leader babbled too much. No zaps for saying WP locked themselves out of AIM issue at Punggol East. No zaps for saying WP's remark to the Indonesian minister lacked punch. No zaps for saying WP will stay one term in power only. No zaps for saying WP should select better leaders-candidates.

Didn't happen to others except the one-third threadstarter.

I'm surprised why people zap you since you are a known WP supporter. Maybe there is a golden rule about the WP in the internet, never say anything about the WP leadership.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprised why people zap you since you are a known WP supporter. Maybe there is a golden rule about the WP in the internet, never say anything about the WP leadership.

Unfortunately, I was also zapped once for criticizing NSP and 3 times for criticizing SDP. Though 3 times for SDP is small compared to the times I criticized them.

Last edited: